Calhoun coming back | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Calhoun coming back

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Do you think a guy like Ray Allen or Caron Butler would be interested in coaching with Calhoun for a year or 2? Calhoun probably wouldn’t be there long and I doubt Ray or Caron would want to be there for the long haul but it’d be interesting to see if they’d be interested in getting the program back on its feet/see if they have a long term interest in coaching.

But how would that be different from Ollie 2.0 ? Great players but no coaching experience.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
S9Cbqsa.jpg

August_West

Reaction Score
Anybody else know Daddy Rich?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
We're now hanging on the words of someone named 'Daddy Rich.' This is why being a college sports fan is strange.

August_West

Reaction Score
This guy?

5182584-monopolyman275.jpg

Nope and Im shocked and (a little disappointed since I hold your knowledge of such minutiae in high esteem) that you didnt get it right away.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Maybe JC can get a deal that is similar to what Tommy Heinsohn has with the Celtics - He will coach all of the home games, and Donny Marshall will do the road trips

Reaction Score
He loves that guard for Prince Tech. He would be a real steal. He also saw him against New London.
Waterford has a pretty good Guard also (Mikey Buscetto #5)
He loves that guard for Prince Tech. He would be a real steal. He also saw him against New London.
upload_2018-3-15_10-20-52.png

Reaction Score
What about if Jim only coaches for home games and does zero travel. Then bring in a new coach for away games only, pay 1/2 a salary. I would hire Beck Hammon, she lives in AAC territory, so it will be like coming home for her. This will work. The team can play two styles. Which ever style works better, we use in the post season. :rolleyes:
Stupid

Reaction Score
If they bring back JC time to close up shop. It means the AD is so broke, and so barren of new ideas, that the program is pretty much dead anyway.

That people in this thread think it is a good idea to bring back a coach who will be 76 at the start of the season, and who hasn't coached a game since 2012--and the last few seasons he did coach he missed multiple games a season--is insane. The Boneyard I grew up with was crazy, but this is insane.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He’s returning more powerful than you can possibly imagine

But in all seriousness, although he has had several years off the road, he couldn’t tolerate BE travel at 70. How’s he gonna handle AAC travel?

And how in the hell does this work with recruiting? Is chill being kept around for that alone? And even if so, what does that pitch sound like?

So Calhoun is back to coach via holographic projection, while he's actually on the golf course? That might be the only way he'd do it.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I am not for JC coming back for a few reasons, but the Larry Brown argument is a good one.

Larry Brown brought credibility to a program that hadn't won anything since Jon Koncak was there in 1985. It's a bit different with a team that has won 4 titles, and 2 in the last 7 years.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Larry Brown brought credibility to a program that hadn't won anything since Jon Koncak was there in 1985. It's a bit different with a team that has won 4 titles, and 2 in the last 7 years.

Which program has more credibility right now? UConn or Cincinnati?

Reaction Score
So Calhoun is back to coach via holographic projection, while he's actually on the golf course? That might be the only way he'd do it.
Actually the analogy is even more apt with KO being the prophesied chosen one fallen from grace

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Which program has more credibility right now? UConn or Cincinnati?

Did I miss something? Did Cincinnati hire an aging guy to bring them respectability? I'd say we're still the better overall program, but SMU is not Cincinnati. And before they hired Brown they were not worthy to sniff Cincinnati's toe fungus.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Actually the analogy is even more apt with KO being the prophesied chosen one fallen from grace

So Ollie is Annakin, and we now need to hire Luke?

Reaction Score
Anybody else know Daddy Rich?
If they bring back JC time to close up shop. It means the AD is so broke, and so barren of new ideas, that the program is pretty much dead anyway.

That people in this thread think it is a good idea to bring back a coach who will be 76 at the start of the season, and who hasn't coached a game since 2012--and the last few seasons he did coach he missed multiple games a season--is insane. The Boneyard I grew up with was crazy, but this is insane.

Basketball has changed a lot since he left. The hoop went from being 10 feet to 14 feet. Free throws now must be head butted in the net. And 3 pointers are now worth 3.5 points instead.

Wait... never mind the game is the same as it was in 2012.

If the guy thinks he’s healthy enough to coach, he’ll coach. It’s not stopping him from going to D3. I personally think Hurley is still getting the job and JC, if these rumors are true, might be more involved with the team then we originally thought just not HC.

I would be very surprised if he was back as HC

Reaction Score
Basketball has changed a lot since he left. The hoop went from being 10 feet to 14 feet. Free throws now must be head butted in the net. And 3 pointers are now worth 3.5 points instead.

Wait... never mind the game is the same as it was in 2012.

If the guy thinks he’s healthy enough to coach, he’ll coach. It’s not stopping him from going to D3. I personally think Hurley is still getting the job and JC, if these rumors are true, might be more involved with the team then we originally thought just not HC.

I would be very surprised if he was back as HC
His recruiting connections have likely changed. Also, who is coming to play for someone who will only be there a few years?

Then we go through the coaching search all over again? No thanks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom