Calhoun: Can anyone guard that f*ing guy? | The Boneyard

Calhoun: Can anyone guard that f*ing guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maybe it was the small crowd, but for some reason ESPN's mics picked up JC loud and clear throughout most of the game, including this choice tidbit in the second half.

Reaction Score
I remember in the UCF game when we had Ater Majok we were sitting about half way up at the XL center on the opposite side of the bench. When he told Ater to "get the duck out" we heard it pretty clearly.

Reaction Score
Out of my left front speaker all I heard was bomb from Coach. Great to have you back and lets see if we can continue with another magical run

Reaction Score
One time in the 2nd half Boat had the ball and missed a cutter (don't remember who) and you could clearly hear Calhoun yell "hit him motherf*****"

Reaction Score
Sometimes you just have to get down in the dirt with the guys. Great to have the animation on the sidelines.

Reaction Score
They're young men and I rember Calhoun once saying something to the effect, "I can tell a kid to get a rebound or I can say get your to the basket and rip down a f@#kin rebound."

Reaction Score
I have sat behind the bench sometimes and the best is when Jimmy turns to George and starts going OFF with bombs, the game is beyond entertaining if you are close to the bench, his best material is when he turns his back to the court and the cameras cant catch what he is saying. Not for children under 17.......

Reaction Score
One time in the 2nd half Boat had the ball and missed a cutter (don't remember who) and you could clearly hear Calhoun yell "hit him motherf*****"
I caught that too. I think it was Lamb who was wide open on a curl off a screen and Boatright looked in his direction and opted to keep dribbling. I was just starting to think that that's gotta piss Calhoun off and sure enough I heard something about a "motherf***er" come through my speakers.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I caught that too. I think it was Lamb who was wide open on a curl off a screen and Boatright looked in his direction and opted to keep dribbling. I was just starting to think that that's gotta piss Calhoun off and sure enough I heard something about a "motherf***er" come through my speakers.

Yup, heard that one loud and clear as well. Much more refreshing to hear that than see the "Blaney Face"

51892731.jpg

C

Chief00

He is purported to have said you need to say MF to just get a certain player's attention.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Yes, I heard that too. I thought it was a crazy fan and thought that the announcers were going to comment in some way. I didn't know it was coach. LOL. You will definitely never see JC miked on the sidelines. It doesn't help that the accoustics are so good at MSG.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I love the comments from the UCONN players after JC came back, coming as close to throwing Blaney under the bus for his lack of emotion and leadership as you can without saying the words and saying how glad they are to have coach back. Basically echoing what must of us on this board have been saying. Maybe JC is coming back at the perfect time. A way of saying, "Ok, boys, are you done f%$&#g around now and ready to do this?".

Regarding the language, whenever I see a kid being recruited from a private Christian school like Mt. Zion Academy etc (especially from the deep South), I always think, no way he comes here. However, Coach Hurley at St. Anthony's has a colorful vocabulary at a Catholic school and seems to have no trouble getting players. I don't imagine we get many choir boys.

Reaction Score
I think it was the perfect confluence of Calhoun sitting down and his voice being directed towards a live microphone coupled with a quite arena. Although it could be similar to the case of people developing a better sense of smell or hearing after losing their sight. Now that he can't gesticulate as much because of his back pain he can yell even louder.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score

He said "hit him you muthafuka" You can hear it pretty clearly at the 8:50 mark of the second half.

Reaction Score
Reading this, I said to myself "It can't be that clearly audible". so, I went to my other computer, revved up ESPN3 and cracked up.

Reaction Score
Using language like that is just wrong!

Players are still, and always will be, Student-Athletes!

Just because they might be student-athletes doesn't change or alter the fact that they are students first!

You don't use language like that with students!

Peace,

John Fryer

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score

Just because they might be student-athletes doesn't change or alter the fact that they are students first!

Peace,

John Fryer
Yeah. None of my UConn professors ever swore in class. Ever. </sarcasm>

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score

Peace,

John Fryer
not sure if serious...

Reaction Score

Peace,

John Fryer
If you are serious, let's not forget these are adult men, many of them from disadvantaged backgrounds who heard and saw much worse than this.

What works with the UConn women won't work for the UConn men, and vice versa. With regards to this, men and women are just wired differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom