Calhoun / Addazio comparison | The Boneyard

Calhoun / Addazio comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I remember watching the UConn Classic in the Hartford civic Center when a young energetic coach ( calhoun) starting going crazy and was teed up in the first half of that game. Dom Perno, mild mannered as always, stood by and watched as Northeastern went on to beat UConn easily that night. The next year Calhoun is the UConn coach and obviously the rest is history. I really hope I am wrong and we throttle Temple this week, but in the back of my mind i keep coming back to the above Calhoun scenario. Can Addazio be to football , what Calhoun was to hoops. I have no idea, but the situation is weirdly very similar. PP actually reminds me of Perno ( coaching wise), but I think Perno had a better public personality.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I like Addazio, but seriously, WTF is this thread?

Reaction Score
I remember watching the UConn Classic in the Hartford civic Center when a young energetic coach ( calhoun) starting going crazy and was teed up in the first half of that game. Dom Perno, mild mannered as always, stood by and watched as Northeastern went on to beat UConn easily that night. The next year Calhoun is the UConn coach and obviously the rest is history. I really hope I am wrong and we throttle Temple this week, but in the back of my mind i keep coming back to the above Calhoun scenario. Can Addazio be to football , what Calhoun was to hoops. I have no idea, but the situation is weirdly very similar. PP actually reminds me of Perno ( coaching wise), but I think Perno had a better public personality.
i like the idea of having some sort of a Calhoun as our football coach....but you're gonna get reamed for posting this. I know from experience. Making any kind of comparison to Jim Calhoun is not accepted here. lol. dont know exactly why, maybe because he was a 1 in a million.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
i like the idea of having some sort of a Calhoun as our football coach....but you're gonna get reamed for posting this. I know from experience. Making any kind of comparison to Jim Calhoun is not accepted here. lol. dont know exactly why, maybe because he was a 1 in a million.

I also would like to find a low major coach that will come to UConn and become one of the top coaches of all time. That is a great plan.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I also would like to find a low major coach that will come to UConn and become one of the top coaches of all time. That is a great plan.
It's certainly a better idea than throwing out names of expensive and/or baggage-laden coaches that people see on SportsCenter. Petrino! Leach! Tressel! Golden! Mangini! It's like the lamp scene from Anchorman.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

Man, why didn't anyone else think of hiring the greatest football coach of his generation?

Second, why don't we recruit players like Tom Brady, Jerry Rice and Dion Sanders? I really think we should.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I still am amused by people who think Steve Addazio is a good football coach. He might be able to win at this level, but was wildly awful at the highest level.

Reaction Score
Calhoun had won pretty big at mid major Northeastern. Addazio has yet to do this at Temple. He may eventually, but, unlike Calhoun, Addazio is unproven as a successful HC to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom