Caitlin Clark’s Bad Beat | The Boneyard

Caitlin Clark’s Bad Beat

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Millions of Americans placed bets on last night’s game with online gambling sites like Fanduel & MGM. Iowa was a -2.5 point favorite. It has been reported that approximately 80% of all bets were placed on Iowa to win.

Caitlin Clark is one of the best foul shooters in the nation. When she was fouled with 3+ seconds left in the game, UConn was up by 1 point. She calmly hit her first FT, but clanked her second shot hard off the back rim.

The ball rebounded high and was controlled by an Iowa player who was immediately tied up by UConn. Iowa owned the possession arrow, and was able to run out the clock for the victory.

That 2-pt victory cost Iowa fans millions of $$$ in one of the baddest gambling beats I’ve ever seen. While UConn fans can’t be very happy about the outcome of the game, at least the 20% who bet on the Huskies had their faith rewarded. ;)

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
The horrible call, a hero call, a call universally mocked, created an opportunity to cover that didn't otherwise exist

UConn not covering would have been a worse bad beat in that spot

Reaction Score
Millions of Americans placed bets on last night’s game with online gambling sites like Fanduel & MGM. Iowa was a -2.5 point favorite. It has been reported that approximately 80% of all bets were placed on Iowa to win.

Caitlin Clark is one of the best foul shooters in the nation. When she was fouled with 3+ seconds left in the game, UConn was up by 1 point. She calmly hit her first FT, but clanked her second shot hard off the back rim.

The ball rebounded high and was controlled by an Iowa player who was immediately tied up by UConn. Iowa owned the possession arrow, and was able to run out the clock for the victory.

That 2-pt victory cost Iowa fans millions of $$$ in one of the baddest gambling beats I’ve ever seen. While UConn fans can’t be very happy about the outcome of the game, at least the 20% who bet on the Huskies had their faith rewarded. ;)
It looked like a deliberate miss to me. In the waning seconds of a close game it is not unusual for teams to deliberately miss a foul shot to run the clock down during the ensuing rebound.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The horrible call, a hero call, a call universally mocked, created an opportunity to cover that didn't otherwise exist

UConn not covering would have been a worse bad beat in that spot
Point taken. You still have to be impressed how good the back room boys in Vegas are when setting the line in big games.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It looked like a deliberate miss to me. In the waning seconds of a close game it is not unusual for teams to deliberately miss a foul shot to run the clock down during the ensuing rebound.
Yea, but I don’t think so. With 3.9 seconds left, if UConn gets the rebound and calls timeout, they get the ball at half court with an opportunity to win the game. If Clark makes that FT, UConn calls timeout, gets the ball at half court with an opportunity to tie the game.

Unless Clark had BIG money on UConn to cover the spread, I really think she wanted to make that last FT…..;)

Reaction Score
Yea, but I don’t think so. With 3.9 seconds left, if UConn gets the rebound and calls timeout, they get the ball at half court with an opportunity to win the game. If Clark makes that FT, UConn calls timeout, gets the ball at half court with an opportunity to tie the game.

Unless Clark had BIG money on UConn to cover the spread, I really think she wanted to make that last FT…..;)
You may be correct, but I have never seen CC throw up a flange ball with such force.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
You may be correct, but I have never seen CC throw up a flange ball with such force.
Even the greatest occasionally throw up a brick….

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom