C Zach Brown | Page 27 | The Boneyard

C Zach Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Would be a great thing, but in a way, I hope he doesn't. Here's why. If he commits, theoretically we would stop recruiting other centers. However, other schools will continue to recruit Brown. That's what happens. So, should he waver, which is always a po$$ibility (if certain schools get involved), we are then left searching for another center when we've stopped recruiting them. Is that a crazy thought?
Holy hell people say a lot of crazy cr~p around here and this is right up there.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Would be a great thing, but in a way, I hope he doesn't. Here's why. If he commits, theoretically we would stop recruiting other centers. However, other schools will continue to recruit Brown. That's what happens. So, should he waver, which is always a po$$ibility (if certain schools get involved), we are then left searching for another center when we've stopped recruiting them. Is that a crazy thought?

Cure:

1) Find rain barrel.

2) Climb in.

3) Close lid.

4) When the bubbles stop, so will your problems.

Reaction Score
In no way was I insinuating that I don't want him. Just think he's a guy who will be recruited very hard after he's committed and his guardian has seemed pretty set on him not committing early b/c he's waiting for other offer$. It makes sense in my head.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score

Yes. Stop.

Reaction Score
In no way was I insinuating that I don't want him. Just think he's a guy who will be recruited very hard after he's committed and his guardian has seemed pretty set on him not committing early b/c he's waiting for other offer$. It makes sense in my head.
Get your head checked, you sound like a crazy person and the $ symbol regarding Zach's guardian who he considers his dad is out of line and in no way based in reality. Grow up.

caw

Reaction Score

I was under the impression his guardian was wealthy.

Reaction Score

Schools recruiting committed kids is way more of a football thing than a basketball thing. And a guy who's midway through his junior year isn't really an early commit, IMO.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Any inside info on Zach?
When he gets to campus, he's gonna have a nice hot bowl of Bacon Jalapeño Mac and cheese waiting for him. He will then take a trip over to the dairy bar, where the taste of delicious husky tracks will seal the deal. The basketball stuff I'm being told is just gravy.

Reaction Score
Schools recruiting committed kids is way more of a football thing than a basketball thing. And a guy who's midway through his junior year isn't really an early commit, IMO.

You really think that first part is true? Just last year we had two kids decommit. You think Georgia and UCLA stopped recruiting Jackson and Ali? My original post, in retrospect, was a bit dumb. But any "early" verbal; no matter how early, is tenuous until that dotted line is signed or, as is the new trend, the kid arrives a la Hamilton.

And looking back through this thread, Fishy kind of made of validated my original thought...

A commitment is a nice headline, but we're so far out from the signing period on a junior that it's not a bad thing if it takes a while longer.

Reaction Score
You really think that first part is true? Just last year we had two kids decommit. You think Georgia and UCLA stopped recruiting Jackson and Ali? My original post, in retrospect, was a bit dumb. But any "early" verbal; no matter how early, is tenuous until that dotted line is signed or, as is the new trend, the kid arrives a la Hamilton.

And looking back through this thread, Fishy kind of made of validated my original thought...

No, your original post was not, "in retrospect, ... a bit dumb." Your original post, at the moment you made it, was incredibly stupid. Just stop. The fact that getting a verbal from a kid doesn't mean the recruitment is over does not make not wanting the verbal a sane strategy.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Yeah, and I hate to add to the insanity here (no I don't), but I've also heard that Brown may be trying to come here earlier than 2017.

What is his credit situation? Could he definitely finish early? Or is this pipedream stuff. I know this is heresy, but if I had my choice, I'd prefer 2017. That class next year is so huge, we desperately need to spacing to balance out numbers between classes. I really don't want one of those 1 man classes. I'll take him either way obviously.

Although, we've got a shot at a big run next year, so it would be good to have an extra piece.

Reaction Score
What is his credit situation? Could he definitely finish early? Or is this pipedream stuff. I know this is heresy, but if I had my choice, I'd prefer 2017. That class next year is so huge, we desperately need to spacing to balance out numbers between classes. I really don't want one of those 1 man classes. I'll take him either way obviously.
He'd be great next year, IMO, since it would give Durham a chance to acclimate and maybe redshirt.

Enoch, Facey, Brimah, Larrier, and Brown manning the post would be pretty freaking awesome.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
He'd be great next year, IMO, since it would give Durham a chance to acclimate and maybe redshirt.

Enoch, Facey, Brimah, Larrier, and Brown manning the post would be pretty freaking awesome.

True, I keep forgetting about Durham's knees. Can I commit heresy for the second time and hope that, if we did get Brown, Durham red shirts? I mean, I'm not privy to his exact medical situation, so this is just speculation, but I'm thinking: he's had 2 knee injuries, a freshman, fighting for time...he'd be best served to rehab as much as possible before coming back. Especially as a bigger guy. While guys return from ACLs earlier these days, they usually aren't as effective their first year back. His minutes might not be huge anyway. Save a year. jmo

Reaction Score

Although, we've got a shot at a big run next year, so it would be good to have an extra piece.

I'm hearing some very peculiar things about Brown's academic situation, in particular that he may be leaving his current school for one we're more familiar with. I hesitate to get too specific since the sharks on here love to pounce if I even so much as suggest that something is possible and it doesn't happen, and the story I'm hearing seems too weird to make sense, but I suspect we'll find out soon if it's the case.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I'm hearing some very peculiar things about Brown's academic situation, in particular that he may be leaving his current school for one we're more familiar with. I hesitate to get too specific since the sharks on here love to pounce if I even so much as suggest that something is possible and it doesn't happen, and the story I'm hearing seems too weird to make sense, but I suspect we'll find out soon if it's the case.

Funny how speculation based on at least some insider talk is frowned upon, but speculation based on some posters inane self talk is some times accepted. Boneyard.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
If he hasn't transferred by tomorrow you're on notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits