BYU | The Boneyard

BYU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I see BYU play every year and UCONN fans and coaches should know what your up against for your game against them.

BYU is one dirty football team and injuries can happen. Last year, Utah State's QB went down with an injury while playing BYU that was so bad he had to sit out the whole season after. BYU only won the game because it played against the back up QB. Your coaches should be ready.

This is the type of plays you have to been on the look out for. This was when BYU played Washington last year.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-YMZIfOe1Q...nLms/s400/KeithPriceHeadshotBronsonKaufusiFHB...

You have to be on the watch out for BYU fans when they come to see the game. They hate state schools so much that they left the Mountain West Conference to go into the WCC for religious schools only. They treat the state schools and fans of the state schools in Utah like pond scum and accuse state school students and fans of all sorts of things like living in trailers, pumping gas for a living, and drinking beer and coffee and stuff.

Here's an example of how BYU fans act.

Good luck in your game against them. Be careful.

Last edited:

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
So tell us how you really feel. Did 90 receive any punishment for the head shot - it's pretty obviously intentional.

Reaction Score
I don't think the dirty player got the punishment he should have. It was a bowl game against Washington so it was the last game of the season so he couldn't get suspended in the next game. BYU still got their butt kicked playing against Washington even with all the dirty play.

Reaction Score
The OP obviously has a little hatred for the Cougars but since Diaco has coached against them (and won) the last couple years I think he knows what to expect.

Reaction Score
It's good to be ready and to adjust accordingly. BYU is a unique culture in the CFB landscape and it could foster an us against the world mentality. Given our circumstances a similar approach might be appropriate but I think preparation ahead of time will get you further than dirty play.

Reaction Score
It's good to be ready and to adjust accordingly. BYU is a unique culture in the CFB landscape and it could foster an us against the world mentality. Given our circumstances a similar approach might be appropriate but I think preparation ahead of time will get you further than dirty play.
Sorry about Aggie. He shows up on every BYU opponent message board. He must have some personal ax to grind. We play hardnosed football. Its a contact sport. I've seen dirty plays from and to BYU. There is lots of bias particularly from the west that have been dominated by BYU, then you have anti-lds that is really cloaked as anti-byu. I guess everyone is entitled to their opinions. Here's hoping for a good, hardfought, injury-free game.

Reaction Score
Oh come on now, that's a little love tap on the forehead. Penalty - yes. Should have been called. But a little love tap nonetheless.

Some boneyarder please post a video of Greg Lloyd and Armando Allen please. That's a UCONN style hit - and not a penalty.

Reaction Score
If they start throwing golden plates then you will have my attention.

Edit: Almost forgot, if it's crappy beer and coffee, I stand with BYU fans.

Reaction Score
UCONN will win the game. I know BYU. BYU's is only good when they play against teams like Middle Tennessee, Idaho State, and WAC teams. They're overrated as a team and a program. The only way BYU beats a team with any talent is when a key player is injured and goes out of the game. UCONN should have the talent to outskill them.

Every year, they play a team like UCONN and all the BYU fans make fun of them and how BYU is going to blow them out. Then BYU goes in and loses. Virginia, one of the worst college football teams, beat BYU on opening day just last year. Then the BYU fans make up excuses like because it rained a little when they played Virginia.

Especially if the UCONN players see this video there's no way they will be able to lose to BYU.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
UCONN will win the game. I know BYU. BYU's is only good when they play against teams like Middle Tennessee, Idaho State, and WAC teams. They're overrated as a team and a program. The only way BYU beats a team with any talent is when a key player is injured and goes out of the game. UCONN should have the talent to outskill them.

Every year, they play a team like UCONN and all the BYU fans make fun of them and how BYU is going to blow them out. Then BYU goes in and loses. Virginia, one of the worst college football teams, beat BYU on opening day just last year. Then the BYU fans make up excuses like because it rained a little when they played Virginia.

Especially if the UCONN players see this video there's no way they will be able to lose to BYU.

I say UConn plays this dance video (the Call me Maybe part) during halftime of this game... There's no way we lose.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
They treat the state schools and fans of the state schools in Utah like pond scum and accuse state school students and fans of all sorts of things like living in trailers, pumping gas for a living, and drinking beer and coffee and stuff.

I hate when people accuse me of drinking coffee and beer

Reaction Score
I should apologize to UCONN fans for Andie cluttering up your board, but I have to admit I'm glad to see him here. It warms my heart to see his BYU obsession displayed across every BYU opponent fan board on the internet. He truly is a special soul.

As for his claims, I can tell you this. BYU under Bronco Mendenhall thrives on playing very physical football within the rules of the game. No one wants to see anyone injured providing what, in the end, is entertainment to most of us. Well, except Andie. If he were honest, he would say that he hopes BYU seriously maims several UCONN players only so he can post about it on other boards. The rest of us, BYU players included, hope for a physical, injury-free game.

Reaction Score
And just so you know, this is the "dirty" play that ruined the season for Utah State's quarterback. I'm sure you'll agree that there's just no place for this kind of violence in football.

Reaction Score
AggieAndee is the gift that keeps on giving fot BYU fans. Rarely do we play a team that he doesn't feel it necessary to visit their board. His initial posts must be copied because I've almost memorized them. Just to give you a tip why he's so obsessed, in the past 30 games between BYU and his usu aggies the record is 26-4. Nothing else he has to say about why he's here means anything, just that record. His team is the red headed step child in the state of Utah so he squaks to feel relevant.
The video of their qb's injury shows what andee thinks is dirty play. What an idiot!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
that video is friggin funny!

I agree, it looks like they are having a good time! BYU looks like a team that feels comfortable with one an other and plays well together. There is a lot of stress playing college ball and they look like they are letting go and having fun. Almost seems like something Diaco would dream up! The game is played in 4 quarters on the field. Team chemistry is important. BYU looks like they have some good comradary!

Reaction Score
My friend who want to BCU (I try not to hold it against him) tells me tales of throwing coffee grinds at BYU fans and chanting "alcohol! alcohol!" Can we please not do that?

Reaction Score
My friend who want to BCU (I try not to hold it against him) tells me tales of throwing coffee grinds at BYU fans and chanting "alcohol! alcohol!" Can we please not do that?
That would be some of the milder stuff we get. Some teams have great fans, some don't but its not fair to judge the majority of decent fans by the actions of the minority that are idiots, that includes our fans as well as who we play. Notre Dame has about the classiest fans and I hate to say but the University of Utah has some of the worst I've experienced.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Their religion was formed when a runaway man found a gold book under a tree in upstate New York. The extent people go to get out of Syracuse country...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well Utah State has a fan. Good to know.

Maybe once you guys are done with this nonsense you can check in on the CR board with an 18 team conference prognostication.

Reaction Score
An unfortunate injury on a 100% clean hit.

Utah St has the I believe chant, that's cool. Running around boards badmouthing another team is just petty, childish, and reflects more negatively on your own school than BYU.

Reaction Score
Sorry about AggieAndee. Andee is a well known troll and doesn't like BYU.

Utah State and Utah fans too hate BYU because we beat them at everything and have dominated them at football for years. Its sour grapes.

I'm looking forward to a great game with BYU and UCONN. BYU fans are taking UCONN seriously since its on the road. BYU fans expect to win all its games when it's against non Power 5 schools is all. But UCONN should put up a great game and it will be a good opener for both schools.

Thanks for not taking Andie's bait.

Last edited:

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
That would be some of the milder stuff we get. Some teams have great fans, some don't but its not fair to judge the majority of decent fans by the actions of the minority that are idiots, that includes our fans as well as who we play. Notre Dame has about the classiest fans and I hate to say but the University of Utah has some of the worst I've experienced.

Agree about Notre Dame fans. After our game there, a student THANKED us for beating them so that they could fire Charlie Weis. Then he offered to walk us back to the visitor's parking lots since he knew we were lost. Really nice kid. Even after this happened...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom