BYU fan here | The Boneyard

BYU fan here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
hey hey hey, Uconn fans. Real excited to be playing you guys on Friday. It's going to be a hell of a game. Really impressed with what Diaco could do last year. And Cochran looks to be a player. I haven't seem him play, but his numbers look impressive for a young QB and I too am a fan of Boba Fett. Here's to hoping he breaks some records for UConn football over the next few years.

I saw that you were talking about that ex-BYU player predicting a 28 point victory. That's not how most BYU fans I know feel about UConn. We know it's going to be a rowdy environment (I saw what RG3 said about Rentschler and was impressed -- that's really saying something) and will likely be a very good game.

I'm going 24-21 for BYU because Jimmer is going I heard.

p.s. we like to have a little fun with opposing players on twitter. nothing too serious or mean. check us out @BoneyFuller

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
hey hey hey, Uconn fans. Real excited to be playing you guys on Friday. It's going to be a hell of a game. Really impressed with what Diaco could do last year. And Cochran looks to be a player. I haven't seem him play, but his numbers look impressive for a young QB and I too am a fan of Boba Fett. Here's to hoping he breaks some records for UConn football over the next few years.

I saw that you were talking about that ex-BYU player predicting a 28 point victory. That's not how most BYU fans I know feel about UConn. We know it's going to be a rowdy environment (I saw what RG3 said about Rentschler and was impressed -- that's really saying something) and will likely be a very good game.

p.s. we like to have a little fun with opposing players on twitter. nothing too serious or mean. check us out @BoneyFuller

What - you think Jimmer is going to hit a 3 at the buzzer??

:)

Reaction Score

BYU 37 UCON 10
No need to suck up to anyone here. We all know this isn't a 3 point game. No harm in being honest on a message board.

Reaction Score
Ogden Cougar said:
BYU 37 UCON 10 No need to suck up to anyone here. We all know this isn't a 3 point game. No harm in being honest on a message board.
Care to wager? I'm a realist. I think BYU wins. But I think you will have a different view of our program afterwards. It will be much closer than that.

Reaction Score
Care to wager? I'm a realist. I think BYU wins. But I think you will have a different view of our program afterwards. It will be much closer than that.
I'm not trying to be unfriendly or a poor guest on your board, I just don't believe in being politically correct. If I was a betting man I would be happy to place a wager but I'm not. If this was a basketball game I would have a completely different attitude.

Reaction Score
BYU 37 UCON 10
No need to suck up to anyone here. We all know this isn't a 3 point game. No harm in being honest on a message board.
Suck up? What about routinely getting our ass handed to us on the east coast (A LOSS TO UVA?!?!) says we will destroy them?

Reaction Score
Do it, c'mon. One little bet won't kill you, doesn't make you a betting man. Don't you believe in your own words?

This is exactly like a conversation I had once with a roommate in college (well, if you replace "bet" with "kiss," "betting" with "gay" and "words" with "heterosexuality"). I'm happy to say Mark and I are now happily married. What I'm trying to say is that it worked out for me in the end, Ogden Cougar.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Should be a fun game for all. I predict UConn will take a quarter or so to get their sea legs, BYU will grab an early lead but by halftime both teams and fans will realize this isn't going to be a blowout. At the beginning of the fourth quarter everyone participating and viewing will be completely dialed in with a laser like focus and if BYU does in fact pull out a win they'll be breathing a huge sigh of relief, not yawning their way back to the airport. But I think UConn is going to win and my prediction is 27-24....UConn wins it on a late Bobby Puyol field goal.

Reaction Score
Ogden Cougar said:
I'm not trying to be unfriendly or a poor guest on your board, I just don't believe in being politically correct. If I was a betting man I would be happy to place a wager but I'm not. If this was a basketball game I would have a completely different attitude.

You aren't being a poor guest. That's your opinion. Unlike BYU Dad who has chosen to be a complete .

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
UCONN will cover the +17. As for the game itself, I can see BYU pulling it out late.

Reaction Score

*FART SOUND* Ogden sucks and so do your opinions. A 27 point win? I remember when I thought we'd beat UVA by 21. Ha. Those were the days....

Reaction Score
You aren't being a poor guest. That's your opinion. Unlike BYU Dad who has chosen to be a complete .
I don't think I've read any of BYU Dad's posts. My personal opinion is that there is nothing worse than going on a sports message board and everyone is tripping over themselves to see who can be the sweetest, most polite person. I don't take offense if people trash on BYU. That's part of being a sports fan. I'm always going to say things the way I see them and hopefully nobody takes offense.

Reaction Score
*FART SOUND* Ogden sucks and so do your opinions. A 27 point win? I remember when I thought we'd beat UVA by 21. Ha. Those were the days....
What's wrong with Ogden? I'm not in the inner city or anything. The surrounding areas are very nice. Also, see my post above.

Reaction Score
I don't think I've read any of BYU Dad's posts. My personal opinion is that there is nothing worse than going on a sports message board and everyone is tripping over themselves to see who can be the sweetest, most polite person. I don't take offense if people trash on BYU. That's part of being a sports fan. I'm always going to say things the way I see them and hopefully nobody takes offense.

LOL. I'm not being disingenuous. Look at the facts. BYU sucks on the East Coast. Cochran can play. Can Taysom Hill even throw? And their defense is pretty good. Sold out, rowdy stadium. Will be a good game IMO.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

I can respect this. Welcome aboard. Are you coming out to CT for the game? If so, safe travels and enjoy your stay.

Reaction Score
I can respect this. Welcome aboard. Are you coming out to CT for the game? If so, safe travels and enjoy your stay.
Thanks. No I can't make it out. too expensive a trip. I'll have to watch it on TV. I can't wait. Not just for this game but for a whole glorious weekend of college football.

Reaction Score
Ogden Cougar said:

Plenty of times I'm not nice. But you cannot unsay things. So I try to not be a complete jackass because it is unnecessary.

If you cannot get your point across in an argument without trolling in the gutter it says a lot about who you are.

Reaction Score
I'm just like Ogden Cougar. I'm here to state how I see things and there's nothing wrong with that. The UCONN fans here have no problem posting all sorts of questionable stuff about BYU so nobody can complain about us.

I also see that UCONN fans have some jealousy of the Jimmer era at BYU. There was nothing like Jimmer-mania in college basketball and nothing will come close to the splash Jimmer made on the national scene. Jimmer-mania will be a 30 for 30 someday.

Reaction Score
BYU Dad said:
I'm just like Ogden Cougar. I'm here to state how I see things and there's nothing wrong with that. The UCONN fans here have no problem posting all sorts of questionable stuff about BYU so nobody can complain about us. I also see that UCONN fans have some jealousy of the Jimmer era at BYU. There was nothing like Jimmer-mania in college basketball and nothing will come close to the splash Jimmer made on the national scene. Jimmer-mania will be a 30 for 30 someday.

So there will be 20k BYU fans there on Friday night? Even though there are 23k season ticket holders at UCONN?

We talk about Jimmer because he is an anecdote. I rooted for him. But championships chase us. The Jimmers are just something fun to watch while we are retooling.

Reaction Score
There was nothing like Jimmer-mania in college basketball and nothing will come close to the splash Jimmer made on the national scene. Jimmer-mania will be a 30 for 30 someday.

LMAO

Congrats on your expected 30 for 30.

We'll have to settle for 4 national championships and too many NBA players to keep track.

Reaction Score
BYU Dad said:
I'm just like Ogden Cougar. I'm here to state how I see things and there's nothing wrong with that. The UCONN fans here have no problem posting all sorts of questionable stuff about BYU so nobody can complain about us. I also see that UCONN fans have some jealousy of the Jimmer era at BYU. There was nothing like Jimmer-mania in college basketball and nothing will come close to the splash Jimmer made on the national scene. Jimmer-mania will be a 30 for 30 someday.

Jealous? We had the best player in the country in Kemba Walker. Kemba won the 2011 Big East Tournament and the National Championship while Jimmer watched on tv.

Jimmer was a great player, but he was no Kemba Walker. You don't see jealousy here, you see sarcasm.

Reaction Score
The issue is that nobody can hang with Taysom Hill. He will probably be a first rounder next year in the NFL, so with him it will probably be a blowout. 28 points isn't that far fetched IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom