Byron Jones broad jump combine record | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Byron Jones broad jump combine record

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Byron certainly played better than Tim Boyle, and he's going to play on Sundays. Taking shots at him comes off as really stupid.

Reaction Score
IG PolaroidPapiin 4 days
Combine Donest Make You A BEAST... In between the Lines do, this just some slave s&*t... Next time theres a jumpingg contest or bench press off in the season ill pay attention

Eric in 4 days
but can this n&*$a cover or shutdown a WR, I don't give a f*^k bout the other , this aint basketball and if he cant cover b. marshall, megatron, odell beckham, aj green or dez Bryant who needs him.

This was posted by people with some sense who commented on Byron Jones combine numbers. Okay, yes he broke a combine record, but why point out that he was a 2 star? Did he shut down big time WR's? or even small time WR's? did he break interception records? If he would have broke records on the football field then I would have been more impressed. I'm not to big on individual numbers if it's not helping the team win on the field.

There's some stunning ignorance in this post. Where to begin?

Let's see, comparing the combine to slavery. That tells me the author is sensible and obviously has solid perspective on the NFL as it relates to hundreds of years of oppression.

Then there's the guy asking if he can do what maybe 3 or 4 other people in the world can do, and successfully cover 5 of the best receivers on the planet. If that's the threshold for playing cornerback in the NFL, then you can count how many guys are qualified for the position on one or two hands.

Then there's the guy who says he would be "more impressed" if Jones "would have broke records on the football field" or set "interception records" only to immediate follow that up with "I'm not to [sic] big on individual numbers if it's not helping the team win on the field".

Because obviously interceptions don't help the team win on the field.

Congratulations sir, there have been some incredibly moronic posts in the past few days. This one deserves an award. Blaming a cornerback, who spent half the year on the sideline with an injury, for the team's record is the highlight of the week here.

Last edited:

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
What has he done on the field?? that's what matter's. we almost lost to STONY BROOK for god sake with guess who Byron a 2 star player as the CB.

UCONN has sucked the past four years because of Byron Jones, a 2 star player at CB?
UCONN almost lost to Stony Brook because of Byron Jones, a 2 star player at CB?

You're full of .

There are people on this board who don't like the state of the program's recruiting. At least they watch the games and have the football knowledge to pinpoint which individual players are assets and which ones aren't.

Reaction Score
I'm constantly humored by the guy who argues we should have more players rated above 2 stars - and posts our 3 star QB pic above his name. I'll take Byron and his 2 stars 10 outta 10 times

Reaction Score
Some serious hating by uconn family here. Dwayne Diffton was a nice four star get. He always looked like such a better player than all 5 he two star DBs we've out in the nfl.

The coaching has left many wins out on the field the last four years. Especially the first two P years and particular year 2 of P. Those teams should have been bowling. Could the talent be better? Yes. Could the coaching be better? Yes. It's not that complicated and unless you weren't watching the games Byron Jones played damn well in games.

Reaction Score
If you're not impressed with Jones on the field? Only makes you a football know nothing. Kid could play. Not sure what your angle is here but it's pretty douchey.

Obvious troll is obvious, as they say.

Reaction Score
Some UConn fans is just delusional and know s^*t. I'm a sad man... Lol cause im not impressed with Byron on the field play? You can have facts in your face and still deny the truth. Some of you guys must be the type that bow to they wife like softees.

Troll much?

Reaction Score
UCONN has sucked the past four years because of Byron Jones, a 2 star player at CB?
UCONN almost lost to Stony Brook because of Byron Jones, a 2 star player at CB?

You're full of .

There are people on this board who don't like the state of the program's recruiting. At least they watch the games and have the football knowledge to pinpoint which individual players are assets and which ones aren't.

Adams is a very good player in the secondary, Jones so so. It is what it is. Jones has impressed me with his combine numbers, but he didn't impressed me on the field.

I guess my anger was going towards the poster who sarcastically posted that Jones was a 2 star after his combine record as if he was a beast on the field. Jerry Rice wasn't impressive at the combine but he broke records on the field and that's what I'm more impressed with. On the field performances.

Reaction Score
He had 1 good season out of 4 and you guys are impressed? Wtf? He broke a combine broad jump record and you guys think he's f*#king Darrelle Revis.

Reaction Score
Just because players play for UConn doesn't mean we have to praise them. I love UConn but if a player/players aren't performing on the field im going to call it how I see it. Some of you guys are just delusional.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Just because players play for UConn doesn't mean we have to praise them. I love UConn but if a player/players aren't performing on the field im going to call it how I see it. Some of you guys are just delusional.

If you read the board this past season, half of the squad got ripped apart. Melifonwu, Stewart, Whitmer, Foxx, Boyle, Puyol, the OL as a whole, and the young CBs that filled in for Jones were all discussed in negative lights at various points in time.

I don't once recall Jones being mentioned in the same vein as any of them. In fact, once Hadley and Summers were in Jones's spot, I seem to recall a gigantic uptick in complaints about CB play, blown coverage, and idiotic penalties.

95% of the posters here were fully aware of many individual players playing poorly last season and had no qualms with calling them out.

Reaction Score
If you read the board this past season, half of the squad got ripped apart. Melifonwu, Stewart, Whitmer, Foxx, Boyle, Puyol, the OL as a whole, and the young CBs that filled in for Jones were all discussed in negative lights at various points in time.

I don't once recall Jones being mentioned in the same vein as any of them. In fact, once Hadley and Summers were in Jones's spot, I seem to recall a gigantic uptick in complaints about CB play, blown coverage, and idiotic penalties.

95% of the posters here were fully aware of many individual players playing poorly last season and had no qualms with calling them out.

Not all liked that we called those players out. Jones had 1 good season out of 4 to me that doesn't scream a good/great player. But hey to each is own. If some want to claim he out performed his stars on the field to feel better then go ahead.

Reaction Score
I hope the NFL scouts read this board because some team is going to make a huge mistake and draft Jones on day 1.

Scout probably gets fired. Sucks to be him.

After 15 years of scouting college players he's going to be unemployed just because he didn't read this thread.
:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Not all liked that we called those players out. Jones had 1 good season out of 4 to me that doesn't scream a good/great player. But hey to each is own. If some want to claim he out performed his stars on the field to feel better then go ahead.

I won't call you any names, but you know nothing about football.

And if you are who I think you are? There are no words to describe the level of inappropriateness of your posts.

Reaction Score
Jones played out of position first two years, then moved to a new position for last two years. You really have no clue what you're talking about and no, I'm not mad bro. So run along to study hall

Reaction Score
Actually ...

Darrelle Revis played us while at Pitt for 4 years. We saw him play. A GREAT CB really does not get a ton of credit at this level. He shuts down the opposition. But, he wasn't the notable BIGTIME guy for Pitt those years. His reputation grew & grew as a Pro.

I think that was what you'd find with Byron Jones (to some extent). He looked comparable to Blidi Wreh-Wilson (a solid Pro prospect) as a plug; plus there was Dwayne Gratz. He can definitely play Safety. And, he didn't do eye-popping Stats in Interceptions or Tackles as he was just avoided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom