Butler prediction - drumrolls (multiple - one for each bold predictor) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Butler prediction - drumrolls (multiple - one for each bold predictor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
IMHO I think she is going to UVA.
1. It is closer to her parents
2. She is a guaranteed starter there
3. UVA has a better academic reputation
4. She will be the best player on the team there
Didn't she have all that at Georgetown? ... and academically UCONN is on the fastest riser in the country

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
OK, if you insist, here is my prediction; (drum roll, professor); I predict that regardless of what Natalie decides to do, UConn will win several NCs over the next few years, and that Va. will continue to be a "quality program" that wins a few games now and then that nobody notices. Actually, come to think of it, that is two predictions; no extra charge.

Let me add just a bit to my prediction. If she chooses UConn, I further predict that she will find herself surrounded by the finest and most skillful group of guards and forwards by far, of any wcbb program in the country; will develop her skills beyond anything she now btlieves possible; will in all probability go to three final fours (four, counting her redshirt year); win herself three NC rings; be on TV for her parents to watch in the comfort of their own home and for scouts from the WNBA and the foreign leagues to get acquainted with; quite possibly, if she works hard, make some level of All-America. If she chooses UVA, I can predict with absolute certainty that none of this will happen, but she will not have to work as hard.

Reaction Score
She already went to a good academic school close to home, that isn't relevant in WCBB , and didn't like it. Why would your next choice of schools be the same thing?

Reaction Score
Didn't she have all that at Georgetown? ... and academically UCONN is on the fastest riser in the country
Yes , but she also had coaching instability at Georgetown as well and in my opinion thats what led to her leaving. I don't care how fast a riser UConn is academically it is not going to catch UVA in the 4 remaining years that Butler has left in college.

Reaction Score
I believe that the harder you 'hit it', the farther it should go !

Reaction Score
Yes , but she also had coaching instability at Georgetown as well and in my opinion thats what led to her leaving. I don't care how fast a riser UConn is academically it is not going to catch UVA in the 4 remaining years that Butler has left in college.

SAWX; very difficult, except when considering the extremes at either end, to say one college is better than another. Neither of these two is toward the extremes overall.

Reaction Score
ARTI - you lost me on that one. Maybe you were talking about the cymbal hitting my toe?

I was thinking about the Butler decision this morning, and about how wonderful a region New England is.....and how Storrs is situated just between Boston and New York. She might want to broader her horizons when picking her next college.

Reaction Score
SAWX; very difficult, except when considering the extremes at either end, to say one college is better than another. Neither of these two is toward the extremes overall.
UVA is rated the #2 Public School by U.S. News and World Report Rankings. That is pretty extreme isn't it?

Reaction Score
Natalie Butler will commit to Uconn tomorrow or in the near future because:
1) If academics were really, really the driving force I don't believe she would have left Georgetown
2) It's widely known the she and her father highly value the basketball component of the college experience
3)The last two years she has witnessed what the Uconn women's BB program is all about
4)Last week she took the time to visit UC and meet/hangout with players coaches
5)It's just the right thing to do!!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
UVA is rated the #2 Public School by U.S. News and World Report Rankings. That is pretty extreme isn't it?
And UConn is the #1 public school in New England. I think the overall rankings, not the public school rankings, are more relevant. But Natalie will choose based on a multiplicity of factors.

Reaction Score

sawx: gotta go with ya on that one. Surprising. And impressive. That said, I don't think going there will have a whit more impact on her future than attending UCONN.....probably less, would be my guess.....

Reaction Score
Natalie Butler will commit to Uconn tomorrow or in the near future because:
1) If academics were really, really the driving force I don't believe she would have left Georgetown
2) It's widely known the she and her father highly value the basketball component of the college experience
3)The last two years she has witnessed what the Uconn women's BB program is all about
4)Last week she took the time to visit UC and meet/hangout with players coaches
5)It's just the right thing to do!!!

HUSK: nothing but smiles on your #5. If you're a mom, Happy Mothers Day.....if you aren't , and you are fortunate enough to have one, wish here HMD for me. SAWX: same to you re the mother part.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
And UConn is the #1 public school in New England. I think the overall rankings, not the public school rankings, are more relevant. But Natalie will choose based on a multiplicity of factors.

milford...anyone who can weave the word "multiplicity" into a BY thread is the winner in my book....;) Happy Mom's Day to all you mothers out there...
Go Huskies..!!

Reaction Score
We as fans can state the reasons why Natalie should go to UCONN, but in the end all that matters is her reasons for picking one institution over another. If she picks UCONN I wish her the best of luck, if not I still wish her the best of luck.

Reaction Score
ODDS AT THE CLUBHOUSE TURN: looks like about 11-2 UCONN.....some 80% at this point. I'm surprised at that margin.

Another interesting observation that might bode very well for us: HuskyPHAN:cool: has predicted Huskies. Whereas, HuskyNUT:confused: has gone with the Cavaliers. Playing a bit of "what's in a name," I gotta go with a PHAN in a sports situation of this sort. ;)
Could be the clincher??:)

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
As is always the case, those who know aren't talking and those who are talking don't know.

If academics and geography are most important, it's likely UVa. If the opportunity to win championships and be developed as a player are most important, we will welcome her.

And if none of these factors is important, she may just take up volleyball locally.

JS

Reaction Score
No. Not unless you think there's some magic in "public" school for a player making a college choice.

No magic in U.S. News either, but going with that, out of approximately 275 "national universities" (public and private) UVA is ranked #23 and UConn #57. Not an extreme difference, and getting smaller.

UConn is well-regarded academically and rising. UVA is higher ranked and not rising (lost a little ground, actually, since the 90s).

To say UConn isn't rising fast enough to catch UVA in the next four years is to exalt (a) precise (b) overall (and not course of study) (c) rankings from one source, (d) as some kind of horse race.

UVA by a length in the U.S. News Derby . . . UConn moving up on the outside . . . can it catch UVA by graduation day? (And what good would that do?)

Wait a minute, how about the other horse race (mixing metaphors severely, indeed beyond redemption) -- the Best Basketball Derby?

UConn out in front by 83 lengths . . .are these horses in the same race? . . . UConn pulling away, if that's the right term, even further . . .

Frankly, these debates about how young players "should" think, when we have no clue (or only the faintest clue) what they're actually thinking, are kind of bothersome, even when the argument is for UConn rather than one that sounds curiously like something from the other school's recruiting staff.

Last edited:

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Frankly, these debates about how young players "should" think, when we have no clue (or only the faintest clue) what they're actually thinking, are kind of bothersome, even when the argument is for UConn rather than one that sounds curiously like something from the other school's recruiting staff.
weird huh... one type of prediction that I don't get into

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
My latest prediction:

The Boneyard will get antsy today because there will be no announcement. Ideally, Natalie would have announced after final exams and the weekend, that is, today. But we know that her coach is pushing UConn, and we hear that her parents are pushing Virginia. I think she'll decide when a consensus develops, probably this month, but not today.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
You're right. There were three brigades in his division. I think all three brigade commanders were KIA.
Armistead and Garnett were KIA. Kemper was wounded and captured. Then rescued and subsequently captured again. Eventually involved in a prisoner exchange but did not participate in the war after Gettysburg.

If VA and UCONN were to play it would probably end up a disaster like Pickett's Charge. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom