SG:
$1 - Ricky Moore

SF:
$2 - Niels Giffey (2014)

PF:
$2 - Alex Karaban

C:
$5 - Emeka Okafor

I like this because 2011 is represented with Kemba, 1999 with Moore, 2023 with Karaban, Giffey with 2014 and 2004 with Emeka. Okafor is the ultimate rim protector and Kemba is the perfect "I will take the team on my back" leader.

As a 6th man if I am allowed an extra 2 or 3 bucks I might take Anderson or Lamb.

This gets me to thinking, I think a starting 5 that included kemba and El-Amin would be very intriguing (though even if they were of the sam age, unlikely), wonder how that would work.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Maybe, but I'm using the value of dollars from the years they played.
If that's the case, then I'm taking Rip for $2.75!

1680862402777.png

Reaction Score
Interesting question for those who have picked their first 5, if you are given 18 dollars instead of 15 to choose a 6th man, who do you add as your 6th man?

Reaction Score
PG Chris Smith / Kemba / Ricky Moore / Shabaz / Ryan Boatright
SG Ray Allen / Jeremy Lamb/ Ben Gordon / Jerome Dyson /Tony Robertson
SF Caron / Rip /Rudy Gay / Stanley Robinson / Nadav
PF Donnelly Marshall / Jeff Adrien / Freeman / Gavin Edwards / Karaban
C Emeka / Adama /Clingan / Boone / Voskul
6th men
Rasheed Anderson
John Gwynn
Charlie Villanueva
Niles Giffey
Joey C
You left out many of my favorites.

Reaction Score
Based on values you’ve provided I would mix it up by those for my team:

I want the absolute 2 best players on the board in Rip and Emeka. So there’s 10. I would take the value of Taliek and Ricky for 1pt each for their defense but need one more scorer for 3 pts so I’m ripping off the 2gs and taking Lamb as well. I like that team. Screw the PFs for their value I go small.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Interesting question for those who have picked their first 5, if you are given 18 dollars instead of 15 to choose a 6th man, who do you add as your 6th man?

The entire country of Burundi.

Reaction Score
Now that we have 5 championships, we have the perfect number of championship starters for this exercise. Using an allotted $15, buy your ideal starting 5 with each UConn National Championship starter being valued from $1-$5 listed below. You can only choose one player from each position. Each player is valued as they were during their championship season (ie. 2011 Jeremy Lamb instead of 2012)

PG:
$5 - Kemba Walker
$4 - Shabazz Napier (2014)
$3 - Khalid El-Amin
$2 - Tristen Newton
$1 - Taliek Brown

SG:
$5 - Ben Gordon
$4 - Jordan Hawkins
$3 - Jeremy Lamb
$2 - Ryan Boatright
$1 - Ricky Moore

SF:
$5 - Rip Hamilton
$4 - Andre Jackson
$3 - Rashad Anderson
$2 - Niels Giffey (2014)
$1 - Roscoe Smith

PF:
$5 - Kevin Freeman
$4 - DeAndre Daniels
$3 - Josh Boone
$2 - Alex Karaban
$1 - Tyler Olander (2011)

C:
$5 - Emeka Okafor
$4 - Adama Sanogo
$3 - Jake Voskuhl
$2 - Alex Oriakhi
$1 - Phil Nolan

Please provide insight into your selections! Some of the decisions that went into making this list were difficult so feel free to let me know if you disagree with anyone’s value. But if anything that just means you get a steal!
I think I'm going...

Kemba
Ricky
Niels
Alex
Emeka

Karaban at $2 is sort of a no brainer since the PF is the position lacking a true "star"...that gap between the $5 option and the $2 option is the smallest. Can sacrifice offense at the SG position when you have Kemba running the point with two shooters at the forwards. Niels and Alex both terrific ball movers/floor spacers and having Emeka sitting in the paint covers up any defensive deficiencies (although both guys I believe to be underrated defensively and you have a tremendous perimeter defender at the SG position here).

Reaction Score
Now that we have 5 championships, we have the perfect number of championship starters for this exercise. Using an allotted $15, buy your ideal starting 5 with each UConn National Championship starter being valued from $1-$5 listed below. You can only choose one player from each position. Each player is valued as they were during their championship season (ie. 2011 Jeremy Lamb instead of 2012)

PG:
$5 - Kemba Walker
$4 - Shabazz Napier (2014)
$3 - Khalid El-Amin
$2 - Tristen Newton
$1 - Taliek Brown

SG:
$5 - Ben Gordon
$4 - Jordan Hawkins
$3 - Jeremy Lamb
$2 - Ryan Boatright
$1 - Ricky Moore

SF:
$5 - Rip Hamilton
$4 - Andre Jackson
$3 - Rashad Anderson
$2 - Niels Giffey (2014)
$1 - Roscoe Smith

PF:
$5 - Kevin Freeman
$4 - DeAndre Daniels
$3 - Josh Boone
$2 - Alex Karaban
$1 - Tyler Olander (2011)

C:
$5 - Emeka Okafor
$4 - Adama Sanogo
$3 - Jake Voskuhl
$2 - Alex Oriakhi
$1 - Phil Nolan

Please provide insight into your selections! Some of the decisions that went into making this list were difficult so feel free to let me know if you disagree with anyone’s value. But if anything that just means you get a steal!
Thanks for starting this thread. I was playing around with different roster combinations in my head earlier. I will have to get back to you on this. I always find this "mini basketball fantasy roster building" very fun, but also quite the exercise for the brain, too, which I can appreciate.

Damn, I need to get back to work, LOL ;)

Reaction Score
I think I'm going...

Kemba
Ricky
Niels
Alex
Emeka

Karaban at $2 is sort of a no brainer since the PF is the position lacking a true "star"...that gap between the $5 option and the $2 option is the smallest. Can sacrifice offense at the SG position when you have Kemba running the point with two shooters at the forwards. Niels and Alex both terrific ball movers/floor spacers and having Emeka sitting in the paint covers up any defensive deficiencies (although both guys I believe to be underrated defensively and you have a tremendous perimeter defender at the SG position here).
I noticed all my line ups had Karaban for the exact reason you stated. He is a great value for $2.

Reaction Score
PG Chris Smith / Kemba / Ricky Moore / Shabaz / Ryan Boatright
SG Ray Allen / Jeremy Lamb/ Ben Gordon / Jerome Dyson /Tony Robertson
SF Caron / Rip /Rudy Gay / Stanley Robinson / Nadav
PF Donnelly Marshall / Jeff Adrien / Freeman / Gavin Edwards / Karaban
C Emeka / Adama /Clingan / Boone / Voskul
6th men
Rasheed Anderson
John Gwynn
Charlie Villanueva
Niles Giffey
Joey C
Almost half the guys you named didn't play on national championship teams and I'm pretty sure Donnelly Marshall never played for us.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Ricky, Bazz, Lamb, Neils, Mek.
2nd choice would be Adama, Kemba, AlexK, Shad, Roscoe

Reaction Score
Since you can start with Ricky Moore for a single dollar, that would be a great start.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom