Bubble Watch.... | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Bubble Watch....

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I like how we lists Temple as "still has work to do" like how is it even possible?
It wasn't just losing, it was how they lost to UCONN. Folding at the end and losing big is not a resume builder especially with the low regard afforded to the AAC.

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
It wasn't just losing, it was how they lost to UCONN. Folding at the end and losing big is not a resume builder especially with the low regard afforded to the AAC.

I think his point was the only work they can do now is their Biology homework.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
We're up to 98/102 brackets on BracketMatrix. More than Wichita St.

Reaction Score
Just as an FYI, I watched a committee member on CBS Sports channel last night who repeated the thing ESPN came out with earlier this week. They chose all but 3 of the at-large bids already.

He said nothing has changed after Saturday afternoon's games.

This leads me to believe that either UConn was firmly in BEFORE it even played Cincy or UConn is right now still on the bubble and on the outside looking in.

Reaction Score
We are a stone cold lock now, I'll still chew all my finger nails off until the bracket is out though.

Reaction Score
The Committee seems to pay far, far less attention to conference tourneys than the media does.

There is never a reason to take anything for granted. We deserve to be in regardless, but there is no reason for this team not to close the conference championship out today. So do it and don't worry about the Committee.

Reaction Score
I hadn't looked at individual team schedules and results until today. I am shocked VCU is even in the field, let alone a projected 8 seed, base on what vs a Temple Cinci or UConn?

Out of Conference wins: Buffalo, Old Dominion, Middle Tenn, Radford, Liberty, N Fl,American, Pr View,
In Conference only played the 3 best teams 1x each - Dayton (lost), St Joe (Win), St Bonn (win)
In Conference losses to George Mason, Umass, GWash
Out of Conference Losses to Duke, Wisc, Fl St, Georgia Tech, and head to head vs Cinci

They could get the conference bid today to be in the field, but what would have them take an at large spot as an 8 seed

Reaction Score
I hadn't looked at individual team schedules and results until today. I am shocked VCU is even in the field, let alone a projected 8 seed, base on what vs a Temple Cinci or UConn?

Out of Conference wins: Buffalo, Old Dominion, Middle Tenn, Radford, Liberty, N Fl,American, Pr View,
In Conference only played the 3 best teams 1x each - Dayton (lost), St Joe (Win), St Bonn (win)
Out of Conference Losses to Duke, Wisc, Fl St, Georgia Tech, and head to head vs Cinci

They could get the conference bid today to be in the field, but what would have them take an at large spot as an 8 seed
Wow that looks like a team that should not be in unless they win their conference tourney. They couldn't even beat Florida State as they played many power conference teams and lost to all of them.

Reaction Score

The in conference schedule is one I have been harping on. With so much emphasis now on awarding the conference regular season teams who finish at the top, almost no one mentions the severely unbalanced schedules in big conferences.

By avoiding 3 games against the top conference teams, VCU gains an advantage. The same dynamic applies in the AAC. Cincy and UConn had a full slate. Other teams in the top half did not.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Just as an FYI, I watched a committee member on CBS Sports channel last night who repeated the thing ESPN came out with earlier this week. They chose all but 3 of the at-large bids already.

This leads me to believe that either UConn was firmly in BEFORE it even played Cincy or UConn is right now still on the bubble and on the outside looking in.
I'm nervous about this too.

If the committee made the vast majority of their at-large selections prior to the conference tournaments, this does not bode well for any AAC teams. I wouldn't be shocked if the AAC wound up being a one bid league. The committee certainly won't do the conference any favors, as evidenced by the underseeding and snubs of the last few years.

Reaction Score

When was "already". Also possible that we were in but not firmly (last at large? For example, Lunardi had us first out before Cincy, so that would be only one team off) and may have been squeezed out by conference upsets (Memphis, Gonzaga, Northern Iowa, Fresno State).

Reaction Score
If the committee made the vast majority of their at-large selections prior to the conference tournaments, this does not bode well for any AAC teams. I wouldn't be shocked if the AAC wound up being a one bid league. The committee certainly won't do the conference any favors, as evidenced by the underseeding and snubs of the last few years.

UConn is the only AAC team that improved their standing in the tournament, so this doesn't really mean anything for the other teams.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Think eamonn will make us a lock now??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads