BU game thread... | Page 6 | The Boneyard

BU game thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Kiah had another good game. Scored 10 points on 4-4 shooting and 2-3 on Free throws and had 9 rebounds. If she can contribute this output every night, this team will be hard to beat. Another aspect is once KML and Morgan are able to play, Geno will be able to give Stef more rest during games like tonight.
I just wish Kiah showed more 'fire' at times but I guess that's just her personality. Her athleticism is undeniable.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
If Saniya continues to progress as she has ... oh boy! We are a lucky bunch. She is Money.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
First time back on campus for Jess Moore....

BZtw-CpIcAADasg.jpg:large

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Stewart has looked really good passing in this game.
She has been looking really good passing for a few games. I think she and Stef are the best at passing into the post - ball always in the right place, leading the player into their shot. All of the guards appear to consistently miss the moment for the passes, as they turn to pass around the perimeter.

Reaction Score
On an off note. Do you what the difference is between BU and the Brooklyn Nets tonight is ?
BU tried !!!!!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I wish Geno would consider having the walk ons play earlier in games like this. I know Chong needs minutes with the starters, but having a walk on play a minute or two earlier wouldn't hurt the starters any and give them more rest.
I actually think that is his reasoning for not doing it - he wants them to have practice playing through fatigue so when they need to they can. And he wants the to get used to playing with different combinations this early in the year - after Christmas we may see more of them earlier in games - now is extended preseason practice.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
She has been looking really good passing for a few games. I think she and Stef are the best at passing into the post - ball always in the right place, leading the player into their shot. All of the guards appear to consistently miss the moment for the passes, as they turn to pass around the perimeter.
This is what most often when our offense breaks down. ND disrupts our timing better than any other team. Entry passes must arrive in very specific rhythms. ND succeeds in making sure the perimeter offense and interior offense strip their synchro mesh.

Reaction Score

I wonder if that may be a result of Geno wanting a certain number of passes? I noticed a few times SD, TBS and Stokes open with no pass but it was early in the possession.

Reaction Score
The announcers did a good job in a game like this. Enjoyed the info and stories about BU's players and coach Kelly Greenberg.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I wonder if that may be a result of Geno wanting a certain number of passes? I noticed a few times SD/TBS and Stokes open with no pass but it was early in the possession.
I think not. He is good with a layup or an low post move early as they are both very high percentage. The pass number is more prior to a jump shot. I think the problem is the guards haven't anticipated the opening so when it occurs they are not in position to make a pass - the ball is on the way down in a dribble, or they are looking to the corner or the top of the key - and when they become ready the moment has passed and the defense has adjusted. The best passers in all team sports and especially basketball can track the movements of all the players and see the pattern and the possibilities. Stewie has made a number of passes to Stef in the past couple of games that looked like turnovers when they were thrown, but arrived just as Stef gained a tiny advantage and an opening to the hoop. (She also had a turnover where the anticipated opening didn't occur. but I think you live with a 3-1 A/TO ratio.)

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Wonderful! I'll be there for the Nutcracker in 4 weeks.

Excellent! I saw the Mark Morris Dance Group perform his masterwork "L'Allegro, il Penseroso ed il Moderato last night. I am usually in the pit, singing during the NY performances of this work (Morris uses live music and singers always), but this time I am just another member of the audience. My favorite of all his works....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom