BS 4th in the Nation in passing efficiency | The Boneyard

BS 4th in the Nation in passing efficiency

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
There are quite a few posters here who owe that man an apology. Particularly the guys who kept talking about his time playing fullback at NC State, but don't everyone speak up at once.

Yes, his play could regress, but after three games and the way the offense is performing, we can conclude he is a better QB than we saw the past 2 years under the worst coaches in history.

Reaction Score
Shirreffs has a passer rating of 182.33 which is forth in the nation after four games and he came in late in the first. This with very little protection and still taking some very hard sacks. Last two games 46 of 67 for 814 yds, 5 TDs and one pic, yet even yesterday there were those calling for Pindell. :confused::confused::confused: Head bang

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I like Bryant and I am very glad he getting the chance to QB the team in his final season, and even happier about his play, but make no mistake about it, it would far better for us if these were Pindell's numbers. Still, the best man for the job is out there and I'm happy for the kid. Tough as nails and bleeds National Flag Blue.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Shirreffs has a passer rating of 182.33 which is forth in the nation after four games and he came in late in the first. This with very little protection and still taking some very hard sacks. Last two games 46 of 67 for 814 yds, 5 TDs and one pic, yet even yesterday there were those calling for Pindell. :confused::confused::confused: Head bang

I am one of those people that grew tied of Sherriffs last year and was looking forward to him being nothing more than an insurance policy for this year. I deserve a public flocking, its true. If he manages to engineer a victory friday night at home, maybe some of us that doubted him should attend the next husky walk (Tulsa) bearing signs of shame for Bryant to see.

Reaction Score
I like Bryant and I am very glad he getting the chance to QB the team in his final season, and even happier about his play, but make no mistake about it, it would far better for us if these were Pindell's numbers. Still, the best man for the job is out there and I'm happy for the kid. Tough as nails and bleeds National Flag Blue.
What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

The kid is better than most people here gave him credit for. Statistically, he's one of the best QBs in the country. He's not an NFL QB, but we don't need one. He's not a Heisman candidate, but we don't "need" him to be. He's not just tough as nails. He's a good college QB, and is proving the haters, doubters, and naysayers wrong.

Hopefully by the end of the season, people will be able to give him credit, without mentioning what it means for Pindell and the future.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Who's the next QB? Things that worry me

Reaction Score
Between Pindell (who I'm not ready to give up on after 3 quarters of football at the highest level of football he's ever played at) and the two freshmen who looked to be promising recruits, I think QB depth is stronger than it's been in a long time.

As for Shirreffs, I've already raised my hand as somebody who was skeptical of him taking the starting job back, but I couldn't be happier for the kid. He's been through a lot and it's good to see him having success before his time is through here. I hope the other guys in the QB room are following his every move because his leadership qualities are hard to find.

Reaction Score
I am one of those people that grew tied of Sherriffs last year and was looking forward to him being nothing more than an insurance policy for this year. I deserve a public flocking, its true. If he manages to engineer a victory friday night at home, maybe some of us that doubted him should attend the next husky walk (Tulsa) bearing signs of shame for Bryant to see.

I move that all signs must be approved by the BY to ensure an appropriate degree of shaming has been achieved!!

CL82

Reaction Score
I like Bryant and I am very glad he getting the chance to QB the team in his final season, and even happier about his play, but make no mistake about it, it would far better for us if these were Pindell's numbers.
What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

But I don't begrudge Bryant a thing. I genuinely like and respect the kid and I think it's great that he's making the more of his shot.

Reaction Score
But I don't begrudge Bryant a thing. I genuinely like and respect the kid and I think it's great that he's making the more of his shot.
Obviously it would be better if it were Pindell. If my aunt had balls...

We're 4 games into the season, we've got 8 left. Why not enjoy the fact we have the best QB we've had in over 12 years, without worrying about a season that is 10 months away? I understand being concerned that we don't know what we have next year. Our offense went from last to top 30ish. We've got a guy who was better in practice than Bryant, and two redshirt freshman with athletic ability. I think Lashlee and company will figure it out. We have all of next spring/summer to worry about next season.

Last edited:

CL82

Reaction Score
Obviously it would be better if it were Pindell. If my aunt had balls...
Does your aunt have balls?

Agreed with the rest of your post regardless.

Reaction Score
BS our best QB since DanO? Maybe. (Thought Casey Cochran could have been a big time QB for us before the concussions ended things quickly for the kid. Of the small sample size we had from him, he was tremendous.) But I have absolutely no real qualms about the way Shirreffs is playing right now. He is who he is, and he's our best option to win games at that position. No reason to put Pindell in now as long as we're scoring points and moving the football.

Reaction Score
UConn needs to find a QB after BS leaves UConn. It needs to be a top guy. Lashlee will find him for UConn if he is given the authority to recruit top talent.

Reaction Score
22221675_10155643502084831_5779834608873668351_n.jpg

Reaction Score
UConn needs to find a QB after BS leaves UConn. It needs to be a top guy. Lashlee will find him for UConn if he is given the authority to recruit top talent.
Lashlee will never have the authority to recruit top level talent. He will only have the authority to recruit sub-par one * talent.

Reaction Score
I dropped this in the Game Week thread but ill leave it here too. Interesting stats within.

Slightly different article by Jim Fuller:

>>One of the more noteworthy improvements Shirreffs has made is not focusing in on one receiver after Noel Thomas caught a school-record 100 passes a season ago, 75 more than his closest teammate. This season, UConn is one of six FBS programs with seven players already over 100 yards receiver. UConn and Appalachian State are the only ones to accomplish that feat in just four games.

“I think last year having Thomas was a unique situation because he was so good and it is easy, that was his (security) blanket last year,” Sweitzer said. “Now he has some folks he has confidence in, look at (Aaron) McLean last week, (Mason) Donaldson the week before, he has targets that he is comfortable throwing the football to especially across the middle and he is getting a little bit more time, not a ton, not every series but he has a little more time to throw the ball down the field and he’s been accurate doing that.”<<

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
A little bit, not a ton, not every series is this team in a nutshell and still a darn sight better than last year.

Reaction Score

It is true that next year's QB may not be on the roster. UCONN has a lot to offer any grad transfer QB or top Juco QB looking for a school to launch them into the NFL. We will have a Ferrari offense next year, who wants to drive? Any Russell Wilson's out there?

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom