BR's choice for UConn's clutch player for 2012 | The Boneyard

BR's choice for UConn's clutch player for 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know some of you don't like the BR, but just in case you haven't seen it, here's what they had to say. I don't necessarily agree with their selection, (and I do like LM), but IMO it's the QB (whoever that ends up being) as the key to UConn's success for 2012.

As a freshman last year, Lyle McCombs was the go-to guy on offense for the Huskies. He finished with 1,151 yards and seven touchdowns.
In the biggest non-conference game of the season, he rushed for 118 yards on 27 carries.
He tailed off at the end of last year, but will likely be much improved next season and counted on even more.
McCombs will easily be the most clutch player next season for Connecticut.
134126132_display_image.jpg

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...r-every-college-football-team-in-2012/page/25

Reaction Score
"McCombs will easily be the most clutch player next season for Connecticut."

Well then, there we have it. Straight from the mouth of a 20-something year old O$U kid from Cincy.

Reaction Score
from my experience the bleacherreport pretty much delivers the most basic, zero analysis, predictions. KIM though he said most clutch, not most important, so he's pretty much just picking whoever has been most reliable in the past, not exactly an exciting prediction. something on our QB race, now that would be actually useful, interesting information

Reaction Score
I think it will help the UConn offense (and entire team) immensely to have a QB on the field at as many instances a possible. This would really help when the Huskies have the ball. Rule changes (circa the early 1900's) permit the throwing of the ball to advance it down the field. It is likely to become all the rage in college football. Defense's everywhere have bemoaned the "inherent unfairness" of this new offensive tactic, complaining that it forces them to have to be responsible for defending the entire field and gives far too much advantage to teams with good QBs. They quite obviously are urning for the good old days of the 1950's when stadiums rocked to 13-7 slugfests.

Reaction Score
and to think i was actually starting to miss you the last few weeks

Reaction Score
and to think i was actually starting to miss you the last few weeks
Morning Matt. Just messing. Yes, the passing game needs to improve, but even I know it's better than I portrayed it - a little anyway. Have a good one, my friend.

Reaction Score
Gee, QB is an important position? I'll have to remember that when the line misses a block and he's sitting on his or fumbling or throwing an int.. Normally that would be an easy unimpeachable (but still lazy) prediction, but not this year. It's the line baby, and everything else follows from there. That our QB's will be better should come as no surprise to anyone but BR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom