Bronny James enter the transfer portal | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Bronny James enter the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How am I not being real here?

People said he had no business being a McDonald's all-American, his ranking and hype were seriously inflated because of who his dad is and because of the way his father hyped him.

^^You disagree with this?

I never saw anyone bashing the kid because of who his father is, they were just pointing out the obvious.
I’m confused, why is it a slight that his father hyped him? Like, that’s what he is supposed to do.

Also, i’m not necessarily saying people hate on him like “he is LeBron’s son, to hell with him” but they certainly hate him because he is.

Reaction Score
It seems like this board wants him to play here.

He certainly wasn't good enough to be a rotation player at UConn this year. If Hurley thinks he's good enough to turn into a rotation player at UConn bring him on.

The backlash for Bronny was because he was clearly overranked in high school and had no business being a McDonald's all-American. None of it was personal, he comes across as a nice kid, people were just pointing out that his game didn't come close to matching his hype...

ESPN was running with headlines that he was a top 10 pick after his freshman year based off of Givony and every outlet and sports show in the country was talking about him like he's a top 10 pick. And then Lebron made things worse for Bronny saying he could easily play for the Lakers right now when he was playing poorly for a terrible USC team. He could turn into a good rotational player for a winning college team but nobody has done him any favors.
Of course he wasn't this year, because he was a freshman and we were the #1 team in the country. But it doesn't seem crazy to think he would be as an upperclassmen, the same way we do with the freshmen already here.

He was definitely overhyped but that was largely by people who knew nothing about basketball and were chasing headlines. This was always what he was expected to be

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
This would be a no brainer for obvious reasons and additionally that he seems to have a strong work ethic and have his heart in the right place. Daddy didn’t raise no loser.
no

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If not for the circus that comes with it I’d be interested.
The circus never seems to make it up to Storrs. Wasn't that one of the reasons Ray gave for UConn success?

Reaction Score
I’m confused, why is it a slight that his father hyped him? Like, that’s what he is supposed to do.

Also, i’m not necessarily saying people hate on him like “he is LeBron’s son, to hell with him” but they certainly hate him because he is.
I didn't say it was a slight.

It added to the undeserved hype machine for the kid he was never going to be able to live up to as a freshman because he isn't nearly good enough of a player.

He continued hyping him with absurdly unrealistic hype when Bronny was playing poorly for a terrible USC team and then was tweeting for people to just let Bronny be a kid. The media and Lebron put unfair hype on him that his game was never capable of matching as a freshman.

xclamations

Portal Kombat III
Reaction Score
Yes please... this would be great;
coach can recalibrate/further develop him.
I think it would work out

Reaction Score
I didn't say it was a slight.

It added to the undeserved hype machine for the kid he was never going to be able to live up to as a freshman because he isn't nearly good enough of a player.

He continued hyping him with absurdly unrealistic hype when Bronny was playing poorly for a terrible USC team and then was tweeting for people to just let Bronny be a kid. The media and Lebron put unfair hype on him that his game was never capable of matching as a freshman.
He’s LeBron’s son, he isn’t gonna be under the radar or anything lol. Kid has dealt with hype all his life, it’s nothing new.

Reaction Score
Of course he wasn't this year, because he was a freshman and we were the #1 team in the country. But it doesn't seem crazy to think he would be as an upperclassmen, the same way we do with the freshmen already here.

He was definitely overhyped but that was largely by people who knew nothing about basketball and were chasing headlines. This was always what he was expected to be
It was always what I expected him to be and some other people who watched him play high school and AAU ball expected him to be. It wasn't what Lebron, the media, and a lot of basketball fans expected him to be.

I was just responding to you saying he is more than good enough to be a rotation player at UConn. Possibly, I doubt he'll come here but if Hurley believes he's good enough to be a rotation player here I would love to have him here.

Reaction Score
It was always what I expected him to be and some other people who watched him play high school and AAU ball expected him to be. It wasn't what Lebron, the media, and a lot of basketball fans expected him to be.

I was just responding to you saying he is more than good enough to be a rotation player at UConn. Possibly, I doubt he'll come here but if Hurley believes he's good enough to be a rotation player here I would love to have him here.
USC was a dysfunctional team, super iso heavy and really sucked especially when Collier was hurt. Doesn’t play into Bronny’s strengths of a ball mover, versatile defender and potential good shooter.

His numbers are again, comparable to both Solo and Diarra’s freshman year. We all think the world of Diarra, and also think Solo is gonna be a huge piece for us. I doubt we actually have interest, who knows, but I think we could do a hell of a lot worse for an energy bench piece with good potential. Enfield also sucks and Hurley is great.

Reaction Score

I guess my larger point is I don't see the difference between someone like Solo Ball who's here, and then guys like Bronny, Stojakovic, Griffiths who entered the portal. All had pretty mediocre stats as a freshman but I feel like Hurley would get the most out of them. I doubt any end up here though, seems like we're looking for immediate contributors in the portal this year

Reaction Score
I guess my larger point is I don't see the difference between someone like Solo Ball who's here, and then guys like Bronny, Stojakovic, Griffiths who entered the portal. All had pretty mediocre stats as a freshman but I feel like Hurley would get the most out of them. I doubt any end up here though, seems like we're looking for immediate contributors in the portal this year
Agreed, really hope we get McNeeley. I typically would want a couple starting caliber transfers but McNeeley is just such a perfect fit, versatile and an awesome shooter. He would plug in as a starter right away.

Reaction Score
Bronny will never happen. Too far from LaLa land for the old man. There will be better options available when we win #6. I hear Flagg is rethinking..

Reaction Score
I for sure would welcome him with open arms, what’s there to lose. He was not as good as advertised, but how many freshman are? I see a lot to work with and him growing into a good player here. We be crazy not to take him.

Reaction Score
If he's willing to embrace the team concept, truly be unselfish, play for the name on the front of the jersey not the back, and is truly healthy, why not?

Dad helping our NIL fund wouldn't hurt either....
Just imagine if the Bryant tragedy didn’t happen. For more reasons than ball of course. But maybe lebron should think about it.

Reaction Score
Bronny will never happen. Too far from LaLa land for the old man. There will be better options available when we win #6. I hear Flagg is rethinking..
Flagg is looking for the same nail painting NIL deal that Jared McCain got!

1000003126.jpg

Reaction Score
As with any decision, there are pros and cons to consider.

We're going to have 5+/- players leaving and we're not looking for 5 starters, so a developmental player with good DNA, a good family and a nice skill set makes sense and fits the UConn profile, and good the the BE.

There really hasn't been a circus atmospher around Bronny except for his recruiting and his health. However, his growth and progress will be seen by many, and in real time. Is there a benefit to attracting and developing NBA level offspring?

Would Bronny be happy sitting on the bench a lot, or would he rather be a starter on a lesser team?

Reaction Score
Bronny had a heart attack last year while at USC.

He can be a good player. He certainly wasn't better than half the NBA players like his father said, but if he's healthy he can be a very useful piece on a high level team.

He's just not his father. No one is.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
Bronny had a heart attack last year while at USC.

He can be a good player. He certainly wasn't better than half the NBA players like his father said, but if he's healthy he can be a very useful piece on a high level team.

He's just not his father. No one is.
Same issues Marcus Jordan had when he was playing, he just couldn't live up to perceived expectations of being MJ's son

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Same issues Marcus Jordan had when he was playing, he just couldn't live up to perceived expectations of being MJ's son
Larsa Pippen had no issues with it. :cool:

Reaction Score
I’ll take Bronny now for the pipeline to Bryce. Bryce’s physical growth has been insane.

Would love Bronny to come here, but I doubt he’s coming somewhere to play 15-20 min a game off the bench.

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
The kid coulda saved 3 babies from an alligator’s mouth and people would find a way to hate.
You can always tell the Lebron fanboys from the rest. Surprised it took that long for the hate word to come out, smh. The kid isn’t great and not everyone has to gush/root for him no matter how you want to spin it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom