Bronny James enter the transfer portal | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bronny James enter the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Should go to Duquesne.
Funny you mention that... had sports talk on in the car on way to restaurant tonight, and the host did a segment on exactly that. LeBron has ties to the new coach (and had ties to the old coach who just retired).

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
ESPN might start to like us if he came here.

Reaction Score
Ok now to be more blunt about it, he's not a UConn level player guys. We'll do better.
Eerily similar stats to Diarra’s freshman year. I think he would be a good add to the end of a rotation. Hurley would be a perfect coach for how the kid plays.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
WANT

Danny has so much cred I can see LeBron laying off and allowing UConn coaches to work their magic.

And UConn will in the highlights when Bronny scores.

Reaction Score
The kid has something to work with, and has a strong pedigree. I would like him to come to UConn and learn team ball and all things basketball. He a;ready knows more about basketball than a lot of coaches but not Hurley. Hurley will make him a better player and teammate.

Just saying don't be surprised if he comes, especially now that we are on his list.

Reaction Score
Just saying don't be surprised if he comes, especially now that we are on his list.
Are we? From a source other than one random twitter guy?

Reaction Score
I'm not too impressed with Bronny. Definitely living off his father's coattail but if he wants to be a backup guard for us that and play wihtin our team concept I'm all for it.

Reaction Score
Yeah. This got me thinking wth happened to usc this year. They had him and collier and finished below .500 and emfeld bounced? Strange

Reaction Score
The kid coulda saved 3 babies from an alligator’s mouth and people would find a way to hate. Sad.
I don't think it's hate. He was a McDonald's All American. Even if it was undeserved, he still came in with hype and expectations. His health has held him back, yes. But I'm with 3rd Bass on this one. I haven't seen enough of Bronny during the year to be impressed by him coming here. That's all.

Reaction Score
He's more than good enough to be a rotation player at UConn. But people will never be able to separate him from his dad no matter what he does so for that reason I hope he goes elsewhere
It seems like this board wants him to play here.

He certainly wasn't good enough to be a rotation player at UConn this year. If Hurley thinks he's good enough to turn into a rotation player at UConn bring him on.

The backlash for Bronny was because he was clearly overranked in high school and had no business being a McDonald's all-American. None of it was personal, he comes across as a nice kid, people were just pointing out that his game didn't come close to matching his hype...

ESPN was running with headlines that he was a top 10 pick after his freshman year based off of Givony and every outlet and sports show in the country was talking about him like he's a top 10 pick. And then Lebron made things worse for Bronny saying he could easily play for the Lakers right now when he was playing poorly for a terrible USC team. He could turn into a good rotational player for a winning college team but nobody has done him any favors.

Reaction Score
I don't think it's hate. He was a McDonald's All American. Even if it was undeserved, he still came in with hype and expectations. His health has held him back, yes. But I'm with 3rd Bass on this one. I haven't seen enough of Bronny during the year to be impressed by him coming here. That's all.
If you're expecting McDonald's All American level then you're going to be severely disappointed. Nobody who actually watched him play had anywhere close to that level of expectation. But he showed flashes as a freshman the same way we saw it with the similarly ranked guys on UConn this year like Ball and Stewart

Reaction Score
It seems like this board wants him to play here.

He certainly wasn't good enough to be a rotation player at UConn this year. If Hurley thinks he's good enough to turn into a rotation player at UConn bring him on.

The backlash for Bronny was because he was clearly overranked in high school and had no business being a McDonald's all-American. None of it was personal, he comes across as a nice kid, people were just pointing out that his game didn't come close to matching his hype...

ESPN was running with headlines that he was a top 10 pick after his freshman year based off of Givony and every outlet and sports show in the country was talking about him like he's a top 10 pick. And then Lebron made things worse for Bronny saying he could easily play for the Lakers right now when he was playing poorly for a terrible USC team. He could turn into a good rotational player for a winning college team but nobody has done him any favors.
Maybe it’s not personal to him specifically, but a vast majority of it is certainly personal because who his father is. Let’s be real here.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Maybe it’s not personal to him specifically, but a vast majority of it is certainly personal because who his father is. Let’s be real here.
How am I not being real here?

People said he had no business being a McDonald's all-American, his ranking and hype were seriously inflated because of who his dad is and because of the way his father hyped him.

^^You disagree with this?

I never saw anyone bashing the kid because of who his father is, they were just pointing out the obvious.

Reaction Score
I'd also want a thorough, independent medical assessment performed. It was never fully clear what caused the cardiac arrest and what the risks of him playing are. To me, that should be the first thing that needs to be crystal clear. I have some suspicion that he will never be the same player and that the cardiac arrest changed him and his drive, but I'm a B.D, not an M.D.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
ESPN might start to like us if he came here.
I Dont Think So No Way GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32