Bronny is actually what we need | The Boneyard

Bronny is actually what we need

Reaction Score
Let’s be honest, in terms of program success, especially the past 25 years, we are the best by a big margin. Men and women both the best In country. What an achievement.

But, we don’t have that much advertisement or attention compare to programs like duke, UK, unc, etc. I know people say it’s bs and natty is all we care, but I think bit different. Yes titles matter but if we can’t ‘monetize’ it that would be really sad. Imagine this, now we obviously get attention and that’s fading away. Next year if duke get one with cooper, what that will look like? People will forget UConn fast

I think media action is part of the play, and that’s why I think Bronny will contribute the most. It’s the sad truth for bronny and I feel like a bad guy saying it. Plus, I do think he is a good kid, putting effort pursuing basketball dream. If I got a rich dad I probably wouldn’t even worry about anything. He actually picked a hard path cuz it’s easy for people to criticize him as he will be compared with his father, and people naturally think he is not worthy. I fully respect his effort and courage. And I love to see he come over and become better

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
FB_IMG_1712021495519.jpg

Reaction Score
This is a good point in theory. Many schools might think this way. But DH doesn't chase things like that.
It's like a singer where the label says "if you sing this song you didn't write you'll have a huge hit with millions more dollars"
But the singer refuses because the song is just not them

Reaction Score
One of the core ingredients of this team’s success over the last few seasons has been selflessness. By all accounts Bronny is a good kid who has been trying to do things the right way and be a team guy versus coasting on having been born on third base. However, what happens to locker room unity and that spirit of selflessness when 90+% of interview requests are for a kid who has achieved nothing other than hitting the genetic lottery?

I don’t think Hurley wants to find out with history on the line.

Reaction Score
I like the idea in theory and if any coach could handle that, esp with Lebron, its Dan Hurley.

Reaction Score
Tough to say, but he's been in the portal for a while and no news about interest from our side. So im thinking DH disagrees

Reaction Score
Let’s be honest, in terms of program success, especially the past 25 years, we are the best by a big margin. Men and women both the best In country. What an achievement.

But, we don’t have that much advertisement or attention compare to programs like duke, UK, unc, etc. I know people say it’s bs and natty is all we care, but I think bit different. Yes titles matter but if we can’t ‘monetize’ it that would be really sad. Imagine this, now we obviously get attention and that’s fading away. Next year if duke get one with cooper, what that will look like? People will forget UConn fast

I think media action is part of the play, and that’s why I think Bronny will contribute the most. It’s the sad truth for bronny and I feel like a bad guy saying it. Plus, I do think he is a good kid, putting effort pursuing basketball dream. If I got a rich dad I probably wouldn’t even worry about anything. He actually picked a hard path cuz it’s easy for people to criticize him as he will be compared with his father, and people naturally think he is not worthy. I fully respect his effort and courage. And I love to see he come over and become better
i actually don't hate this take

Reaction Score

Too many edibles dude. Slow down.

Reaction Score
Bronny brings a lot of distractions due to his name. He is a good kid it seems. He plays good defense and has 3 point ability. Right now, he seems more like a Jason Gaffney ceiling

Uconn has never gotten the attention it deserves in the past 25 years. We don't get nearly the # of 5 star players that Duke etc gets. We just win rings, that is all. We are finally getting massive media respect. But it took back 2 back historic seasons to achieve this. All fine with me. But I understand your point. Other point is Bronny would get 0 playing time last year or next year. But he will develop., just not right now.

Reaction Score
i actually don't hate this take.
The "take" that a university should recruit an athlete for the notoriety, the idea being to monetize the notoriety, seemed at first a bit curious to me. But I consulted Cardinal Newman's "Idea of a University" and , whaddya know, there it was.

Reaction Score

Nope

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score

Among other things, Bronny really needs minutes. Where's he getting minutes at UConn? It's a truly horrendous fit for both him and us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom