Broads like these are ruining free speech | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Broads like these are ruining free speech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The bigger crime here is that this qualifies as a "joke". If you're gonna make a sexist comment, at least make it a funny one.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Not saying what Osi said couldn't be interpreted as an insult to women by some people, but isn't this the same chick who tried to auction herself off as a date so she could go to the Superbowl a few years back?

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Not saying what Osi said couldn't be interpreted as an insult to women by some people, but isn't this the same chick who tried to auction herself off as a date so she could go to the Superbowl a few years back?

If it is then I respectfully rest my case.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
No, because children aren't supposed to be full adults. When we dismiss women as "less than" people, we contribute to the problem. And the problem is definitely related to things like viewing women only as sexual objects or tying womens' worth only to their sexual attractiveness.

Just look at JaYnYcE, who couldn't actually take a journalist's word and had to go Google and post pictures of her so we could all decide what kind of human being she was.

You think that happens of a guy wrote the piece?

I understand your point, but I don't think the common usage you describe necessarily denigrates women, or indicates that they are less than a person. Men and Women are different. Men insult men by describing them in feminine terms. Women can insult women by describing them in masculine terms. The superiority of one or the other is not at issue, this is about gender roles. Our culture has been feminizing and softening men for decades, and there is some natural resistance. Tom Brady will naturally be mocked for holding a baby lamb in his UGGs.

On the picture issue, you are right, we wouldn't google the picture if a guy wrote the piece. But that just proves the point that men are what we are, and in some ways it's crude. If my biology classes at UConn were correct, men evolved to want to disseminate their sperm widely to women who look like they could carry healthy babies (which she does). Women are bioengineered to seek strong, loyal providers as mates. Modern society calls for us to overcome our instincts, but Osi calling out a "lesser" man as feminine is natural, just like a dominant male lion claiming territory. It's also juvenile given our intellectual capacity to suppress these instincts, and to his credit Osi recognized it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom