Broads like these are ruining free speech | The Boneyard

Broads like these are ruining free speech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I dunno, if you think about it, our culture basically considers that being a woman is inherently bad. When we insult men, we refer to them as women-like or ladies' body parts. We consider women to be lesser creatures.

And then we wonder why so many women are sexually assaulted.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
It was a dumb thing for Osi to say. Period.

And I'm a Giants fan.

Reaction Score
It was a dumb thing for Osi to say. Period.

And I'm a Giants fan.

I think it's hilarious, people have become far too sensitive. Women are thought to be beautiful, classy, delicate, etc. To refer to a pro football player as that is hilarious. No one seemed to care when Bill Parcels said it a few years ago. This is stupid. If any Tom Boys out there are offended by this they should put their Big Boy pants on. To compare this to race or sexual orientation is ridiculous.

Reaction Score
Just relax. He called him a girl. It's a joke.

And that's the reason for sexual assaults? It's crazy time.

Reaction Score
I'm not saying it's cause-effect. I'm saying it's all related. Think about it. When we say something is good, we say "man up," or "act like a man." Being a man is associated with being good. When people suck, we call them p*ssies or we tell people to "stop being a girl."

Our language essentially puts men above women. Women are subservient to men. I'm not saying that's the reason sexual assault happens. But it's related. When we constantly put a group of people below "full person status," there are consequences, that's all.

Just something worth thinking about, is all.

Reaction Score
I dunno, if you think about it, our culture basically considers that being a woman is inherently bad. When we insult men, we refer to them as women-like or ladies' body parts. We consider women to be lesser creatures.

women are often insulted by being portrayed as manly too. you assertion that it's a one way street is absurd. if i tell someone their momma has a penis, does that mean i think men are lesser creatures? of course not, it just means i'm a jerk to their momma

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
No one seemed to care when Bill Parcels said it a few years ago.

That is most definitely not true. Tuna took both barrels from Myra Kraft, for one, for that statement. I'm convinced that was a big reason he left the Pats. He would take a little guff from the owner, but not the owners wife.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
She's just seeking attention. If you search the authors name this is the first thing you see.

thumbnail.aspx

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
She's just seeking attention. If you search the authors name this is the first thing you see.

thumbnail.aspx

Actually, there were two photos of her covering events as a professional before that one came up on Google. Bet you didn't find those as interesting as staring at her cans, since that's all you think she's good for.

I bet you also think she would deserve it for trying to look hot, too.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I used yahoo. This photo alone shows you that she wants people paying attention to her. And what is it that I think she deserves?

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

So if I tell an adult to "stop acting like a child" I'm contributing to child molesting?

Reaction Score
So if I tell an adult to "stop acting like a child" I'm contributing to child molesting?

No, because children aren't supposed to be full adults. When we dismiss women as "less than" people, we contribute to the problem. And the problem is definitely related to things like viewing women only as sexual objects or tying womens' worth only to their sexual attractiveness.

Just look at JaYnYcE, who couldn't actually take a journalist's word and had to go Google and post pictures of her so we could all decide what kind of human being she was.

You think that happens of a guy wrote the piece?

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure that women will be allowed to vote soon too. Just kidding.

Racism, sex, and violence are probably the three top factors that generate headlines.

Nobody wants to read about say, the woman that was recently awarded a distinguished cross for dangling from a helo in the dark by cord in a dustoff op in the middle east, after fracturing her leg hitting a tree in the drop, still managed to get a wounded male soldier bagged with that broken leg, and then hung on to that guy still tangling 100ft below that helo up to 12,000 feet while that chopper rose up through cloud cover to avoid taking fire, and she knew they couldn't reel in until they were clear, becuase the Army is still following the rules of the Geneva convention when it comes to combat, while the rest of world, including our own special ops stopped flying unarmed dustoff a while ago.......the rules of warfare got thrown into the toilet 20 years ago. That woman received her award, and simply said she was doing her duty.

This is nothing. It's racism/sex/violence generating headlines, and that's what the writer did, and it worked. Look at you.

Let it go.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
You're absolutely right. I had no idea of who she was until ESPN talked about Osi applogizing for what he said to McCoy. The older I get the more it seems that civilization is turning into a modern day version of Demolition Man.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
You're absolutely right. I had no idea of who she was until ESPN talked about Osi applogizing for what he said to McCoy. The older I get the more it seems that civilization is turning into a modern day version of Demolition Man.

But at least in that scenario, all restaurants would be Taco Bell and I would be a very happy man. :)

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
No, because children aren't supposed to be full adults. When we dismiss women as "less than" people, we contribute to the problem.

I'm confused. Men aren't supposed to be women, just like children aren't supposed to be full adults.

And here is another fact: women are "less than" men when it comes to playing in the NFL. It isn't sexism that the NFL is all male. Really.

And it isn't sexism that the maternity ward is all women. When it comes to having babies, men are "less than women". Honest.

Its just reality. And denying reality is stupid.

Reaction Score
But at least in that scenario, all restaurants would be Taco Bell and I would be a very happy man. :)

Yeah, but what about those 3 shells in the bathrooms? What was up with that?

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I thought the P word was associated with being soft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
, it was a funny comment by Osi.

If you got offended or didn't think it was right, you probably are a .

Reaction Score
SDhusky has the right read on this. For all we know, Osi was giving him props for being the first woman in the NFL. If she's offended by the type of trashtalk that happens between football players maybe she chose the wrong profession.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom