Bring it on Clips!!! The Thunder are ready(with a little dose of UCONN Huskies on the side)!! | The Boneyard

Bring it on Clips!!! The Thunder are ready(with a little dose of UCONN Huskies on the side)!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
478499191-jeremy-lamb-hasheem-thabeet-and-caron-butler-gettyimages.jpg

GO HUSKIES!!!
2014 NCAA NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!
conn-14-mbb-champions-logo.png

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
I see one guy who is definitely on the Thunder, those other two I don't recognize.

Reaction Score
I see one guy who is definitely on the Thunder, those other two I don't recognize.

I am going to assume you are not kidding. Left to right Jeremy Lamb(UCONN last season 2011-2012), Hasheem Thabeet(UCONN last season 2008-09) and Caron Butler(UCONN last season 2001-2002). Caron is my all time favorite UCONN player. Caron has been an NBA starter for his entire career until being traded to the Thunder from the Bucks late this season. He was inserted into starting lineup for Games 6 & 7 of the first round of the playoffs; and has had a great impact. My guess he will start for remainder of playoffs. Jeremy is in his second year; and was getting considerably more playing time until about 2 months ago; and, imo, doing very well. But has been relegated to much fewer minutes of late and I'm not sure why(I will check it out). Hasheem Thabeet is currently the tallest active player in the NBA; and that his is only real claim to fame in the league. He is basically a mop up player; or gets minutes when virtually all of City's bigs are in foul trouble.

GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
I am going to assume you are not kidding. Left to right Jeremy Lamb(UCONN last season 2011-2012), Hasheem Thabeet(UCONN last season 2008-09) and Caron Butler(UCONN last season 2001-2002). Caron is my all time favorite UCONN player. Caron has been an NBA starter for his entire career until being traded to the Thunder from the Bucks late this season. He was inserted into starting lineup for Games 6 & 7 of the first round of the playoffs; and has had a great impact. My guess he will start for remainder of playoffs. Jeremy is in his second year; and was getting considerably more playing time until about 2 months ago; and, imo, doing very well. But has been relegated to much fewer minutes of late and I'm not sure why(I will check it out). Hasheem Thabeet is currently the tallest active player in the NBA; and that his is only real claim to fame in the league. He is basically a mop up player; or gets minutes when virtually all of City's bigs are in foul trouble.

Do you hear a strange buzzing sound? It may sound something like a "whoosh"?

Yeah,

That's the sound of that post going over your head.

caw

Reaction Score
Having Caron start won that series for them. Even though he's on the downswing of his career he's at least somewhat of an offensive threat out there. Against a bit weaker defense in LA maybe Lamb will get some tick.

Reaction Score
Looks like Lamb is taller than Butler there. Butler is list 6'7 and Lamb list 6'5

Reaction Score
#thunderup . Can't wait for the ibaka vs griffin saga to continue

Reaction Score
It's definitely disappointing that Lamb got completely booted from OKC's rotation. Guess he'll have to find yet another franchise for his opportunity.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It's definitely disappointing that Lamb got completely booted from OKC's rotation. Guess he'll have to find yet another franchise for his opportunity.

Not defending Brooks here, but isn't that pretty normal in the NBA? Rotations tighten up and experience wins out in Playoff time?

Reaction Score

Butler is gone after this year, unless the Thunder bring in another player nearing retirment that Brooks falls in love with, Lamb will have his minutes back again.

Nnocu

Poplar Poster
Reaction Score
Looks like Lamb is taller than Butler there. Butler is list 6'7 and Lamb list 6'5
I think they are both in the realm of 6'6"... maybe its the angle, or maybe Jeremy has actually grown

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
I am going to assume you are not kidding. Left to right Jeremy Lamb(UCONN last season 2011-2012), Hasheem Thabeet(UCONN last season 2008-09) and Caron Butler(UCONN last season 2001-2002).
Jeremy who? What? Am I on the Syracuse page?

Reaction Score
Is OKC now our favorite team? Of course until changes are made which is another reason I'm not fond of the NBA.

I will say I do enjoy it a little more as a neutral observer (thank you Knicks).

Reaction Score
I'm all in on the Clips. I know I'm in the minority, but between the Randolph suspension, the newspaper apologizing to Durant after his mother complained about the headline and Westbrook's constant mean-mugging I think I've reached my saturation point with OKC this year.

Reaction Score
^^^ I agree. Not to mention I really dislike seeing incompetent coaches succeed. Their owner also completely over Seattle. Go Clips!

Reaction Score
You and BigErn(one of the great 'Yard names by the by) are rooting against Caron, Jeremy & Hasheem and their chances to add a League ring to their respective trophy cabinets?! You are rooting against The UCONN Three becoming NBA Champions with all of the influence it would have on recruiting for KO?! ;-) Seriously, I have never seen, with the exception of Jordan(and excluding The King{gimme a break!!!}), a player(especially at his height) with the athleticism,versatility, and basketball skills of Durant. Westbrook can be grating and out of control at times; but is also a dazzling athlete and basketball player who is getting better defensively and becoming more consistent distributing the basketball. You could make arguments one way or the other about the players making or breaking Scott Brooks' reputation. But this is a real fun team to watch; and the OKC fan base is as close to a rabid college crowd as I've seen in the League(with the possible exceptions of Golden State and Portland).

GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
Yes, is the answer to your question.

I guess I'll just have to deal with the hit that Hasheem not winning a ring will have on recruiting, which I'm sure will be tremendous.

Reaction Score
Even though Caron has a ring, I'd love to see him play in the Finals.

I don't think he has many more chances.

Reaction Score
Yes, is the answer to your question.

I guess I'll just have to deal with the hit that Hasheem not winning a ring will have on recruiting, which I'm sure will be tremendous.

That is outstanding. You totally miss the point; and manage to insult Hasheem in the process. Good job!!!

GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
I insulted him on purpose. You think it has some impact on recruiting whether Hasheem wins a ring as the 12th man at the end of the bench, that's your prerogative. It's my prerogative to think that's stupid. As far as I can tell you're upset that I'm not rooting for the team you're rooting for. Too bad.

Reaction Score
I insulted him on purpose. You think it has some impact on recruiting whether Hasheem wins a ring as the 12th man at the end of the bench, that's your prerogative. It's my prerogative to think that's stupid. As far as I can tell you're upset that I'm not rooting for the team you're rooting for. Too bad.

Insulted him on purpose?! Yeah right!! Trying to back yourself out of your own nonsense is more like it. God you are a freakin' flaming .......pick one! I could give a rat's ass who you root for! And as I said my comment had NOTHING to do with any individual player. You can freakin read can't you?!! Or maybe it's the comprehending part? I wasn't upset. I am now; that I even bothered reacting to your idiotic comments. What a damn blowhole!!!

Reaction Score
Insulted him on purpose?! Yeah right!! Trying to back yourself out of your own nonsense is more like it. God you are a freakin' flaming ..pick one! I could give a rat's ass who you root for! And as I said my comment had NOTHING to do with any individual player. You can freakin read can't you?!! Or maybe it's the comprehending part? I wasn't upset. I am now; that I even bothered reacting to your idiotic comments. What a damn blowhole!!!

I can tell you're not upset.

U

UCONNfan1

The Clippers are in fact bringing it on.
I have to admit I almost always root for the Thunder, but in this case I'm a Clippers fan. I live in North County San Diego (Carlsbad) and have hated the Lakers for years and always had a soft spot for the pathetic Clippers. Still, think Durant is a class act, and one of my favorite superstars ever. Easy guy to root for...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom