Brimah Boxing Out | The Boneyard

Brimah Boxing Out

Reaction Score
Noticed much more effort in that area, good for him. And again I don't mean "effort" in that he doesn't play hard he just didn't always look to hit someone first seems he's getting it a little now. No reason for him not to average 8 boards a game, easy!

Reaction Score
He's been doing that for like two years now. It just gets noticed now because we won against a bad team.

Look, he's a limited player. He doesn't have the reflexes to snag those sharp caroms and he doesn't have the balance to fend off stronger guys like Clark. But rebounding is a tag team effort, and he soaks up bodies better than anybody else on the roster - a guy like Facey posts better rebounding numbers but doesn't do the same grunt work down low (which is fine, since he's a better natural rebounder). It's like an offensive line pathing the way for a running back.

We have a lot of problems and rebounding is a ways down the list.

Reaction Score
He's been doing that for like two years now. It just gets noticed now because we won against a bad team.

Look, he's a limited player. He doesn't have the reflexes to snag those sharp caroms and he doesn't have the balance to fend off stronger guys like Clark. But rebounding is a tag team effort, and he soaks up bodies better than anybody else on the roster - a guy like Facey posts better rebounding numbers but doesn't do the same grunt work down low (which is fine, since he's a better natural rebounder). It's like an offensive line pathing the way for a running back.

We have a lot of problems and rebounding is a ways down the list.

Facey only rebounds because he can actually read a rebound pretty well, gets up fast and gets over people a lot. He hardly ever puts a body on anyone. And I'm not so sure on the "soaks up bodies" thing here, it only takes on to keep AB way if you have position. But he's looking a little better lately than he ever has. Hope he keeps it up, he's impacting the team in a relatively consistent way os of late.

Reaction Score
Brimah has always been a total disaster against any quality front line.

Don't get overly excited. South Florida didn't fly up to CT on an 11 game winning streak.

Reaction Score
Dude is tall as hell. If he just blocks out, trust me he could average 10 boards a game. His thing was he wouldnt block out long enough. Now he blocks out damn near to the ball comes back yo the floor. Thats why his boards are increasing.

C

Chief00

I could break it down but why bother at this point? I can do either let me know?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It amazes how often athleticism has replaced fundamentals in every sport not just basketball. Successful rebounding is not just getting to the ball, it is also keeping your opponent from getting to the ball. A good box out does just that. Basically you sit your opposites thigh until the ball crosses your shoulder, then you release and go after the rebound. If a guy like Brimah did that everytime he'd be like a vacuum around the boards. Of course if he's doing that he's likely not in position for the block.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom