Brimah - AAC Defensive POY | The Boneyard

Brimah - AAC Defensive POY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No surprise, but congrats still in order!

He's a game changer.

Reaction Score
He is a terrible defender and worse rebounder. He goes for 10+ blocks a game and gets a few and so have a reputation for being an imposing defender. I don't think Jahil Okafor is too concerned or the UK front court, but in a crap conference like the AAC those don't matter.

But some shmo with a sideways avatar told me he was the worst defender of all time!

Reaction Score
He is a terrible defender and worse rebounder. He goes for 10+ blocks a game and gets a few and so have a reputation for being an imposing defender. I don't think Jahil Okafor is too concerned or the UK front court, but in a crap conference like the AAC those don't matter.

Leave it to the BY to criticize one of our most promising future players for winner a conference award.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

Not the thread for this.

Congratulate the guy and move on.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
And while few would put the words "sportsmanship" and "Memphis" together in the same sentence, Memphis forward Shaq Goodwin was chosen the winner of the league's Sportsmanship Award.

Reaction Score
Say what you want, but Brimah is a very good defensive player and he deserved this award, nobody else in the conference was worthy of it. Is he Emeka Okafor?? No hes not, but I bet there are a few dozen top Division 1 schools out there who would love to have him on their roster.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score

I've never seen someone here post as much as you and be so... moronic. That's saying something

Finally on ignore to preserve my sanity.

Reaction Score
Fair point, but the reality is does some agent try and get to him or his family and use this + the Coppin St game to try and convince him he can play at the next level now? I hope not.

I guess I'm suprised anyone really thinks he is a good, and I mean a complete, defender right now, I think he has huge promise, but needs 2 more years and lots of offseason work.

Not the thread for this.

Congratulate the guy and move on.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Fair point, but the reality is does some agent try and get to him or his family and use this + the Coppin St game to try and convince him he can play at the next level now? I hope not.

I guess I'm suprised anyone really thinks he is a good, and I mean a complete, defender right now, I think he has huge promise, but needs 2 more years and lots of offseason work.

He has a long way to go. The blocks make him a force, but it doesn't make him a complete defensive player.

I thought about bringing that into this thread, but in here let's just be happy for the kid. He works his off for UConn.

Reaction Score
I agree, he loves basketball and plays his heart out. He is still developing and will continue to.

He has a long way to go. The blocks make him a force, but it doesn't make him a complete defensive player.

I thought about bringing that into this thread, but in here let's just be happy for the kid. He works his off for UConn.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
But some shmo with a sideways avatar told me he was the worst defender of all time!
On behalf of everyone who has adopted sideways avatar mojo, 1) I'd like you to be more specific as to the shmo and 2) Please rotate Hilton for the cause.

Thanks.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
On behalf of everyone who has adopted sideways avatar mojo, 1) I'd like you to be more specific as to the shmo and 2) Please rotate Hilton for the cause.

Thanks.

You're in the clear, don't worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member