Bridgeport Post Game re the team staying on the floor w/Geno | The Boneyard

Bridgeport Post Game re the team staying on the floor w/Geno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I think we should all think about why our shared experience yesterday was so great in Bridgeport, and maybe consider looking critically at our games in Htfd and at Gampel. And also take a look at ourselves. Temple is an avg solid team and the game was not nationally televised. It was a blow out and yet it was electric from before the game thru the post game ceremonies on the floor. I will start with the post game ceremony as I think this type of "thing " would help us immensely if they incorporated it every game. For those of you not there, Geno did his thing with the Mic- which is awesome and we all look forward to his few words and jokes, when he gives out fan and student loyalty & appreciation gifts. But the winners were getting hugs from the team and pictures with the entire team, which all remained on the floor. The players were giving back heartfelt appreciation to the fans. Hardly anyone left prior to this entire "show"! I believe if this type of thing, the players remaining on floor, the fans getting to give another ovation for another excellent performance to the entire team and staff, would go a long way towards keeping the crowd in the stands till the end, and maybe bring in a few more fans. We have all gotten a bit more complacent at our normal venues, and not playing all our normal Big East foes is a little depressing. Go Huskies- Cream Baylor!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Geno said he liked the venue. In fact, I believe he said he wished there were a venue on campus like the one in Bridgeport. Gampel is old. It opened in 1990. That means it's almost 25 years old. Once the practice facility is completed, Gample should be given a complete face lift starting with the removal of the concrete seats. Honestly, if i were stuck sitting on those, i'd cancel my season tix immediately and stop going to games there all together.

Reaction Score
Geno said he liked the venue. In fact, I believe he said he wished there were a venue on campus like the one in Bridgeport. Gampel is old. It opened in 1990. That means it's almost 25 years old. Once the practice facility is completed, Gample should be given a complete face lift starting with the removal of the concrete seats. Honestly, if i were stuck sitting on those, i'd cancel my season tix immediately and stop going to games there all together.
The on-campus arena should have a hockey rink too. The only way to grow the Hockey East team we have. The XL is too inconvenient for students, especially during the week.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Eric- I don't think it's the small section of bleacher seats, or Gampel becoming a bit older. I think we would be better off if there was a logical mechanism to move people from up top Down to all the open lower seats that are very open during marginal games. That would help game atmosphere I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom