Breanna is unlikely to break Maya's scoring record but... | The Boneyard

Breanna is unlikely to break Maya's scoring record but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
...if Moria keeps up her 5.75 per game assist average she will pass DT for the school record in the 34th game of the season. If I didn't mis-count, and the Huskies win the AAC tournament, that would be the Sweet 16 game.

Cool.

Anyone know if any other school records are on the line this year?

Reaction Score
...if Moria keeps up her 5.75 per game assist average she will pass DT for the school record in the 34th game of the season. If I didn't mis-count, and the Huskies win the AAC tournament, that would be the Sweet 16 game.

Cool.

Might get tough with Stewie getting 10 a game. ;^)

Reaction Score
Lobo's block record is 396. I think Stewie has a chance for 400.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
DriveLH said:
Lobo's block record is 396. I think Stewie has a chance for 400.

I thought Kiah broke that last year?

Could be wrong

Reaction Score
Kiah holds the single season record, but Lobo holds the career. Kiah only blocked 325 shots, Kara is second with about 370. Right now, Stewie is fourth at 315.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
DobbsRover2 said:
Kiah broke the single season record with 147, but her career total at 325 was 71 shy of Lobo's 396.

Thanks! I knew she broke some sort of block record but couldn't recall.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Stewie has a real shot at Maya's single-season scoring record. That would be VERY impressive.

Reaction Score
Stewie has a real shot at Maya's single-season scoring record. That would be VERY impressive.
I agree that would be impressive, but I think I would rather see five players average in double figures. If my numbers are correct, Breanna would have to average 22.13 points over the next 31 games. Maya did not have as much talent around her in her senior year; this current UConn group could be the best ever, especially if the underclassmen continue to improve.

Reaction Score
I agree that would be impressive, but I think I would rather see five players average in double figures. If my numbers are correct, Breanna would have to average 22.13 points over the next 31 games. Maya did not have as much talent around her in her senior year; this current UConn group could be the best ever, especially if the underclassmen continue to improve.
Last season all five starters averaged double figures.
What would be really impressive would be five players with 400 points, 100 rebounds and 100 assists. We missed by one point last season ( Kia scored 399 points ).

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Single season assists - record 231 Sue Bird. Moriah would need to average 6.08 assists through 38 games so needs a slight increase which she might get if her teammates can make a few more layups and threes. At her current rate she will challenge for #2 Jen at 222. She would definitely become the fourth member of the 200 assist club (Diana at 208 being the other.)

1500/600/350 - points/assists/steals - Moriah should become the first member of this club, the third member of the 1500/600/300 club (Jen/Maya)

400/200/100/100 - points/assists/rebounds/steals in a season - Moriah would become the second member of this club, joining Jen.

A/TO ratio - unofficial as I cannot find a team record, but checking on those with 500 assists, Moriah even at her uncharacteristically high turnover rate this year, should own the best A/TO career ratio, and likely the best single season rate ever for someone with a minimum of 150 assists at last year's 3.08.

2500/400/400/200 - Points/Assists/Blocks/Steals - Stewart could conceivably reach those numbers - unique not just at Uconn but in all of WCBB -the 300/300 blocks/assists already guarantee that, but adding points and steals and reaching 400/400 just shows what an incredibly rounded player she is.

Reaction Score
Last season all five starters averaged double figures.
What would be really impressive would be five players with 400 points, 100 rebounds and 100 assists. We missed by one point last season ( Kia scored 399 points ).
Last year all five starters averaged double figures.....with Breanna scoring 17.6 per game, which is almost five points less per game than she needs to break Maya's single-season record. When this UConn team is playing its best, there is more balanced scoring.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I agree about the balanced scoring being better for the team, but Stewie is hitting threes and getting FTs, so she can score 20 points on 8-12 FGAs. She's ON FIRE! She's also racking up assists, block, and steals at an impressive rate recently. She's dead serious about being the best she can be ... or maybe the best ANYONE can be. Sue must be thinking that she'll prolong her career to see Stewie grow in the W. I predict playoffs for a team with Stewie, Jewell, Kaleena, and Sue.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I agree about the balanced scoring being better for the team, but Stewie is hitting threes and getting FTs, so she can score 20 points on 8-12 FGAs. She's ON FIRE! She's also racking up assists, block, and steals at an impressive rate recently. She's dead serious about being the best she can be ... or maybe the best ANYONE can be. Sue must be thinking that she'll prolong her career to see Stewie grow in the W. I predict playoffs for a team with Stewie, Jewell, Kaleena, and Sue.
She is definitely playing very efficiently and shooting better than she has and shooting at significantly higher percentages than in previous years - as in around 10 percentage points overall and from three. She has only taken one shot per game more than she has averaged for her career and one shot less per game than she did as a sophomore. And she is currently playing about 4 minutes more per game than her career average, so shots per minutes played is lower.
And having four double digit scores proves that scoring is still pretty well distributed - with some rotation in the fifth starter and a bench that is playing a more significant role offensively, the 'fifth starter' may remain where they are now in the 9 point per game range. Add in what will likely be a less competitive conference schedule with correspondingly fewer minutes for starters, Stewart's ppg average may dip some from its current lofty heights.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Kiah broke the single season record with 147, but her career total at 325 was 71 shy of Lobo's 396.
I have to think that Kiah would be first for blocks per minutes played. She played a lot less minutes than Rebecca.

HGN

Reaction Score

Cool.

Moriah needs some Kaleena like shot-making from teammates to get the Assist record I believe.... Right now I don't think the Huskies are hitting at a pace that can get her the 5+ assists necessary. I give her about 4/game . But if Lou , Chong , and Kia start warming up , who knows. I would love for her to be in that 1--4 spot in assist at UConn............ It would only be fitting.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
The only record that Breanna and Moriah care about is getting #4 and that's a club that only the two of them and Morgan Tuck will be in.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
Moriah needs some Kaleena like shot-making from teammates to get the Assist record I believe.... Right now I don't think the Huskies are hitting at a pace that can get her the 5+ assists necessary. I give her about 4/game . But if Lou , Chong , and Kia start warming up , who knows. I would love for her to be in that 1--4 spot in assist at UConn.. It would only be fitting.

The 5.75 average was for the games they've played thus far this season (7.08 per 40 minutes).

She averaged 4.9/game last year in 28.7 minutes (6.82 per 40 minutes).

This year's team is shooting better (54.7% to 54.0%) than last year's team.

It's possible.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Cool.

Where is Nineteenninetyfive when you need him?:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer