Breaking News! | The Boneyard

Breaking News!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This day has no breaking news.:) After a week of turmoil things have been eerily quiet on the realignment front.

Amazingly the hot spot for this topic, a place bearing the moniker "The Boneyard's Conference Realignment Board", has subsided in activity as well.

An unnamed source has attributed this sudden drop of frenetic activity to be the consequence of a gag order on all cartoonish caricature types.

On a related front ESPN had reported seeing a man with a baseball bat taking practice swings in front of ESPN's Bristol offices. This person was seen wearing a Simpson shirt and had been reported to shout , "down with the BE destroyers".

Security had been requested. Governor Malloy had sent national guard troops to Bristol. He also requested UConn President Sue Herbst to appear in an attempt to have a face to face with the protestor. This angry fellow supposedly screamed at Ms. Herbst to stop being ridiculous with *ss kissing a man who would only reject such behavior (the *ss kissing) and turn her attention to her current peers and start *ss kissing them. He repeated this several hundred times until his voice went hoarse. He then began to sign his demands, but confused the motion of "liking someone" with a sexual gesture of derogatory meaning. That prompted Ms. Herbst to slug said Dude knocking him out with one punch.

As he fell to the ground Ms. Herbst was heard to have said I know how to handle problems. With that the National Guard took the Simpson character into custody, and Presidents of Universities immediately tweeted to one another their dread of having to have face to face meetings with the UConn President in the future.

Reaction Score
This day has no breaking news.:) After a week of turmoil things have been eerily quiet on the realignment front.

Amazingly the hot spot for this topic, a place bearing the moniker "The Boneyard's Conference Realignment Board", has subsided in activity as well.

An unnamed source has attributed this sudden drop of frenetic activity to be the consequence of a gag order on all cartoonish caricature types.

On a related front ESPN had reported seeing a man with a baseball bat taking practice swings in front of ESPN's Bristol offices. This person was seeb wearing a Simpson shirt and had been reported to shout , "down with the BE destroyers".

Security had been requested. Governor Malloy had sent national guard troops to Bristol. He also requested UConn President Sue Herbst to appear in an attempt to have a face to face with the protestor. This angry fellow supposedly screamed at Ms. Herbst to stop being ridiculous with *ss kissing a man who would only reject such behavior (the *ss kissing) and turn her attention to her current peers and start *ss kissing them. He repeated this several hundred times until his voice went hoarse. He then began to sign his demands, but confused the motion of "liking someone" with a sexual gesture of derogatory meaning. That prompted Ms. Herbst to slug said Dude knocking him out with one punch.

As he fell to the ground Ms. Herbst was heard to have said I know how to handle problems. With that the National Guard took the Simpson character into custody, and Presidents of Universities immediately tweeted to one another their dread of having to face to face meetings with the UConn President in the future.

productive day at work?

Reaction Score
Well, at least you didn't give us the you can save fifteen percent or more by switching to Geico line.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Well, at least you didn't give us the you can save fifteen percent or more by switching to Geico line.
I expect to get a lot of grief for this. But if we all can't take a momentary chill pill we're all scr*wed. So hopefully after the initial burn people will get a momentary laugh even if my humor is pedantic.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
And in my defense I waited to break this horrid piece on a Friday to minimize impact.

Reaction Score
Don't feel bad, I considered using the Geico line myself.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Maybe UConn should send BCU a care package. That might turn things around.

Reaction Score
Well...obviously you know that once you cry wolf...the attention paid to your posts drops. Hope the attention you're getting is worth it! Of course, the only thing saving you now is that you sound like all the local newscasts!! Worthless headlines of "breaking news"! lol

Reaction Score
For what it's worth, the Drummond news broke on a Friday right around this time...

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Maybe UConn should send BCU a care package. That might turn things around.
Glad to see you're being a good sport about things. I read so many of your posts, I became more familiar with you than any other poster. So you gave me the most ammo.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Well...obviously you know that once you cry wolf...the attention paid to your posts drops. Hope the attention you're getting is worth it! Of course, the only thing saving you now is that you sound like all the local newscasts!! Worthless headlines of "breaking news"! lol
I was most certainly aware of this possibility. I've been to more than one funeral and have been the guy who got the strange looks because he somehow saw the beauty of the afterlife and decided that there was a place for humor in the eyes of the creator even in death. And there were more than a few lost relationships as a result of said behavior. But those that stuck with me more than made up for things. C'est la vie ou c'est la morte. We live or die with who we are and I unfortunately have a threshold in my serious nature which, when reached, necessitates a long period of hibernation or a short period of humor to refresh my mind. And things are too serious and important for a long hiatus.

Reaction Score
I was most certainly aware of this possibility. I've been to more than one funeral and have been the guy who got the strange looks because he somehow saw the beauty of the afterlife and decided that there was a place for humor in the eyes of the creator even in death. And there were more than a few lost relationships as a result of said behavior. But those that stuck with me more than made up for things. C'est la vie ou c'est la morte. We live or die with who we are and I unfortunately have a threshold in my serious nature which, when reached, necessitates a long period of hibernation or a short period of humor to refresh my mind. And things are too serious and important for a long hiatus.

I hear you...humor is a good thing! I like it too. It's just that after you've encountered a few of these false alarms..or other worthless posts (not yours by the way..til this one..lol) , you have little empathy for the poster at that point. You seem like a good guy though...so we'll chalk it up to humor. lol ;)

Reaction Score
Humor is funny. This is not. A bit childish and attention seeking IMHO.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I hear you...humor is a good thing! I like it too. It's just that after you've encountered a few of these false alarms..or other worthless posts (not yours by the way..til this one..lol) , you have little empathy for the poster at that point. You seem like a good guy though...so we'll chalk it up to humor. lol ;)
Thanks for the kind words.

I've been a lurker on the football board for a long time. I live in ACC/SEC country and don't get a lot of UConn football games. And my knowledge of football isn't sophisticated like a lot of the football posters. There isn't much I can contribute but some generic stuff. As my sig suggests, I've followed the Boneyard through three locations and have been a longtime bb poster.

The men's bb forum has evolved. Originally there were mostly sophisticated posts that super analyzed everything with very intelligent people debating everything but in a very analytical and detailed manner. The forum still has these type of posters but with the success of men's bb there has also been an increase of emotional posters who tend to think things out less thoughtfully. The football forum is almost like a throwback for me. There's a lot of good stuff discussed and I've learned a lot. It has kept me informed.

I've always been a UConn fan for all sports, but most recently had the opportunity to put more time into watching the football program and this football forum.

The upshot is I would hate to see the football progression stop. So I've been watching realignment events seriously. I can feel the football fans pain. So I've joined in with the frenetic discussions of realignment. I took this chance of humor even though I'm not in the brotherhood of football contributors, always a dangerous move for an outlier to partake in. But it was not meant out of disrespect. It was intended to break some tension which I know I'm feeling and many others must be feeling as well.

Certainly there are some people who lack humor altogether. And there are some people in which certain circumstances, of which this realignment process might be one, who would not appreciate this humor now. But my guess is most people can appreciate it so I went for the long pass.

Reaction Score
The men's bb forum has evolved. Originally there were mostly sophisticated posts that super analyzed everything with very intelligent people debating everything but in a very analytical and detailed manner. The forum still has these type of posters but with the success of men's bb there has also been an increase of emotional posters who tend to think things out less thoughtfully. The football forum is almost like a throwback for me. There's a lot of good stuff discussed and I've learned a lot. It has kept me informed.

I think this is partly true. Things have changed.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the kind words.

I've been a lurker on the football board for a long time. I live in ACC/SEC country and don't get a lot of UConn football games. And my knowledge of football isn't sophisticated like a lot of the football posters. There isn't much I can contribute but some generic stuff. As my sig suggests, I've followed the Boneyard through three locations and have been a longtime bb poster.

I've always been a UConn fan for all sports, but most recently had the opportunity to put more time into watching the football program and this football forum.

The upshot is I would hate to see the football progression stop. So I've been watching realignment events seriously. I can feel the football fans pain. So I've joined in with the frenetic discussions of realignment. I took this chance of humor even though I'm not in the brotherhood of football contributors, always a dangerous move for an outlier to partake in. But it was not meant out of disrespect. It was intended to break some tension which I know I'm feeling and many others must be feeling as well.

Certainly there are some people who lack humor altogether. And there are some people in which certain circumstances, of which this realignment process might be one, who would not appreciate this humor now. But my guess is most people can appreciate it so I went for the long pass.

Nice to hear the background info..I'll keep reading your posts.

With the stakes so high, I think everyone IS on edge. After our admission into the BE, this has to be considered the second biggest thing to ever hit UConn athletics as a program. Many are anticipating any kind of news that could give clues. Here's hoping that we get some soon. The good thing for us is that we have Susan Herbst in charge. I know that no option will go unexplored by her or her team. Simultaneously, she seems to be handling everything coming her way as if she is the most experienced deal-maker out there. I'm confident we'll end up with the best resolution possible. We're lucky to have her!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom