Breaking News: Yuengling to CT... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Breaking News: Yuengling to CT...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You always want something you can't have. Reminds me of days when Coors had to shipped cold and was hard to get..

Once you can get it easily, it's not so great anymore...

No it's just not very good to begin with. The following this beer has astounds me.

Reaction Score
I live in PA and Yuengling is if fairly popular here. If you walk into a bar and order a lager, they know to give you a Yuengling.

Anyway, my family in CT would come down to visit and my stepfather loved it, but he couldn't get the name right. He kept calling it Yangzinger. Every time he came for a visit he would have to take at least 1 case back with him because they didn't have it in CT. I always wondered if the reason that he couldn't find it up there was because he would be asking for Yangzinger.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Was watching the NBC-30 newscast while having breakfast. Their sign off story before turning over to the Today show was that Yuengling Brewing has decided to return distribution to Connecticut by the summer. In light of this momentous report, I propose that Opening Night against BYU be Boneyard-Yuengling Tailgate Night. The hoops board has adopted Rolling Rock, we can advocate The country's oldest brewery!

Best News Ever.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Why not support some of your local CT breweries that are actually quite good, namely, NEBC.

By the way, is Ghandi Bot out right now? Never had it and I'm visiting the folks this weekend, want to know if I can get it at Crazy Bruce's.
I was told in a West Hartford packy that Ghandi Bot is more easily found in the stores in the New Haven area. A little of it makes its way up here. i haven't seen it but have only been looking for a month or so.

Reaction Score
Penalty! Maybe Naggy lager or light, which is fairly generic, but their seasonals/specialties (Bock, Fest, Summer) are all pretty damned good.[/quote]

naggy octoberfest is, and will forever be, the worst tasting thing I have ever put in my mouth

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I agree with the sentiment that this is 10 years too late. The market isn't looking for another beer in the Bud category. I couldn't understand why I could get Yuengling in Key West but not Connecticut. But the moment is passed now that I can get Dogfish Head and Lagunitas in my local watering holes.

Reaction Score
Yuengling must have a great marketing strategy, it's nothing to write home about (ala Corona). Now if somebody brought Heffenreffer back, that would be news.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Yuengling must have a great marketing strategy, it's nothing to write home about (ala Corona). Now if somebody brought Heffenreffer back, that would be news.
The green death is out there my friend, and rebus puzzles be damned!

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I really dislike craft beers and primarily drink what most would consider crap beer. Yuengling is a little step up fromthe Miller lite and Budweisers so I really like it.

I do have to say while I don't like craft beer, I'm not hating on it. I have a couple buddies into it and I see the allure just not my cup of tea ( or beer).

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Why not support some of your local CT breweries that are actually quite good, namely, NEBC.

By the way, is Ghandi Bot out right now? Never had it and I'm visiting the folks this weekend, want to know if I can get it at Crazy Bruce's.

a few more weeks

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Yuengling is fine for what it is. Not great beer, but a small step up from Bud -- at least the Black and Tan is. And they haven't been bought by InBev or whoever (as far as I've heard), unlike Rolling Rock or Pabst.

I sometimes go for a Rheingold, another old timey beer that was revived for the ironic hipsters. But Rheingold probably isn't any better than your average p*$$ beer. For whatever reason, they're available in New London, Middlesex Fairfield and Hartford counties only. I saw, but didn't buy a Gennesee at the store... not the cream ale, another one. And I haven't tried a Ballantine's either yet but eventually those will be in the fridge... next to the Ommegang Hennepin farmhouse style Saison.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Yuengling is fine for what it is. Not great beer, but a small step up from Bud -- at least the Black and Tan is. And they haven't been bought by InBev or whoever (as far as I've heard), unlike Rolling Rock or Pabst.

I sometimes go for a Rheingold, another old timey beer that was revived for the ironic hipsters. But Rheingold probably isn't any better than your average p* beer. For whatever reason, they're available in New London, Middles e x Fairfield and Hartford counties only. I saw, but didn't buy a Gennesee at the store... not the cream ale, another one. And I haven't tried a Ballantine's either yet but eventually those will be in the fridge... next to the Ommegang Hennepin farmhouse style Saison.
I used to drink the Genny beer (white can, red label) sometimes in college, never really liked the cream. My roomie at UConn used to get cases of Ballantines at Yankee spirits for about 5 bucks. Horrendous.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Down here it was whatever they could buy by the pallet... National Bohemian, Olympia, Schmidt's Light (for when Pabst BR is just too damn expensive)..

Because I live in PA, Yeungling is on tap EVERYWHERE... I like it better than Bud, etc. so if they don't have a lot of choice it fits the bill.

Reaction Score
Yeah Yeungling is one small step above Budweiser, still in the same cheapbutdrinkableandgetsyoudrunk tier. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Reaction Score
Just had some Firefly Hollow over the weekend, it was pretty alright. Also had a New England Brewing Galaxy Pale Ale which was tremendous.

Good job home state.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
I could kill for a wide mouth Hull's Export beer right now! BTW, I always wondered where they exported that crap to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom