2025 Recruiting: - Braylon Mullins Visiting (6/24) | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Braylon Mullins Visiting (6/24)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The same Purdue that only took 7 3's in a National Championship game? Shooters dream right there
Our defense might've had something to do with that. I think Painter expected us to double Edey. When that didn't happen they struggled to get open looks.

Reaction Score
Our defense might've had something to do with that. I think Painter expected us to double Edey. When that didn't happen they struggled to get open looks.
So you're saying in the biggest game, the Purdue staff did not adjust well when a team didn't do exactly what they expected them to do. ;)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So you're saying in the biggest game, the Purdue staff did not adjust well when a team didn't do exactly what they expected them to do. ;)

Purdue's staff absolutely mailed in game planning. As did Illinois'.

Two B1G teams whose coaches didn't even try to game prep or adjust in-game.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yes, yes I am.

(Or alternatively, I am saying they adjusted about as well as Nick Charlton did last year after the first set of downs.)

Reaction Score
Right, but that goes to my point that coaching at Purdue is not even close to our level. No one is choosing Purdue and Painter over Hurley and UConn unless you are a 7' giant who wants the ball in your hands every single possession

Reaction Score

It was the complete lack of adjustment that struck me... I 100% get "playing your game." But when it's not working you have to make some changes and not just state "if he blocks 100, he blocks 100." It was asinine. Both games were actually somewhat close at the half but the momentum had already begun to shift in both and there was no attempt to really change up anything as the leads ballooned. I think in the midst of the 30-0 run you started to see Illinois bail on the "drive at the mountain of a human" rationale but by then it was far too late.

Reaction Score
Right, but that goes to my point that coaching at Purdue is not even close to our level. No one is choosing Purdue and Painter over Hurley and UConn unless you are a 7' giant who wants the ball in your hands every single possession
Painter is an extremely good coach. He's been KenPom top 30 in 15 of the last 18 years. Top 10 six times, four without Edey.

Purdue is in Indiana. The kid is from Indiana an hour and a half from Purdue's campus. He could choose Hurley and UConn, for sure, for all the obvious reasons. But it's not like Painter hasn't had success with guards. Braden Smith, Jaden Ivey, Carsen Edwards, E'Twaun Moore, etc.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Painter is an extremely good coach. He's been KenPom top 30 in 15 of the last 18 years. Top 10 six times, four without Edey.

Purdue is in Indiana. The kid is from Indiana an hour and a half from Purdue's campus. He could choose Hurley and UConn, for sure, for all the obvious reasons. But it's not like Painter hasn't had success with guards. Braden Smith, Jaden Ivey, Carsen Edwards, E'Twaun Moore, etc.
Yeah, I don't get the UConn fans who act like other major, successful programs aren't attractive. They are. My hope here is that the kid won't want to be that close to home.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I don't get the UConn fans who act like other major, successful programs aren't attractive. They are. My hope here is that the kid won't want to be that close to home.
Great point. We are not the only great program out there. To think otherwise would be foolish. But objectively speaking, there is a marked difference between the offense that we run, and the offense that everybody else runs.

Reaction Score

For most of us, it's just part of the BY UConn Fan schtick...

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

What were they suppose to do? It’s extremely difficult to win a game when you simply cannot get layups at the rim. Clingan was a cheat code for us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom