Bracketology - week of March 11 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Bracketology - week of March 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Not true. Gonzaga will not only be selected, they'll be a 4 or 5 seed. Princeton and UNLV would also be in the tournament even if they'd lost.

"One of the criteria" does not equate to "deciding criterion".
So you are in favor of teams that can't have a winning record in their own conference getting in without winning their tournament. Both Arizona and Miami have losing conference records.
Are you saying a maximum of 2 teams per conference?

There's 32 conferences and maybe half the regular season winners won the tournament so there wouldn't be enough teams to fill the 68 team bracket. But maybe I'm misunderstanding you.
No I believe that the MAX should be no more than 7 from any conference and none with a losing Conference record unless they win the conference tournament.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Ok, so here's a look at the AQ vs regular season champs. Out of 32 leagues, 19 teams won both the RS and conference tourney.
1710708990536.jpeg

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
So you are in favor of teams that can't have a winning record in their own conference getting in without winning their tournament. Both Arizona and Miami have losing conference records.

No I believe that the MAX should be no more than 7 from any conference and none with a losing Conference record unless they win the conference tournament.
I'm not in favor or disfavor per se. I'm just speaking of how the committee tends to see things. Projection and advocacy are two different things.

If more-exclusionary criteria such as what you propose were to be adopted, it would need to be done between seasons and not on the eve of selection.

Reaction Score
Late season injuries are never confirmed so the committee can't use them.
I read somewhere that they don’t use injuries to determine who’s in the field — they focus on the entire season as a résumé of work. But they can use them to fine tune the seeding.

I think you must be right especially in cases where the coaches don’t reveal the extent of very late season injuries. But I’m also thinking of a case like Aubrey, who helped us win some OOC games, like the Louisville game, and is no longer available. This is different from the injuries to Azzi Ayanna Caroline or Jana, which were known very early. Data alone doesn’t fully capture the impact of losing Aubrey to the team.

Reaction Score
Sure, should be no problem ...

Conor Mcgregor Mma GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

Maybe UConn can get some breaks like in 2013.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I think it's the easiest bracket that they could wish for. I just feel sorry for all of the fans that bought tickets for Albany.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Ok, so here's a look at the AQ vs regular season champs. Out of 32 leagues, 19 teams won both the RS and conference tourney.
View attachment 97796
You tricked me...why is the SEC above the line? :)

But seriously, I really, really appreciate the work that you put into every table you create!

Reaction Score
I am genuinely pleased with our bracket. I was expecting the post-season to end somewhat early due to running into a post we just couldn’t compete with height wise. However, we avoided Cardoso of South Carolina, Brinks of Stanford, Beers of Oregon State, and Betts of UCLA until at least the F4. Marshall of USC is good — and 6’4 — but the biggest thing I saw derailing a potential run was a height disadvantage. That aside, I’d give our talent a fighting chance head for head against anyone else.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The bracket is announced. There is no more bracketology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads