Bracketology - week of Feb 27 | The Boneyard

Bracketology - week of Feb 27

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
No new ins/outs in top 16. Official NCAA reveal this Thursday.

Per Charlie:
Several games this week will impact the NCAA selection committee's reveal of its top 16 seeds Thursday and possibly even what happens on Selection Sunday. Texas will play at Oklahoma on Wednesday in what likely will decide the Big 12 regular-season championship and have major implications for whether the Longhorns can hold down the final No. 1 seed. Stanford can clinch the final Pac-12 title with a win at Oregon State on Thursday or at Oregon on Saturday. But the Cardinal's chances of locking up a top seed in the NCAA tournament might come down to what happens in Corvallis. Virginia Tech is a team that could steal a No. 1 seed from either Texas or Stanford, but the Hokies probably must prevail at Notre Dame on Thursday to do it.
1709075070150.jpeg

1709075114691.jpeg

Reaction Score
Wow! Interesting to think what will happen if Texas, Stanford, and West Virginia all lose this week! Still a lot of things that can happen before we get a final bracket! That’s good as it gives me something else to look for other than “Strong to UConn!“ Both of those two possibilities could have a big effect on Women’s College Basketball but one of them will have a far greater effect on me! I’ll leave it to others to guess which one! :rolleyes:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Wow! Interesting to think what will happen if Texas, Stanford, and West Virginia all lose this week! Still a lot of things that can happen before we get a final bracket! That’s good as it gives me something else to look for other than “Strong to UConn!“ Both of those two possibilities could have a big effect on Women’s College Basketball but one of them will have a far greater effect on me! I’ll leave it to others to guess which one! :rolleyes:

What does West Virginia possibly losing have to do with UConn

Reaction Score
possible (3) UConn vs (2) Iowa...hmm
I think that'll be a great game (if it happens). And I think UConn's defense can handle Clark. I think UConn's offense will be too much for Iowa.

Reaction Score
I think that'll be a great game (if it happens). And I think UConn's defense can handle Clark. I think UConn's offense will be too much for Iowa.
Yes. It is a lot harder for Clark to get open or to make three pointers when an opposing player (Nika) is glued to her face.

Reaction Score
This is the first really bad matchup bracket they have had so far. The good news is UConn will move up a couple more spots if they don't lose before the NCAA's. They need to be in that 2-3 overall seed bracket so they don't end up playing Stanford or South Carolina before the final.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
There is no way in heck that UConn is going to be the #3 in Portland and Oregon State the #3 in Albany. The committee will find a way to have those two switched because of attendance.
I agree. In this particular projected seeding, it would have required sending either USC or UCLA out to Albany as a 2 seed in order to make room for Oregon State as a 3 seed in Portland. But I believe the committee would do so.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Of course, CC goes off schedule and updates Bracketology before tonight's reveal (6:30 ESPN). Indiana back in and KSU out of top 16. It will be interesting to see the similarities of CC's post today and the reveal tonight. And GHM if he does another update tomorrow, LOL.

On Thursday, the NCAA tournament selection committee will reveal its top 16 seeds for the second time this season. These will be the final clues from the committee before Selection Sunday, and there are some interesting questions to be answered. After so many teams losses in the last two weeks by top-16 teams, or teams just outside that group, does Gonzaga move in to a top-four seed? How far does Colorado, a No. 1 seed in the last reveal, fall following a four-game losing streak, albeit against teams all in the top 20 of the NET? Who gets the fourth No. 1 seed? And does Stanford even survive and stay on the top line after losing to Arizona? Will the Pac-12 have five teams in the top 16? These are the things we'll be watching.
1709216945630.jpeg

1709216972785.jpeg

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
USC as overall 4 and UcLA as 8 is laughably awful.
I don’t know. USC has the best player in the conference, and the entire Pac12 continues to beat up on each other, with no team having fewer than 3 losses (Stanford) in conference play. Overall, Stanford has 4 losses; UCLA, USC, OSU (5); CO (7); Utah (8). All those teams will be invited to the Big Dance, with AZ on the bubble. The entire Pac12 is either really good or really mediocre……

Reaction Score
I don’t know. USC has the best player in the conference, and the entire Pac12 continues to beat up on each other, with no team having fewer than 3 losses (Stanford) in conference play. Overall, Stanford has 4 losses; UCLA, USC, OSU (5); CO (7); Utah (8). All those teams will be invited to the Big Dance, with AZ in the bubble.

Sorry my post wasn’t clear. PAC is great. No problem with the rank levels — it’s the 4 spot gap between USC and UCLA. I still think UCLA is better but could take USC at 5 and UCLA at 6. But 4 and 8? No way.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Well...according to the latest bracketing [today Thursday]...they still have us in the Portland
region: Stanford/Texas/UConn/Indiana.

Oregon State in the 3 slot in Albany. Many important games to go....but this cannot stand.

Reaction Score
STILL Way too early.

games to be played the next two weeks will devastate these predictions

SCar 1
Gonzaga 16

That's as far as I will go at this point and even that is somewhat shaky, SCar can take an SEC tourney loss. But a loss to Arkansas and/or Tennessee in the remaining regular season games followed by an SEC tourney loss could knock them to a two seed.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Duke v Iowa would be an interesting match between 2 teams that both score 50 points a game. (Iowa does it in each half.)

And Duke is capable of holding a team to 50 per game, and Iowa is capable of holding a team to 50 per half.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Sorry my post wasn’t clear. PAC is great. No problem with the rank levels — it’s the 4 spot gap between USC and UCLA. I still think UCLA is better but could take USC at 5 and UCLA at 6. But 4 and 8? No way.
I don't understand the rationale there either.

Two weeks ago UCLA was #7 and USC was #9.

Since then, UCLA lost on a buzzer beater at Oregon State, and then beat Utah and Colorado at home, while USC beat Oregon State sans Beers, beat Colorado, but lost at home to Utah.

I'm not at all seeing how these results push USC ahead of UCLA in the seeding order.

Reaction Score
UConn moves up to 10 in latest NCAA Tournament reveal. Positioned in Portland 4 with UCLA as 1, Virginia Tech as 2 and Gonzaga as 4.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Here you go. The latest reveal. Interesting to see the reveal on 2/15, CC's take today, and then the NCAA reveal. Lots of games to play before Selection Sunday.
1709252306608.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom