BR Early BE rankings | The Boneyard

BR Early BE rankings

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Pretty good write up, I think we’re better than Seton Hall and Creighton though over a full season. Our backcourt is heavily underrated, Creighton’s is overrated with the loss of Alexander.

Reaction Score
Pretty good write up, I think we’re better than Seton Hall and Creighton though over a full season. Our backcourt is heavily underrated, Creighton’s is overrated with the loss of Alexander.
Seton Hall is going to turn some heads. They look like an NBA team when they get off the bus. They have size and are long. Mamu 6'10 definitely comes in as a late first Rd pick and BE player of the yr canidate. Rhoden, 6'7 showed major flashes last yr, but I like 6'9 Samuel who will be in his second yr. This guy is long, they play him at the 3 and 4. He can dribble, attack and shoot (Major NBA potential) They replace Gill with Ike who is 7'1 and blocks everything. Cale 6'6 who underperformed last season will get more touches with Powell gone and be a lead player for BE defensive player of the year. Molson 6'6 gives them another wing with size and who can score. Add Aiken and they can beat anyone.

Reaction Score
I like your optimism, but very low chance we finish the year above Creighton.

Yes, losing Alexander to the draft is a big blow, but they still return so many players from last year led by Marcus Zegarowski. Add in Ballock, Jefferson, Bishop and Mahoney and those five players averaged 60 ppg last year.

What was Creighton's biggest issue last year? Interior presence on defense. 6'11 Jacob Epperson is hopefully back from injury and incoming 6'11 freshman Ryan Kalkbrenner is a four-star recruit. Between those two players, you get the program's best two prospects of all time, according to 247. Add in Memphis transfer Antwan Jones and you get a frontcourt that should be much better and should lighten the load on Christian Bishop (6'7) and Denzel Mahoney (6'5) who combined to play about 70% of their teams minutes at the 5.

Creighton is clearly the 2nd best team in the Big East behind Nova, but you can argue UConn has a shot for the 3rd best team along with Xavier, Seton Hall and Providence.

Reaction Score
I t
I like your optimism, but very low chance we finish the year above Creighton.

Yes, losing Alexander to the draft is a big blow, but they still return so many players from last year led by Marcus Zegarowski. Add in Ballock, Jefferson, Bishop and Mahoney and those five players averaged 60 ppg last year.

What was Creighton's biggest issue last year? Interior presence on defense. 6'11 Jacob Epperson is hopefully back from injury and incoming 6'11 freshman Ryan Kalkbrenner is a four-star recruit. Between those two players, you get the program's best two prospects of all time, according to 247. Add in Memphis transfer Antwan Jones and you get a frontcourt that should be much better and should lighten the load on Christian Bishop (6'7) and Denzel Mahoney (6'5) who combined to play about 70% of their teams minutes at the 5.

Creighton is clearly the 2nd best team in the Big East behind Nova, but you can argue UConn has a shot for the 3rd best team along with Xavier, Seton Hall and Providence.
I think that second spot is up for grabs. That TSA loss for Creighton was huge. Not only is he a playmaker and can shoot, he was the BE Def player of the year. He can take out the other teams best player, ask Powell, Duke and Howard (still scored like 30+ but took like 40 shots) Zeg and Ballock are good but can definitely be liabilities on the defensive end. As far as Epperson, he has good size, but the last time I seen him in BE action he was getting bullied. Mahoney is good and I like Jefferson, but TSA made them go defensive end.

Reaction Score
They also said Providence’s Noah Horchler is Australian. He is from Melbourne Beach, Florida.
That's hilarious. Who is Brian Foley? He needs a geography lesson!

I think we all would be very happy to finish 4th in the BE next season. That would be a big step in the right direction.

Reaction Score
That's hilarious. Who is Brian Foley? He needs a geography lesson!

I think we all would be very happy to finish 4th in the BE next season. That would be a big step in the right direction.
A winning conference record should please us. Conference is going to be tougher than most think.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
UConn will be good but not Seton Hall, Creighton or Nova good
Unless those teams suffer some injuries to key players
All the NBE teams picked up some outstanding incoming Frosh, xfers and JUCOs
It won't be nearly as easy as some here seem to be thinking
Replacing CV and, yes, AG will be not be easy
I look to be competitive and shoot for the middle of the NBE pack in the 1st year will be good - hell thats where they ended up in the AAC every year
It will be exciting - that is for sure

Reaction Score
UConn will be good but not Seton Hall, Creighton or Nova good
Unless those teams suffer some injuries to key players
All the NBE teams picked up some outstanding incoming Frosh, xfers and JUCOs
It won't be nearly as easy as some here seem to be thinking
Replacing CV and, yes, AG will be not be easy
I look to be competitive and shoot for the middle of the NBE pack in the 1st year will be good - hell thats where they ended up in the AAC every year
It will be exciting - that is for sure
Why won't we be Seton Hall good? Creighton lost Tyshon Alexander, I think they're slightly overrated. Nova is beyond legit, especially if Bey comes back. I expect us to be a top 20-15 team

Reaction Score
Why won't we be Seton Hall good? Creighton lost Tyshon Alexander, I think they're slightly overrated. Nova is beyond legit, especially if Bey comes back. I expect us to be a top 20-15 team
They're losing 3 starters and it's their 3 top players from last year. They won't be bad but it's definitely a question of how good

Reaction Score
I don't think goodman deserves his own thread so I'll put this here:

He has UConn at #40 in his pre-season Top-50

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog