Boykin was the consensus #1 until 2013 | The Boneyard

Boykin was the consensus #1 until 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
just another tidbit on Boykin,

Boykin was ranked #1 in BS,ASGR,HG, until about 14 months ago, her ranking started to changed once the national scouts found out she left National Power Riverdale Baptist private school for Flowers her local public school at that time no one knew the reason she left Riverdale and because of it is believed her ranking started to change,
Boykin was still the #1 ranked recruit on a lot of College white boards including Uconn that much I know, until her verbal yesterday

Uconn is getting a #1 recruit, I think once the BY regulars get to see her play you will be even more happy that she is coming to Uconn, and she is closer to 6'2 than 6'3

Reaction Score
For me, it's hard to put much stock into the "she was previously #1" debate when at one time, Samarie Walker was the #1 rated prospect in the 2010 class...a class that included Chiney Ogwumike, Alyssa Thomas, Chelsea Gray, etc.

Players are moved up and down for various reasons and maybe Boykin is worthy of being the #1 prospect. But regardless, in the end the truth will show on the court. Not in the rankings.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Morgan Tuck was #1 in her class as well. We've seen enough of Morgan to understand why, though Breanna and Moriah are now ridiculously good.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
To me it really doesn't matter where she's ranked. I love it that she was a number 1 and is still top 10 because I know Geno was very high on her and knowing that and knowing Geno I know she will become a great one.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Basically, if you're a recruit, you get what's coming to you at UConn. Look at Bria Hartley, a national top 5-10 recruit. In college, she was a two-time First team AA, a two-time national champion, and the #7 overall pick in the WNBA draft. Meanwhile, look at Stef Dolson, a top 40 recruit. In college, she was a two-time First team AA, a two-time national champion, a one-time, DPOY, and the #6 overall pick in the WNBA draft. Overall, those are two great experiences. If you're a top recruit, you get everything you might hope for. If you're perceived as raw, somewhat underdeveloped, but exceptionally coachable, you'll get everything you might have dreamed about. That's why you come to Storrs, and if the experience is readily replicable at another school, I'd love to know where it is.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Morgan Tuck was #1 in her class as well. We've seen enough of Morgan to understand why, though Breanna and Moriah are now ridiculously good.
I can definitely see why Morgan was number one. I don't watch as much UCONN as I'd like but I don't recall seeing her make what I would call a freshman mistake. She always seems to do the right thing.
Question: Does she get credit for a National Championship for this season? And if so, could she possibly win five N.C.s?

45 TO GO

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Question: Does she get credit for a National Championship for this season? And if so, could she possibly win five N.C.s?

I would think so. Tuck played in some games and I believe Caroline 'won' a ring the year she sat out.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Uconn is getting a #1 recruit, I think once the BY regulars get to see her play you will be even more happy that she is coming to Uconn, and she is closer to 6'2 than 6'3

Is anyone actually unhappy?

Reaction Score
Not that it really matters, but Asia Durr has been pretty much the consensus best player in the class for the last 2 or so years. I do vaguely remember Kalabyra Gondrezick being rated #1 by ASGR 2-3 years ago.

All we know is Boykin is most likely a Top 10 recruit, who fits UConn's style of play. Good enough for me.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
DJB is a really good player with outstanding athleticism. She also sounds like a great kind.

I look forward to seeing her play for Flowers next year and at UConn for the next 4 years. This is part of the all-inclusive HuskyNation package--you have fans before and after your UConn years. :)

Reaction Score
Well I have 6"3 in the " Guess Boykin's height" pool. So I am extremely concerned and unhappy.
She could be 5'10" and still be closer to 6'2" then 6'3";)

Reaction Score
Riverdale Shiverdale. If you go to the boards HARD, you're only leaving bruises on different people.

Reaction Score
I would think so. Tuck played in some games and I believe Caroline 'won' a ring the year she sat out.

Also, didn't our two walk-ons get a ring too? Their contribution was relatively unheralded, but I'm sure their contribution during practice and as "cheerleaders" on the bench was right there. Somebody's got to quickly side step down the bench high five-ing everyone after a made 3!

Reaction Score
Also, didn't our two walk-ons get a ring too? Their contribution was relatively unheralded, but I'm sure their contribution during practice and as "cheerleaders" on the bench was right there. Somebody's got to quickly side step down the bench high five-ing everyone after a made 3!
I hope they got rings. I can't imagine Geno putting them through all the practices, games, etc. and not give them a ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom