Bowl math | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Bowl math

Status
Not open for further replies.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Incidentally, I missed only one game of my older son's career as a PerWee to see Brian Krygier break his brother's career scoring record. (He ended up with 219 points.) My son scored his only PeeWee hat trick that afternoon at KO rink that fueled an improbable comeback from five goals down that ended one goal short. His only PeeWee hat trick.
I hope your son isn't in therapy over that :D

Reaction Score
Most importantly…bowl payouts for the winning team. Perk of not being in a conference, UConn gets to keep it all and not share with the everyone else!

Independence Bowl 2.2 Million
Quick Lane 2 Million
Cure Bowl $573,125
Lending Tree 1.5 Million

Reaction Score
You could be right but maybe not because of the weather. After I posted 20k at Fenway, I wondered about the seating at Fenway for a football game. Anyone have prior experience at going to a football game at Fenway?
YES Notre Dame vs Boston College. Big crowd. Clear and cold. Seating decent in 2/3 of stadium. Atmosphere for a game is great if fans turn out.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Three of the 10 bowls we’re eligible for are in DFW. I’m in Dallas. I’m not sure I can make it to FL and that looks like the most likely scenario.

Reaction Score
I really think CUSA is going to have the hardest time covering their bowl spots. Looking at the remaining schedules for the 4/5 win teams, I think this will be our best shot at getting a bid.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Most importantly…bowl payouts for the winning team. Perk of not being in a conference, UConn gets to keep it all and not share with the everyone else!

Quick Lane 2 Million
Cure Bowl $573,125
Lending Tree 1.5 Million
The Independence Bowl would be great for us. I’m in Dallas, my son is in Little Rock. And a big payout!

Reaction Score

Quick Lane 2 Million
Cure Bowl $573,125
Lending Tree 1.5 Million
Would be a good incentive to give full bowl payout as a bonus for any future Uconn HC contract or split among assistants ha.

Reaction Score
Slightly off topic regarding bowl eligibility. One of the perks of making a bowl is a team/coach is afforded an additional number of practices that a team not eligible does not get. This is more time for progress, education, package installs for the future, etc.

In past years I believe this as been to our detriment, especially those years when we had a young squad (which felt like every year). Does anyone know if you get the extra practices just by being eligible regardless if you are actually invited to play in one?

Reaction Score
Slightly off topic regarding bowl eligibility. One of the perks of making a bowl is a team/coach is afforded an additional number of practices that a team not eligible does not get. This is more time for progress, education, package installs for the future, etc.

In past years I believe this as been to our detriment, especially those years when we had a young squad (which felt like every year). Does anyone know if you get the extra practices just by being eligible regardless if you are actually invited to play in one?
Nope (this came up in another thread):

“NCAA rules allow bowl teams to practice or hold other athletic activities up to four hours per day or 20 hours per week between the end of the regular season and a bowl game. While coaches often refer to the "15 extra practices" that come with a bowl invitation, there is no specific limit to the number of practices a team can hold during bowl preparation.

Teams that don't reach bowl games are limited to mandatory weight training, conditioning and review of game film between the end of the regular season and Jan. 1. They get a maximum of eight hours per week for those activities, including no more than two hours per week of film viewing.

Reaction Score
They played the game there and won over BC. The question was, What was the stadium like for a football game?
I was at UConn-BC there. It wasn’t terrible, though the weather was miserable. And it was exciting. Most seats weren’t bad. It isn‘t a football stadium but it Is an event if you know what I mean.

Reaction Score
From the Athletic this morning:

"We took the “liberty” (pun intended) of flipping Memphis from the AAC’s Fenway spot to the hometown Liberty Bowl to face Kansas. That switch allowed UConn to take an 85-mile bus ride to Fenway and face old Big East rival Syracuse."
The Athletic has UConn as being a AAC member and I doubt two teams that played in the regular season would be an attractive bowl matchup.

Reaction Score
From the Athletic this morning:

"We took the “liberty” (pun intended) of flipping Memphis from the AAC’s Fenway spot to the hometown Liberty Bowl to face Kansas. That switch allowed UConn to take an 85-mile bus ride to Fenway and face old Big East rival Syracuse."

The thought that the AAC would have no trouble surrendering the Fenway Bowl spot for something else, as long as it wouldn't be Temple or Navy playing there, is a good one. But for us to come in, it would be to play against Pitt or another ACC team that we haven't played this year. It won't be to play Syracuse again this season.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The thought that the AAC would have no trouble surrendering the Fenway Bowl spot for something else, as long as it wouldn't be Temple or Navy playing there, is a good one. But for us to come in, it would be to play against Pitt or another ACC team that we haven't played this year. It won't be to play Syracuse again this season.
Agree on Cuse. UConn v Pitt at Fenway would be very tempting for this household. We're already driving up to Danbury that Friday for a Saturday night event. The 11am start gets us back to Danbury by 6pm...

Reaction Score
Right. The Red Sox have made no secret that they want to build a relationship with UConn as well as BC and UMass. I think they would love to make such a swap. But not to play Syracuse again. That would be a marketing nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom