Bowl math | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Bowl math

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
App State has 6 wins but 2 of them are FCS. So winner of App State/Georgia Southern gets the 77th spot. Leaving 5 open spots for the remaining 5 5win teams. We're in
But after reviewing App States results this season. They would’ve had 5 FBS wins and 1 FC
Miami and Vandy looking helpless in their games right now. Should give even more clearance for us in the event NMSU finds an FBS opponent.
it doesn’t look like NMSU will be playing an FBS opponent per local news there

Reaction Score
But after reviewing App States results this season. They would’ve had 5 FBS wins and 1 FC

it doesn’t look like NMSU will be playing an FBS opponent per local news there
Seems hard to believe one of those teams with 5 wins that could schedule another game (I.e. Vanderbilt) wouldn’t jump on the opportunity to become bowl eligible. Do 6-6 teams with 2 FCS wins have priority over a 5-7 team with an APR waiver? Obviously UConn would be in over them but it’s an interesting situation.

Reaction Score
Seems hard to believe one of those teams with 5 wins that could schedule another game (I.e. Vanderbilt) wouldn’t jump on the opportunity to become bowl eligible. Do 6-6 teams with 2 FCS wins have priority over a 5-7 team with an APR waiver? Obviously UConn would be in over them but it’s an interesting situation.
From a few pages back - not independently verified for accuracy but…

Reaction Score
Damn I hope you're all correct. With no tie in I fully expect to be screwed...

Reaction Score
Haven't had to worry about this in far too long, will we start hearing rumors of where we will be headed prior to the selection show next weekend?

Reaction Score
Glad we're in a Bowl just about any Bowl. BUT I hope DB is pushing for the Gasparilla in Tampa vs Duke. Boca would be great but there are some issues with teams in that pot that are in the same conference which is why Mobile has popped up. Head west to Tampa if Boca can't shuffle us in. Play Duke every week. Unless they'd take Houston or Wyoming in Tampa and we fill the other Boca half.

Reaction Score
Glad we're in a Bowl just about any Bowl. BUT I hope DB is pushing for the Gasparilla in Tampa vs Duke. Boca would be great but there are some issues with teams in that pot that are in the same conference which is why Mobile has popped up. Head west to Tampa if Boca can't shuffle us in. Play Duke every week. Unless they'd take Houston or Wyoming in Tampa and we fill the other Boca half.
If it IS Tampa against Duke, then you kind of get your wish as UConn opens 2023 against the Dukies. I would rather play a team that we have no history with & not on the future schedule.

Reaction Score
If it IS Tampa against Duke, then you kind of get your wish as UConn opens 2023 against the Dukies. I would rather play a team that we have no history with & not on the future schedule.
CoachCap is right. I also worry how well UConn would do against Duke next month. Would be great if UConn could win a bowl game in Dec. Next year, the UConn team will likely improve so a matchup would be more competitive.

Reaction Score
This year, I’m fine playing a MAC/Sunbelt/CUSA team and just maximizing the chances that our departing players end this season with a win. We are 1-5 away from the Rent this year, with 3 of the losses being against mediocre (Utah State) or worse (Army and Ball State) teams. Next year I’ll want to be good enough — and good enough away from home — where I’m excited about playing a lower level P-5 team in a bowl. This year, I’d rather get a match up that gives us the best chance of getting a win and not going into the offseason off a two game losing streak.

Reaction Score
stupid question…but say uconn goes 8-4 next year and there are enough teams bowl eligible…does uconn still get in a bowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom