Bowl Game Interest? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Bowl Game Interest?

Reaction Score
Committed to 4. If I’ll be able to go depends on where and when they play. Let first take care of business against Liberty and Army.

Reaction Score
Edit: Fiesta Bowl was NOT a "debacle" as far as UConn fan attendance was concerned. Roughly one-quarter of the stadium from the 50 yard line to the end zone where the UCMB was stationed was clad in National Flag Blue. Most of those were intelligent folks who bought ducats on the aftermarket. The National Championship was held in that same stadium. Fans of the participating teams were forced to buy tickets to all 3 bowl games being held in the Phoenix area. Those fans then dumped the tickets to the Fiesta Bowl & the game played in ASU's stadium onto Stub Hub et al. where they sold at bargain basement prices.
DON'T EVER forget that fact.
So intelligent people bought tickets on the resale market and us unintelligent folks bought them through UConn? We weren’t required to buy for all 3 AZ bowls but that obviously caused tickets to be dumped for resale. Pony up and buy through the athletic department so UConn won’t have to eat the seats.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
For the record I'm buying tickets, possibly quite a few.

My attending will be entirely dependent on my ability to coordinate travel during year end but I'll make sure tickets will be used.
Only in sunny Florida preferably St Pete

Reaction Score

Okay, what would the best fit for this fan base? The Wasabi Fenway Bowl seems like hand in glove to me. Miserable weather likely, easy travel, a bowl that has been in planning for years that has yet to conduct an actual game on the field. Let's do it.

Date Time At Opponent Location Tournament Result

Dec 16 (Fri) 11:30 AM (EST) Home HOMETOWN LENDERS BAHAMAS BOWL Thomas A. Robinson National Stadium

Dec 16 (Fri) 3:00 PM (EST) Home DULUTH TRADING CURE BOWL Exploria Stadium

Dec 17 (Sat) 11:00 AM (EST) Home WASABI FENWAY BOWL Fenway Park

Dec 17 (Sat) 12:00 PM (EST) Home CRICKET CELEBRATION BOWL Mercedes-Benz Stadium

Dec 17 (Sat) 2:15 PM (EST) Home NEW MEXICO BOWL University Stadium

Dec 17 (Sat) 3:30 PM (EST) Home JIMMY KIMMEL LA BOWL PRESENTED BY STIFEL SoFi Stadium

Dec 17 (Sat) 5:45 PM (EST) Home LENDINGTREE BOWL Hancock Whitney Stadium

Dec 17 (Sat) 7:30 PM (EST) Home SRS DISTRIBUTION LAS VEGAS BOWL Allegiant Stadium

Dec 17 (Sat) 9:15 PM (EST) Home FRISCO BOWL Toyota Stadium

Dec 19 (Mon) 2:30 PM (EST) Home MYRTLE BEACH BOWL Brooks Stadium

Dec 20 (Tue) 3:30 PM (EST) Home FAMOUS IDAHO POTATO BOWL Albertsons Stadium

Dec 20 (Tue) 7:30 PM (EST) Home ROOFCLAIM.COM BOCA RATON BOWL FAU Stadium

Dec 21 (Wed) 9:00 PM (EST) Home R+L CARRIERS NEW ORLEANS BOWL Caesars Superdome

Dec 22 (Thu) 7:30 PM (EST) Home LOCKHEED MARTIN ARMED FORCES BOWL Amon G. Carter Stadium

Dec 23 (Fri) 3:00 PM (EST) Home RADIANCE TECHNOLOGIES INDEPENDENCE BOWL Independence Stadium

Dec 23 (Fri) 6:30 PM (EST) Home UNION HOME MORTGAGE GASPARILLA BOWL Raymond James Stadium

Dec 24 (Sat) 8:00 PM (EST) Home EASYPOST HAWAI'I BOWL Clarence T.C. Ching Athletics Complex

Dec 26 (Mon) 2:30 PM (EST) Home QUICK LANE BOWL Ford Field

Dec 27 (Tue) 12:00 PM (EST) Home CAMELLIA BOWL Cramton Bowl

Dec 27 (Tue) 3:15/6:45 PM (EST) Home SERVPRO FIRST RESPONDER BOWL Gerald J. Ford Stadium

Dec 27 (Tue) 3:15/6:45 PM (EST) Home TICKETSMARTER BIRMINGHAM BOWL Protective Stadium

Dec 27 (Tue) 10:15 PM (EST) Home GUARANTEED RATE BOWL Chase Field

Dec 28 (Wed) 2:00 PM (EST) Home MILITARY BOWL PRESENTED BY PERATON Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium

Dec 28 (Wed) 5:30 PM (EST) Home AUTOZONE LIBERTY BOWL Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium

Dec 28 (Wed) 8:00 PM (EST) Home SAN DIEGO COUNTY CREDIT UNION HOLIDAY BOWL Petco Park

Dec 28 (Wed) 9:00 PM (EST) Home TAXACT TEXAS BOWL NRG Stadium

Dec 29 (Thu) 2:00 PM (EST) Home BAD BOY MOWERS PINSTRIPE BOWL Yankees Stadium

Dec 29 (Thu) 5:30 PM (EST) Home CHEEZ-IT BOWL Camping World Stadium

Dec 29 (Thu) 9:00 PM (EST) Home VALERO ALAMO BOWL Alamodome

Dec 30 (Fri) 12:00 PM (EST) Home DUKE'S MAYO BOWL Bank of America Stadium

Dec 30 (Fri) 2:00 PM (EST) Home TONY THE TIGER SUN BOWL Sun Bowl Stadium

Dec 30 (Fri) 3:30 PM (EST) Home TAXSLAYER GATOR BOWL TIAA Bank Field

Dec 30 (Fri) 4:30 PM (EST) Home BARSTOOL SPORTS ARIZONA BOWL Arizona Stadium

Dec 30 (Fri) 7:30/8:00 PM (EST) Home CAPITAL ONE ORANGE BOWL Hard Rock Stadium

Dec 31 (Sat) 12:00 PM (EST) Home TRANSPERFECT MUSIC CITY BOWL Nissan Stadium

Dec 31 (Sat) 12:00 PM (EST) Home ALLSTATE SUGAR BOWL Caesars Superdome

Dec 31 (Sat) 4:00/8:00 PM (EST) Home CHICK-FIL-A PEACH BOWL (CFP Semifinal) Mercedes-Benz Stadium

Dec 31 (Sat) 4:00/8:00 PM (EST) Home VRBO FIESTA BOWL (CFP Semifinal) State Farm Stadium

Jan 2 (Mon) 12:00 PM (EST) Home RELIAQUEST BOWL Raymond James Stadium

Jan 2 (Mon) 1:00 PM (EST) Home GOODYEAR COTTON BOWL CLASSIC AT&T Stadium

Jan 2 (Mon) 1:00 PM (EST) Home CITRUS BOWL Camping World Stadium

Jan 2 (Mon) 5:00 PM (EST) Home ROSE BOWL GAME Rose Bowl Stadium

Jan 9 (Mon) TBD Home COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYOFF NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP PRESENTED BY AT&T SoFi Stadium
Without question #1 would be the Fenway Bowl

Reaction Score
We’re not going to a bowl of any importance so the key to attendance is ease of travel. For example, we’re not going to bring many fans to, say, Albuquerque or El Paso. Maximizing fans would mean one of the drivable bowls —- Boston, New York or Annapolis — or a Florida bowl on an early weekend.

But we’ve got a game to win yet, and we’re in a beggars can’t be choosers situation. Benedict needs a plan going forward to keep a 6-6 Husky team from hoping to beg and get lucky.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
This is a no-brainer. Please please please take a few minutes to put in for tickets. No obligation or cost, but we need ALL the help we can get to play in a bowl with no conference or bowl tie-ins. Fan interest will be a factor in getting an invite.

Reaction Score
I do want to note one thing. Many here are saying pledge at no cost. It is likely the Athletic Department is going to make a binding pledge to get the bowl berth — that it will sell or buy so many tickets. And the number will be based on folks’ response to the email. With the result that if many make pledges just because they are non-binding and don’t come through and purchase, the Athletic Department may be spending money it wouldn’t spend.

And maybe it needs its money to increase salaries to keep Mora and staff.

Reaction Score
I'm in for 2.

If people can't attend they can always donate their tix too.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I agree with what the athletic department is doing and it's the right move. And yes, we still need to win a game. That being said, I feel like every year there aren't enough bowl eligible teams to fill conference slots. I'd imagine/hope that if we're bowl eligible, there will be a spot for us somewhere.

Reaction Score
So I'm in for 2 tickets, whether I go or donate them, and the biggest tool on the BY gives me a dislike. @CONN78SEJ ...you're an idiot
I just don’t want to sit near you, that’s all. If you donate them that would be great.

Reaction Score
Boston in the dream spot. Tons of recent UConn grads have moved down to Boston.
Arrested Development Tobias GIF

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom