Bouknight debuts | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bouknight debuts

Reaction Score
We need to beat Buffalo by double digits and then play our hearts out against Xavier. A good performance vs Buffalo should roll this team through the tournament. I’d take a strong performance against a ranked team in Xavier and if we make it to the championship and it’s Florida, we should be able to have their number again if we can shoot the ball

A single digit win is fine too

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Wondering just where Bouknight will fit in against Buffalo. You'd think he'd be first off the bench at both the 2 and the 3. But will DH really tap JB over Adams the first time CV comes out? Or JB over Sid behind Tyler? I doubt it. It's going to take a screw-up by Adams or Wilson to get JB off the bench -- or another team funk that requires a spark from somebody. As for making the starting line-up, just whom does JB replace?

Whatever he does, I hope he doesn't do a full shift change like he did against FL. We were asserting control over them when he subbed out all our guys and put in the backups. We immediately went stagnant. I'd like to see him slowly insert guys in and out. This isn't hockey.

Reaction Score
Whatever he does, I hope he doesn't do a full shift change like he did against FL. We were asserting control over them when he subbed out all our guys and put in the backups. We immediately went stagnant. I'd like to see him slowly insert guys in and out. This isn't hockey.

Great point.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That was weird and absolutely did kill momentum. To play at the pace we need we're going to need to sub out our starters to give them a blow, but I didn't love the line change thing either. Still, they seemed to get better the longer they stayed out there, with the exception of Jalen. Don't get me wrong; I like Gaffney and think he's going to be good for us, but injured and new is a tough combo to overcome.

FWIW, as athletic as Bouk may be, we should temper our expectations early on. He's lost valuable game time and he is a freshman.

Reaction Score
What’s the point of coming out with a 3 game suspension then? He could’ve done the indefinite card like with Sid
The message has been sent already. Kid plays minimum 20 minutes.
I hope you guys are correct. I want to see him. Just throwing a little cold water on all the hype. He is just a freshman

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Yeah, a man can dream, right? Just trying to head off the inevitable dump on the kid when he doesn't turn out to be 2011 Kemba in his first game.
If there's any silver lining in Bouk's suspension, it looks like Alterique has already jumped out to an early lead as this season's whipping boy, so Bouk may get a little grace period.

Reaction Score
It's up to Hurley to get the best out of this youngster. He was showing off his athleticism at the open practice and First Night and I can't wait to see how this translates in game conditions. Potentially an explosive player.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I hope you guys are correct. I want to see him. Just throwing a little cold water on all the hype. He is just a freshman

I agree with the last statement. Just saying that Hurley has a weapon and he will use it. Even if that weapon misfires at first.

Everybody can (or should at any rate) be able to put up with freshman mistakes and learning, as long as they can see the talent/potential.

We desperately need somebody who can create their own shot.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if he was on the bench in civvies or even at the game?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The Boneyard is nothing if not reasonable and patience.

Yeah I know. We beat a moribund Florida team and we are going to the dance. We lose in horrific fashion to St Joes and Hurley can't coach and isn't right for the program.

Hope for the best.

Reaction Score
Wouldn’t surprise me if he is glued to the bench for the next game. Hurley still sending a message.
No chance. We need a game changer on the offensive side of the ball

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Dartmouth managed to figure them out so I’m cautiously optimistic. Dartmouth is loaded though.

Is this sarcasm? I know absolutely nothing about Dartmouth or the Ivy league

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Time to step away from the computer.

Why? have you seen them play? I know nothing about them. Haven't looked at ivy league standings.

Way to add to the discussion. Get the burr out of your butt, and tell me what they are like.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Why? have you seen them play? I know nothing about them. Haven't looked at ivy league standings.

Way to add to the discussion. Get the burr out of your butt, and tell me what they are like.
Lolz. Settle down, Francis.

I know nothing about Dartmouth basketball, but I didn't think that was required to detect the sarcasm.

I see they lost 57-37 to something called Jacksonville University on Saturday, but rallied to beat UMass Lowell 80-75 in OT yesterday.

Hope that helps.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom