Bouknight at UConn | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Bouknight at UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Again with "we"?
#freekaren

You've just made him and anybody has who acted with questionable judgment look good by comparison.
#deleteyouraccount
Yeah no kidding. I wanted to just reply STFU. Your reply was better.

Reaction Score
Oh stop. He is a grown man and a millionaire. He totally embarrassed himself and the program and the school last time he was here. Now you want to coddle him again. He wants to buy a ticket, that’s fine but we don’t need his distraction or even potential distraction right now. You think he just happened to come this week? He came to try to get noticed because he knew there would be big media circus. He was a punk when he first arrived. He was a punk when he came back last year. He was a punk in Charlotte. It isn’t UConn’s job to fix his issues. He needs to take responsibility.
Maybe without his talent. And him being high draft pick we wouldn’t of attracted next talent that led to championship after him. Jalen Gaffney wouldn’t of led to change in program. As great as Andre Jackson was and I love him we are better without him and took him years. Bouk was instant offense that got us back to national spotlight we were all young once hope he learns.

Reaction Score
As great as Andre Jackson was and I love him we are better without him
We were also pretty good with him

IMG_6573.jpeg

Reaction Score
Building both a welcoming environment that embraces former players and a winning team that those guys want to be a part of has been quite the accomplishment. Whether this staff coached the guys or not, former players know they’re still celebrated and respected at UConn. There was a time when all that seemed like it maybe wasn’t going to happen. Glad everybody gets to see and enjoy it.

Reaction Score
Another unnecessary distraction or another attendee for the Bouknight intervention soiree later depending on your viewpoint ;)

They showed Bob Hurley and Jackson on TV during the game. Bob was doing all the talking.

Reaction Score
I noticed recently that Gordon was at the reunion...that must have really ticked off Freescooter....

Reaction Score
If I’m Uconn I do not want Bouknight to be the face of the program! He is a grown man and a failure in the NBA. He should have never left school early. For all those people that will say the NBA will teach them more than another year in school. The NBA is a business and will work with those who are willing to put the work in,not the lazy entitled. He had to go? Yup because of the $$$$! Hope it lasts!

Reaction Score
All of the family and loyalty points are well taken, and so important. An overlooked reason for the continued support is because of what Bouknight(and all the athletes who play for coaches) did for Dan Hurley. He believed in Dan and UConn and his contributions can't be overlooked. Yes he made a ton of money, Dan helped him along and so on, but it is a two way street, Dan and UConn owe Bouk, and all the kids who played a part along the way.

Reaction Score
They owed him an education on and off the court! Not sure if he took advantage of it either place!

Reaction Score
Donny Marshall and Kevin Ollie both are family and I dont see a lot of love going thier way.

Reaction Score
Donny Marshall and Kevin Ollie both are family and I dont see a lot of love going thier way.
Grown men, they are ok, Ollie made $11 mil after being let go, and Donny is taking care of his business, has made a cottage industry our of being an Alum who deprecates his alma mater, probably more theater than real feelings.

Reaction Score
Grown men, they are ok, Ollie made $11 mil after being let go, and Donny is taking care of his business, has made a cottage industry our of being an Alum who deprecates his alma mater, probably more theater than real feelings.
Bouknight is a grown man! Some UConn fans are pathetic. “we don’t get an enough credit” “we aren’t ranked high enough in kenpom” “they don’t talk enough about on sportscenter“ “ let me go to the Marquette message board to see if they are saying enough good things about us” Most insecure fanbase in the country! UConn is #1 in the country and defending champion! Just pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom