Bouknight applies for rebab program to drop charges | The Boneyard

Bouknight applies for rebab program to drop charges

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Applies for *rehab* program

"Attorney Rob Britt said the application was filed administratively, without an appearance that was scheduled for Tuesday at Rockville Superior Court, and the case is continued to Nov. 18, when Bouknight will appear before a judge and learn whether his application is accepted. If it is, he will have the opportunity to complete the program and have charges dismissed. "

Reaction Score
Looks like an accelerated program that will lead to the charges being dropped if the judge accepts. The article says the case is continued until the 18th.... Don't know what that means for him playing. He is practicing in full.

Hopefully this gets resolved and he learns from it and gets back on the court. He's a special talent.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Looks like an accelerated program that will lead to the charges being dropped if the judge accepts. The article says the case is continued until the 18th.... Don't know what that means for him playing. He is practicing in full.

Hopefully this gets resolved and he learns from it and gets back on the court. He's a special talent.

Speaking of special talent.

Game changer

BFBE9B00-E89F-4091-9B37-3F42004FDB3A.jpeg

Reaction Score
Since the hearing is on Nov 18 my guess is James will miss the first 3 games including the Florida game

Reaction Score
Since the hearing is on Nov 18 my guess is James will miss the first 3 games including the Florida game

There is a good chance you're correct but I'm not really sure why the court date should matter. Hurley knows what happened.

Reaction Score
Bouknight will be a model citizen for his entire time at UConn from here on out is my guess. He is simply too talented and bright to not live up to his potential. While I am disappointed this happened, he will certainly overcome this.

I agree with this. Also, remember that the incident happened weeks before the public comments about it. If James had been anything but remorseful and smart about the way he was handling it all, the coach’s comments (basically, you screwed up big time and your actions impact all of us but we still love you) and approach would have been very different.

Some people like to get all vengeful and demand their pound of flesh, but that’s not always beneficial and how it should actually work.

Reaction Score
I work in the court system. He will most likely be granted AR and his only requirement will not to get arrested again. He will be monitored by IAR services who make sure he’s compliant with the conditions that the judge puts into place.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
There is a good chance you're correct but I'm not really sure why the court date should matter. Hurley knows what happened.
There are three tiers of authority who will each decide what is the appropriate punishment for James actions. The judicial system is the first tier. The university is the second tier and Hurley is the third tier.

The second tier is always the one that worries me. It is the least predictable, though it shouldn’t be.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This will be DH's first real tough decision involving one of his student athletes - let's see how he determines the proper penalty based upon the incident
This is very different from the JA scooter incident based on the series of accusations and how they would get handled in the non-athlete/celebrity world. I am not one to say whether the authorities piled on with the charges but there were several and all were rather serious in nature
Hate to say this but it is reality that in cases involving most anyone with a degree of celebrity will be looked at in a different lens.
Yes JB said the right things after the fact but he needs to feel realistic punitive reaction from his coach. My hope is that the administration allows DH handle this without their recommendations but I don't think that will happen.
I hope he receives AR, recovers quickly, plays as soon as possible and has a fantastic career at UConn and beyond
He is young and he will get past this - hopefully grow in several areas.

Reaction Score
This will be DH's first real tough decision involving one of his student athletes - let's see how he determines the proper penalty based upon the incident
This is very different from the JA scooter incident based on the series of accusations and how they would get handled in the non-athlete/celebrity world. I am not one to say whether the authorities piled on with the charges but there were several and all were rather serious in nature
Hate to say this but it is reality that in cases involving most anyone with a degree of celebrity will be looked at in a different lens.
Yes JB said the right things after the fact but he needs to feel realistic punitive reaction from his coach. My hope is that the administration allows DH handle this without their recommendations but I don't think that will happen.
I hope he receives AR, recovers quickly, plays as soon as possible and has a fantastic career at UConn and beyond
He is young and he will get past this - hopefully grow in several areas.
God I hope he can suit up and play for Florida game at gampel. That wud be a great experience.

Reaction Score
There are multiple systems in play, with both the university and courts, but this isn’t the first time Hurley’s dealt with a situation like this with a player. Hope he has the ability to handle it how he wants to. There is precedent for universities letting the legal part play out before weighing in, in some situations.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom