Bouk needs another year in college | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Bouk needs another year in college

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Why did this become a bash James Bouknight thread? This is the guy showing new recruits that UConn is once again a legitimate pipeline to the NBA. A guy who battled back from injuries to be with his team when everyone said he would leave us to train for the NBA. This guy was a hell of a lot of fun to watch night after night and certainly helped draw back a lot of fans to the program. I am a fan for life and this kids impact on the program does not go unnoticed.

Reaction Score
No it isn't Daniel Hamilton wasn't predicted to go in the lottery and get a massive paycheck the year after he left--and he didn't.
we arent comparing their nba potential we're comparing their uconn legacy. doesnt really have to go deeper than leaving after 2 years after not winning* anything

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I can't imagine he's a lottery pick now. I hope he is for his well being, but c'mon man, it's been ugly down the stretch

CV1

Reaction Score
He’s going to the NBA based on talent alone. He had 2 bad games. But doesn't have a ton of help. Probably feels awful about it. But he's also 20 years old. Put Bouknight on some of our other successful tourney teams and he would have been a stud

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Which is a perfectly reasonable take if you stopped there. You added some completely unnecessary shots which is why you're rightfully getting attacked

I can promise you I'll lose zero sleep over other's attacking me.

In an hour, tomorrow, a week and in a year, I'll be comfortable in my take/analysis/opinion of Bouk as a player, his impact on the UConn program and his pro potential. If he turns out to be a great pro, so be it. I doubt his pro potential has anything to do with my opinion of him as a player. His performance, projected impact and actual impact has plenty of prior examples.

Reaction Score
He played, he didn't accomplish anything for the program.
He provided the media attention we so lacked. Networks were drooling over him, the internet was abuzz, and he single handily put UConn back on the map. Consequently he helped our recruiting.

Let's not act like he was a ghost.

Reaction Score
Bouk doesn't need to answer to anyone. This program is not what it used to be 4 years ago. I am appreciative of what he has done to get this program to what it is now. Thank you!

Now, I can be selfish and say that he needs to come back but if he's guaranteed to be a lottery pick, he needs to take it. Don't believe any of these so called draft boards. There's always a handful of these so called lottery picks that fall late and sometimes not drafted at all.

Reaction Score
we arent comparing their nba potential we're comparing their uconn legacy. doesnt really have to go deeper than leaving after 2 years after not winning* anything
I always thought Hamilton left too early. He proved me right.

The thing with Bouknight is if he’s still projected a Top 15 pick, he’s gone. The money is too much and he should go.

From all the games I watched this year, and around the nation, I don’t think he’s a Top 15 pick.

Reaction Score
Ahhhhh..... hate to say it but Bouk needs all four years he is not ready for the next level. Three years isn’t enough he needs four. If he goes with four years he can be a top five draft pick. But he is not ready at all.

Reaction Score
While it’s highly unlikely, we would instantly be a preseason Top 10 team if Bouk returns. Man, that would be a fun season to look forward to

Reaction Score
Donyell oozed potential but stayed three years. Ray oozed potential but stayed three years. Rip, Caron and Rudy too.

If an NBA GM wants to throw money at Bouk, fine. I just don't see why. Again, maybe I am missing something.

Reaction Score
These threads are always hilarious because you have a bunch of dudes who don't even watch the NBA(or any other sports besides UConn) and have zero idea how an NBA game looks talking about what Bouk can't do at the next level.

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He provided the media attention we so lacked. Networks were drooling over him, the internet was abuzz, and he single handily put UConn back on the map. Consequently he helped our recruiting.

Let's not act like he was a ghost.

I'll gladly go old man yelling at kids on the grass.

Used to be we evaluated player's impacts on the program in terms of wins, championships and accomplishments. You're saying the standard is media attention. How Kardashian. I also understand when anyone is trying to resurrect a brand things don't progress linearly. Sometimes you get recognition before accomplishment.

He's not a ghost but he's gone and it's very easy to replace his impact.

Reaction Score

The thing with Bouknight is if he’s still projected a Top 15 pick, he’s gone. The money is too much and he should go.

From all the games I watched this year, and around the nation, I don’t think he’s a Top 15 pick.
i thought he had potential to go as high as 6 or 7 but yeah he's looking like mid to late first round now.

ben gordon went #3 after his junior year. rip hamilton came back even tho he couldve been drafted. why are some people so adamant that coming back wouldnt help him?

assuming bouk dropped out of the lotto who's to say he can't come back as a junior, become the BE player of the year and a first team all american, and play himself back into the lottery next summer?

Reaction Score
Ahhhhh..... hate to say it but Bouk needs all four years he is not ready for the next level. Three years isn’t enough he needs four. If he goes with four years he can be a top five draft pick. But he is not ready at all.
Yes, because so many senior guards are drafted in the top 5 every year...

Reaction Score

Every single NBA scout in the country: James Bouknight is a lottery pick.

@3RingsCT : Wrong.

Reaction Score
Yes, because so many senior guards are drafted in the top 5 every year...
Umm no you miss my point most think he is top five now. No way he is a g league player at best at this point.

Reaction Score
These threads are always hilarious because you have a bunch of dudes who don't even watch the NBA(or any other sports besides UConn) and have zero idea how the game an NBA game looks talking about what Bouk can't do at the next level.
Shoot threes? They do that a lot in the NBA, no? Defend other uber athletes? I see some teams do that.

Reaction Score
I'll gladly go old man yelling at kids on the grass.

Used to be we evaluated player's impacts on the program in terms of wins, championships and accomplishments. You're saying the standard is media attention. How Kardashian. I also understand when anyone is trying to resurrect a brand things don't progress linearly. Sometimes you get recognition before accomplishment.

He's not a ghost but he's gone and it's very easy to replace his impact.
No I'm just looking for a silver lining. I stated his contributions to UConn, not his legacy (which there is none).

Reaction Score

Daniel had 2 other older brothers who were 5 star recruits and neither were able to carve out a career in the NBA, if he couldn't make it after being in 2 organizations and having all the time in the world to develop, then it wasn't meant to be. Staying at UConn wasn't gonna change that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom