Boughknight was good tonight | The Boneyard

Boughknight was good tonight

Reaction Score
Played roughly 20 min vs knicks. Showed some very good skill with nba athleticism. His fringe skills needs work but his raw talent was impressive. Hit 2 threes as well

I know he hit some trouble but he’s a young guy— we want to root for him to succeed!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I know he hit some trouble but he’s a young guy— we want to root for him to succeed!
I'm rooting for James, while being mindful & not unconcerned that his accumulated reckless behaviors could lead to him causing great harm to himself or innocent others.

In the closed thread, it did seem as though many were working through their own historically with similar emotionally impactful matters. Some came off like macho yentas, offering successive hot takes and showing a perverse affinity for unsavory drama.

Reaction Score
Impressive.

Please keep your head on straight. You have the entire world at your fingertips. Don’t throw it away for nothing!

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
His circle, coaches & teammates must keep preaching mindset & consistency - all the tools are there for him to be a high-level offensive threat on a nightly basis.

Reaction Score
I'm rooting for James, while being mindful & not unconcerned that his accumulated reckless behaviors could lead to him causing great harm to himself or innocent others.

In the closed thread, it did seem as though many were working through their own historically with similar emotionally impactful matters. Some came off like macho yentas, offering successive hot takes and showing a perverse affinity for unsavory drama.
This...and GO JB!!!

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I think we all too often forget how young these guys are. The older I get, the more these guys look like kids. James is a 22 year old millionaire.

I’m so glad he’s getting out of his head. I hope some of you with nothing but bad things to say find a little grace to give the situation.

Will always route for the guy. Would love to see him in Storrs soon. Husky Forever - hoping UConn can be a part of what ultimately provides him stability and purpose.

Reaction Score
Next Monday is the deadline to pick up his 3rd year option, so nice for him to show something and finally have a good game. Still think the option will likely be picked up
A couple years ago Chief was hoping this fire drill would have had less drama. Now the stakes are higher, because less teams may be willing to take all this on. James needs to treat every day as a new day and start with no entitlement or expectation that his past reckless behaviors will lead to anything good. Sometimes in life, you need to do additions by subtractions and James is definitely in that place. The hangers on and the inexperienced handlers are not going to be part of a success path. I know James is trying to make the necessary changes now and pray he stays strong and doesn’t revert back to old ways and the old posse.

Reaction Score
They picked up his 3rd year team option. Guaranteed $4.5 million for next year.

That's another $4.5 mil, so he's guaranteed over $13 mil now with 1 more team option for $6 million before restricted free agency.

He tried to screw it up, but teams are loathe to give up on young, lottery players (Jalen Smith just provided a nice example for him). He and his family are now set for life, 2nd contract and 4th years don't even matter.

Reaction Score
With a little bit of real guidance his family is set for life. He's also bought himself a little more time to continue to improve and get his life in order. Ultimately the NBA is still about guys who put the ball in the hoop which the kid can do

Reaction Score
Wow. Charlotte being Charlotte. I love Bouk as a basketball player, but he’s certainly not a great role model at this point. I’m cheering for him to clean up his act, but strange decision to give him additional cash a week from a serious arrest. At least make him sweat the additional few days.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Wow. Charlotte being Charlotte. I love Bouk as a basketball player, but he’s certainly not a great role model at this point. I’m cheering for him to clean up his act, but strange decision to give him additional cash a week from a serious arrest. At least make him sweat the additional few days.
Seriously?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom