bottom 10 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

bottom 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
It was OVER 39,000 - to be accurate.

But, it was even more impressive (and I know you were questioning their turnstyles) ... it was that many. And, they WAITED over 2 1/2 hours for the game to start. Endured over 270 Lightning strikes nearby & the bands were kept off the field at half-time. And ... longtime Fans of Memphis football were emotional how truly professional the University made this first game. (well ... they have a new state-of-the-art Scoreboard at the Liberty Bowl)

I don't know if Memphis will be competitive. Temple either. But, they have the intravenous fluid cranked into their arm now. I am beginning to think that Comcast really pushed this (and FedEx played a role/made promises). But ... they are in. And, it is not simply that Mike Tranghese earned consulting fees getting them to that point & Rick Pitino wanted them. There was some compelling reason they got votes.
Long-time Memphis football fans welcomed the lightning strikes, many wore tinfoil hats and drove railroad spikes through their feet and into the ground.

Reaction Score
Long-time Memphis football fans welcomed the lightning strikes, many wore tinfoil hats and drove railroad spikes through their feet and into the ground.

Now that is funny.

But ... I am afraid, like the Ain'ts, this Fanbase may have a lot more of these experiences before some Program Builder gets them over .500.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
randy edsall may be coaching memphis next year. they could rise fast.

Reaction Score
We have a name for longtime Memphis fans. We call them Tennessee fans.

It was OVER 39,000 - to be accurate.

But, it was even more impressive (and I know you were questioning their turnstyles) ... it was that many. And, they WAITED over 2 1/2 hours for the game to start. Endured over 270 Lightning strikes nearby & the bands were kept off the field at half-time. And ... longtime Fans of Memphis football were emotional how truly professional the University made this first game. (well ... they have a new state-of-the-art Scoreboard at the Liberty Bowl)

I don't know if Memphis will be competitive. Temple either. But, they have the intravenous fluid cranked into their arm now. I am beginning to think that Comcast really pushed this (and FedEx played a role/made promises). But ... they are in. And, it is not simply that Mike Tranghese earned consulting fees getting them to that point & Rick Pitino wanted them. There was some compelling reason they got votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom