Botched U-C-O-N-N chants and bell | The Boneyard

Botched U-C-O-N-N chants and bell

Reaction Score
I don't know who decided we needed to ring a bell when we score but it seemed to completely mess up the timing of the U-C-O-N-N chants. The cheerleaders holding the letters and the flags seemed completely out of sync and we didn't get a single one off that was well done in a game where we scored four touchdowns??

I don't want to talk bad about any particular person, certainly not any students, but someone needs to step in and get that situation organized it was embarrassing.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I feel like a lot of aspects were off today, like the band playing the fight song through the intro video and the PA system as a whole seemed off. Hopefully working out the kinks and next Saturday it will all come across better.
Need to bring in a consultant. If only we knew someone who had expertise in this area.
Chewing Gum 80S GIF by Clio Awards

Reaction Score
It was amateur hour out there. Don’t introduce a video with the band playing. As for the upcoming UConn athletic event alerts flashed on the video board, I challenge you to figure out which event relates to which sport. The lettering’s not only minuscule, now it’s in red and blends in. Were we informed about the new location for the Husky Walk? That was more chaotic than it needed to be.
Clean it up. We’re better than that.

Reaction Score
I'm still trying to figure out how jingling keys makes enough noise to disrupt the other team on 3rd down.
It doesn't. I was a cheelreader, so I've "heard" it from the field, and it's unnoticeable. Heck, yesterday I was IN the student section and I couldn't hear it.

Reaction Score
I don't want to talk bad about any particular person, certainly not any students, but someone needs to step in and get that situation organized it was embarrassing.
I felt bad for the students performing, spoke with UCMB Dr Mills pregame and he did say there were two directors out sick. Maybe had something to do with it.
the PA system as a whole seemed off. Hopefully working out the kinks and next Saturday it will all come across better.
Agree, not just a new announcer man but sound was very soup can treble.
Were we informed about the new location for the Husky Walk? That was more chaotic than it needed to be.
Clean it up. We’re better than that.
Agree 100%, with all the emails and game day experience notices nothing mentioned. Had to hoof it 150 yds following the busses from where it has been for years. My friend Turtle did make it in time. A brake from the past all players with no headphones engaged the fans as did Mora with high fives, fist bumps or a hand shake.
I'm still trying to figure out how jingling keys makes enough noise to disrupt the other team on 3rd down.
Had a link that did not work but at some schools it is tradition meant to be intimidation. Meaning you'll be my driver some day. Much like back in the day when we played Yale on a regular basis and their chant was something like. Rah rah hay hay you'll be working for us some day!
Personally I appreciate any noise fans are willing to make at the appropriate time of the game. Really miss a fan with our group who passed a couple years ago, used to sit on the isle end of our section and would wack the metal railing with his metal cane on defensive 3rd downs.
I could care less if they did arm pit faats or slapped their ear lobes with popsicle sticks as long as they make noise engaged to the game.
With our past 10 years of noise all and any decibels are appreciated and add up. ;)

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Thank you! That is the dumbest tradition of all time. It’s not like it began with us though.

Reaction Score
They had the dance cam on the video board ... but no music was playing for the crowd to dance to lol

Reaction Score
Hopefully, someone from UConn event management is monitoring this thread. Lot’s of feedback here which should be acted upon.

As far as the keys, never understood it. Put up on the board, no keys and make some noise.

Reaction Score
I still gotta go with the yelling. Jingling keys didn't make Pitt false start 3 times from the student side endzone in '04, nor did it impress RGIII enough to say the Rent was one of the loudest places he ever played in, nor did it help our D make a goal line stand against an 11th ranked USF team in the rain in '07.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I used to stand there and yell "YOUUUUUU" for as long as I could. I found it didn't matter what you yelled as long as you made noise.
Did the same thing! Made a lot more noise. I still remember those days coming home from games with a hoarse voice or no voice. I want a stadium filled like that again and a team I can lose my voice for

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom