Boston Thursday Roll Call | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Boston Thursday Roll Call

Reaction Score
AD and the President were there and spoke? So this must have been set up by the University? How was this not posted here?

Any word on tomorrow?
See outlaw's post above for the UConn reception on Saturday. It was a perfect spot to go to on a rainy night as it is basically connected to the Garden.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
AD and the President were there and spoke? So this must have been set up by the University? How was this not posted here?

Any word on tomorrow?
I posted it here a few days ago, including the link to sign up. Also, now that you're local you should sign up to get notifications of these from the Boston chapter of the alumni association.

Reaction Score
Nightshift? Other spots? Did anybody go to the Alumni event?
I got into the area a little later than I wanted to (1.5 hr before game which is obviously peak pregame time), but it was just all packed lol. Between S16, opening day, and BU hockey. There was a private event at night shift that took up half the space. TITS was full. Ended up snagging the last 2 bar seats at Ducali.

Reaction Score
I don't know if they were louder but Illinois had the 2nd most fans in the Garden by far tonight.
Illinois definitely had the second most fans there. And, they were wearing orange so it looked like a group of Cuse fans. I think the Illinois fans sounded loud to us because they were on the opposite side of the Garden from the UConn sections so the sound projected right at us.

Reaction Score
I got my 2 tickets in balcony section for 230 each, of course charging fees brought it to 631. It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity don’t have to worry about travel or hotel, or parking.

Gotta go out and look for a white UConn shirt, what would be the best place place in Boston area to find one, preferably amongst route 1 in Saugus, not driving into Boston.

Reaction Score
For those who went to pre-game spots, where were the UConn fans? How was it? Nightshift? Other spots? Did anybody go to the Alumni event?
Sullivan's b4 and after. Mix of fans. It's a spit hole but we fit right in.

Reaction Score
Buffet stations. Sliders(both chicken and beef) with the fixings, fries, various types of mac & cheese, and caesar salad at one station. Pizzas on the other.
Interesting. My fiancé and I have been dying to try the new food hall right there at the stadium so will probably try that and go to Greatest bar. The food hall has a pizza stand called “Apizza” if any of you want to try and compare (I will be)

Reaction Score
Interesting. My fiancé and I have been dying to try the new food hall right there at the stadium so will probably try that and go to Greatest bar. The food hall has a pizza stand called “Apizza” if any of you want to try and compare (I will be)
Food Hall will be packed, although the earlier start time might relieve some of the pressures from the non-attending dinner people.

Reaction Score
Food Hall will be packed, although the earlier start time might relieve some of the pressures from the non-attending dinner people.
I was thinking being there around 4 would be a good time after lunch and before dinner

Have you been before?

Reaction Score
I was thinking being there around 4 would be a good time after lunch and before dinner

Have you been before?
Yes. I've only had a few of the places, though. The ramen was okay. Smoke shop is okay for the north.

Reaction Score
Yes. I've only had a few of the places, though. The ramen was okay. Smoke shop is okay for the north.
Wow ramen just “okay”? That’s a serious chef whose name is on that restaurant.

I’m definitely trying the Apizza stand

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Think my strategy of buying the first ticket and not the 2nd is backfiring. Prices are much higher.
Guess I'll be watching on TV at a local spot.

Reaction Score
Think my strategy of buying the first ticket and not the 2nd is backfiring. Prices are much higher.
Same…

Thurs prices dropped sharply in the hours leading up to game. Will hold out for same on Sat.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I checked and prices are down on StubHub, look about flat on Ticketmaster and are way up on Tick Pick and VividSeats. Honestly if not for the fees, I'd have bought the Club seats I just found for $394 each. But $141 in fees is just gouging. That's over 35% in fees.

Reaction Score
Same…

Thurs prices dropped sharply in the hours leading up to game. Will hold out for same on Sat.
That was gonna be my plan as well when I saw the sharp price drop yesterday.

Problem may be supply. TickPick (which i believe aggregates other sites as well as sells) only has about 900 tix available. Down from 5-6k last night. There were still a good 1-1.5K early in day yesterday for S16 game.

I was very close yesterday to pulling trigger on a pair of reasonable corner balcony seats for Saturday at $220. Oh well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom