Boston Globe: Kevin Ollie is comfortable replacing a UConn legend | The Boneyard

Boston Globe: Kevin Ollie is comfortable replacing a UConn legend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
So I go to the Boston Globe to see if they have picked up this non-story about JC and the BCU job. What do I find? A very nice story about our current coach and the positive but not overbearing influence of JC on him:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...conn-legend/DeXLP84oqK4BzS3SowTjzN/story.html

Calhoun is quick to say he loves Ollie like a son, but he is hesitant to be much of a presence around the team. Ollie was very pleased that Calhoun was with the team in Buffalo, where the Huskies advanced in the NCAA Tournament East Region by beating Saint Joseph’s Thursday, though Calhoun was not visible in the arena.

“Louisville, Michigan State, those are the only trips I’ve been on,’’ said Calhoun. “Kevin’s got enough distractions without me being another one. I’m not going to go to a game at Marquette and just add to the distractions. He’s got enough to worry about.

“I go to some practices. If he’s having some problems, he knows he has an ear to listen.’’

I know this doesn't fit the storyline that our program haters like Jacobs, scooter and others here want to propagate; which is why we have to go to places like the New York Times and Boston Globe to find the stories that are worth reading. Ironic. And sad.

Reaction Score
And there's no comments on this story, which is great btw. Boneyard's got the same problem as ESPN.
Its humans in general. People will be the first to complain when they are having problems with their car, but damn when that thing is running mint, you never hear a word from them. People are not happy unless they are complaining about something. Its a horrible quality to have but I have been left with no option but to embrace who I am. EF DUKE.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Mine is as well, though the Mrs. recently went deer hunting in it. Going to need a little body work. :(

BTW -She's fine and so is the buck although he gives her dirty looks now.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Well mine just blew a cylander, so all.

Reaction Score
I need new tires. For trucks they are expensive as Shot, delaying my action of course.

By the way:

Coach Ollie has "ONIONS"!!

'Fear' and 'cant do' are words he doesn't understand.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I just had to replace the water pump last weekend - first non warranty repair. Time to start looking for something new.

Reaction Score
I would recommend a 2014 GMC Sierra. That's what I got so I guess its not that big of a turd.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I'm leaning toward something a little more sporty. Living in SoCal, a convertible is up next.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm leaning toward something a little more sporty. Living in SoCal, a convertible is up next.
tumblr_mm86a2VIL41s8zwfvo1_1280.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer