Boston Bar | The Boneyard

Boston Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
The Alumni Association is hosting an event at the Cask n Flaggon. I think that's the place to go

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
For those farther out, I plan to be at the Blue Dog in Milford, sitting at my lucky table. Watched the whole 2011 tournament run from that table, and the Patriot's comeback against Denver this year.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
:) that's across the street from my apartment! I know where I'm going.

You live at Fenway Park? Sleeping bag on the Monster Seats?

The best news for all of us in metro Boston, no Celtics or Bruins tonight, so the TVs should be on the tournament for a change.

Reaction Score
You live at Fenway Park? Sleeping bag on the Monster Seats?

The best news for all of us in metro Boston, no Celtics or Bruins tonight, so the TVs should be on the tournament for a change.
haha ok, I meant across the highway from my apartment

Reaction Score
I'm hoping work will allow for me to join the party at Cask. I'll be the guy with the UConn hat on.

Reaction Score
Traveling to San Diego tomorrow (seeing the VCU and UCLA games) so won't be going out tonight. but WHEN we play next weekend, let me know where you guys are going..would love to meet up (assuming I don't go to MSG)

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
In the event that we make it through the weekend, I let the wife go out tonight so I have some pull next week......fingers crossed. Although I will probably need to head to a suburban locale.

Reaction Score
You go to BU? That's the only residential area across the highway from CnF
I do go to BU but I don't live in their housing. I live on the Newbury St extension that runs parallel to the highway

Reaction Score
So BUMP, and I have not yet attended a game watch at Cask n' Flaggon, so I was hoping someone could fill me in on just how serious the UConn crowd is there. The main piece of info I need is during the game, do they have the game audio on or no? This is kind of a deal-breaker for me, I need to be able to hear Raf yell Shabazz with a LITTLE KISS, MAN TO MAN at the start of the game, and of course some ONIONS for Iowa State near the end of the game.

So can anybody who has gone to the meetups lately let me know if they do have the game audio blasting in the bar, or if I should stay home to get what I need?

Reaction Score
I do go to BU but I don't live in their housing. I live on the Newbury St extension that runs parallel to the highway
You a grad or undergrad at BU?

Reaction Score
So BUMP, and I have not yet attended a game watch at Cask n' Flaggon, so I was hoping someone could fill me in on just how serious the UConn crowd is there. The main piece of info I need is during the game, do they have the game audio on or no? This is kind of a deal-breaker for me, I need to be able to hear Raf yell Shabazz with a LITTLE KISS, MAN TO MAN at the start of the game, and of course some ONIONS for Iowa State near the end of the game.

So can anybody who has gone to the meetups lately let me know if they do have the game audio blasting in the bar, or if I should stay home to get what I need?
I haven't been to Cask, but I have been to others, and you pretty much never hear the audio, in my experience, because it's still just a small percentage of the reason people are there, especially on a Friday.

I'm interested in potentially going to Cask...maybe somewhere else. If there's another Boston place out there, let me know.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure I'm going to Cask on Friday. In the past they have played the audio for us but depends on the game. If alumni association hosts an event there again I would have to think the audio will be on. If I see anything about an event I will post

Reaction Score

They have had the sound on the UConn game for the last two games. Probably a shade under 100 UConn fans for each of the first two games. In 2011 the UConn crowd got bigger as the tournament progressed. I'd expect big crowds this weekend. I'll be there again. MOJO

Reaction Score
Nice, so it sounds like the audio will be on then. I am leaning toward going, and I'd be dragging my brother and see if I can get any of my former UConn friends around the city there as well.

The heart of Kemba will be inhabiting the Garden Friday, LETS GO LETS GO!!

Reaction Score
We overran the Cask in 2011. Should be a great time Friday night with a ton of national flag blue and white

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
We overran the Cask in 2011. Should be a great time Friday night with a ton of national flag blue and white

2011 was awesome there. Hoping for a similar atmosphere this year.

Reaction Score

Was there for the Elite 8 game against Arizona, great atmosphere. As a non-alum fan not really tapped into that community, I was surprised how strong our representation was.

This time around I'm just going to watch from home; I'm too neurotic to watch in public.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
So are all the Boston fans hitting up the Cask tonight? Hoping for a great atmosphere since I couldn't make it to MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom