Borges: UConn not done recruiting 2019 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Borges: UConn not done recruiting 2019

C

Chief00

And just like that, the account (somehow, completely randomly) is gone.

What happened Chief? Why only 6 followers for one of the most influential people around UConn basketball? Lmaooo

Chief is doing just fine - and I don’t have six followers

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Chief is doing just fine - and I don’t have six followers
Don't worry. You'll get some soon...

(Sorry, it was just sitting there... ;))

Reaction Score
was there some chatter about cliff not being a shot blocker? granted none of the other names on this list sound sound familiar, but how can he not with a 7'6" wingspan?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
was there some chatter about cliff not being a shot blocker? granted none of the other names on this list sound sound familiar, but how can he not with a 7'6" wingspan?

He is not a great shot blocker.

1) that isn't a great sample size. 7 games in UA vs 15 in EYBL. And he wasn't great in eybl. ##s were similar at Roselle. Good not great.

2) a 9% block % is fine but not elite.

He is not a natural shot blocker. He is long and big, and gets some blocks because of that when he has good positioning on D. Carlton is the same way.

He isn't someone who is going to deter drives like Brimah did most recently. Carlton same thing. Not an intimidator, just plays well positionally.

The natural timing/aggressiveness isn't there. It can be taught to an extent

Reaction Score
He is not a great shot blocker.

1) that isn't a great sample size. 7 games in UA vs 15 in EYBL. And he wasn't great in eybl. ##s were similar at Roselle. Good not great.

2) a 9% block % is fine but not elite.

He is not a natural shot blocker. He is long and big, and gets some blocks because of that when he has good positioning on D. Carlton is the same way.

He isn't someone who is going to deter drives like Brimah did most recently. Carlton same thing. Not an intimidator, just plays well positionally.

The natural timing/aggressiveness isn't there. It can be taught to an extent

I will take the guy who plays well positionally already and can be taught a bit more about shot blocking rather than the shot blocker who has pretty much only that.

Pretty funny first 2 pages of this thread had a lot of talk about “who it might be” with Cliff, Springs so I’m thinking can’t wait to get to pages 5 & 6 there may be some insiders who will steer the hopes and rumors in the right direction. Instead it died on who and instead on where did you live on campus? Only the BY lol

Reaction Score
I will take the guy who plays well positionally already and can be taught a bit more about shot blocking rather than the shot blocker who has pretty much only that.

Pretty funny first 2 pages of this thread had a lot of talk about “who it might be” with Cliff, Springs so I’m thinking can’t wait to get to pages 5 & 6 there may be some insiders who will steer the hopes and rumors in the right direction. Instead it died on who and instead on where did you live on campus? Only the BY lol

Agreed. We're not getting a player with both abilities until we start competing for 5*s.

Reaction Score
Oz has moved on to tweeting about the Lakers. I guess some people are magnets to dysfunction.

Who is this mysterious Oz? Is he connected to the car wash? Feeling as if recruiting rumors spread more quickly under KO.

Reaction Score

I think Matrim55 effectively narrowed it down on the first page. Who’s a big that we’ve put effort into, visited, and has a good chance of reclassing? One person jumps out to me.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Agreed. We're not getting a player with both abilities until we start competing for 5*s.

And if shot blocking wasn't teachable, UConn wouldn't have lead the country in it for a decade. Sure Okafor, Donyell and Thabeet were naturals, but most others picked it up. That culture is something we can build and it will rub off. There is no reason Cliff can't be well above average with some coaching.

On the current roster, Sid, Whaley and Akok (supposedly) all have good natural timing and shot blocking instincts. But Carlton and Polley have each improved.

C

Chief00

And if shot blocking wasn't teachable, UConn wouldn't have lead the country in it for a decade. Sure Okafor, Donyell and Thabeet were naturals, but most others picked it up. That culture is something we can build and it will rub off. There is no reason Cliff can't be well above average with some coaching.

On the current roster, Sid, Whaley and Akok (supposedly) all have good natural timing and shot blocking instincts. But Carlton and Polley have each improved.
Agree, and you can’t teach length.

Reaction Score
If you listen to these posters, Chief totally alienated Cliff rather than having some fun and here we are - LOL
Looks like message was received! So I wonder how you will explain it, if he decides to come to UConn?

so the mystery man really is cliff! but him coming here is still an "if" ... even though this was all allegedly happening within a month? gonna start tempering my expectations now

Reaction Score
They are mutually exclusive events. Any commitment will have had nothing to do with an alleged conversation with some old dude at the pisser. But we really need a center and it will make for a great story along with endless debate and name calling. I hope it happens for both reasons.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
Of course, like much of what you post that’s a distortion. Cliff was already in there, unknown to Chief. It was a random event but it went well. By saying we need more guys tall enough to bend their knees at a standard urinal, Chief was driving home a point how special Bigs are to us right now. Looks like message was received! So I wonder how you will explain it, if he decides to come to UConn? Your narrative will collapse.
Is this a clue that we will be adding a taller urinal this fall?

C

Chief00

so the mystery man really is cliff! but him coming here is still an "if" ... even though this was all allegedly happening within a month? gonna start tempering my expectations now
In recruiting you should ALWAYS temper your expectations - it’s very competitive on a level playing field and too often the playing field isn’t level - $.

C

Chief00

They are mutually exclusive events. Any commitment will have had nothing to do with an alleged conversation with some old dude at the pisser. But we really need a center and it will make for a great story along with endless debate and name calling. I hope it happens for both reasons.
“Old dude” ???

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
OZ was KO's personal Uber driver or something of the sort. He's a total clown and is probably one of the random accounts who still defends KO on this board.
sorry wrong guy
KO drives his own vehicle

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom