Borges: UConn hoping to hear about Wilson by the middle of next week | The Boneyard

Borges: UConn hoping to hear about Wilson by the middle of next week

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Hey, NCAA Clearinghouse, let's wait until there's one game left in the season to declare him eligible...... If working at the NCAA doesn't pan out, I hear DMV is hiring.

Do you know what a scam the NCAA is? If you're a student athlete planning to play DI or DII intercollegiate athletics, you have to register with the NCAA Clearinghouse. They charge you $75 for the privilege of answering few eligibility questions and being assigned a number in their database. Do you know how many thousands athletes there are in NCAA sports? 400,000. That's 100,000 incoming athletes per year. Divide that in half assuming only half each have DI or DII aspirations and that's 50,000 kids per year registering with the clearinghouse, that's $3.8 million in revenue per year. For what? Also, if you're poor, who's paying that fee for you?

pj

Reaction Score
Had we but world enough and time,
This dilatoriness, NCAA, were no crime.
We would sit down, and think which ways
To walk, and pass our athletes' prime.

UConn's basketball program should grow
As healthfully as a zombie, and more slow;
An hundred years should go to praise
A perfect APR, and fake classes.
For, NCAA, you deserve this state,
Nor would we petition at lower rate.

But at my back I always hear
Time’s wingèd chariot hurrying near;
And yonder all before us lie
Deserts of vast eternity.
Thy tourney shall no more be found;
And bball fans shall not come round.
The hearing room's a fine and private haunt,
But no fans, I think, do there chant.

Now therefore, while Sid Wilson's youth persist,
Let bureaucratic torpor desist.
Rather at once our time devour
Than languish in his slow-chapped power.
Let us roll all our strength and all
Our energy up into one ball,
And with rough strife
Restore the vitality of student-athlete life.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Had we but world enough and time,
This dilatoriness, NCAA, were no crime.
We would sit down, and think which way
To walk, and pass our athletes' prime years.

UConn's basketball program should grow
As healthfully as a zombie, and more slow;
An hundred years should go to praise
A perfect APR, and fake classes.
For, NCAA, you deserve this state,
Nor would we petition at lower rate.

But at my back I always hear
Time’s wingèd chariot hurrying near;
And yonder all before us lie
Deserts of vast eternity.
Thy tourney shall no more be found;
And bball fans shall not come round.
The hearing room's a fine and private haunt,
But no fans, I think, do there chant.

Now therefore, while Sid Wilson's youth persist,
Let bureaucratic torpor desist.
Rather at once our time devour
Than languish in his slow-chapped power.
Let us roll all our strength and all
Our energy up into one ball,
And with rough strife
Restore the vitality of student-athlete life.

I really love th'original work
and like your parody's framework,
But I'm quite sad you've tossed aside
Marvell's careful meter, besides
rhyming's only half the battte
and often serves to only saddle
the poet with some awful choices:
too often reaching for epoisses
he forgets to count his iambs
and in revision asks: Now why on
earth is this octameter
when all the rest tetrameter
?
There is no answer, and all the same
regrets his writing, turns on a game.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Even if he is declared eligible, I hope he redshirts. Half the season is already gone, and it's becoming more and more a lost season.

Reaction Score
I've seen things happen quicker in undeveloped nations muddled in red tape and corruption...Oh wait. Any way, with the money and resources at their disposal, this is not at all acceptable and quite pathetic.

Reaction Score
Even if he is declared eligible, I hope he redshirts. Half the season is already gone, and it's becoming more and more a lost season.

I am with you on this one. There won't be a post season for this team. save Wilson for next year. Is he currently able to practice with the team???

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I am with you on this one. There won't be a post season for this team. save Wilson for next year. Is he currently able to practice with the team???
I said it before and I'll say it again, saying that we should save Wilson for next year because it's a lost season is the worst take I've maybe ever read on here.

This program so desperately needs to get back on track today. Yesterday. Screw saving a year of eligibility in 2021. This program can't afford to do that any more. What are the odds Wilson would even stay until then? What is this team going to even look like in 2021 at this rate? If everyone thinks Ollie is gone after this year, what are the chances Wilson is still here 3 years after that?

I don't care if Wilson only makes a little difference. I'll take any difference he makes right now over a possible spot on the roster for him in 2022. Even if that means he only makes us slightly deeper and slightly more competitive by the end of the season. This isn't Donnell Beverly we are talking about, this is a top 75 recruit.

Reaction Score
My former experience with this kind of stuff when I was in the coaching world is that NCAA would have announced eligibility by Jan 1 in such cases; sometimes held off until week before spring semester begins if there were last minute questions. Usually no later than the halfway point of regular season games played. It's a fallacy to believe NCAA has best interests of the athlete as top priority......

C

Chief00

I see it as Wilson does not get cleared to play this year.

Then in April of 2019 I see Wilson grab the mic, looking into Emmert's eyes and say "See what happens when you ban me?" (mic drop)

Just the opposite, they approve but needlessly delay a decision essentially made three weeks ago. It’s meaning now is becoming increasingly academic. There you go we got that word academic into the equation.

Reaction Score
I've reversed course on this. The people saying to play him this season (if eligible) are correct. Start building chemistry with the squad now. We could use a little Jelly Fam.

C

Chief00

I said it before and I'll say it again, saying that we should save Wilson for next year because it's a lost season is the worst take I've maybe ever read on here.

This program so desperately needs to get back on track today. Yesterday. Screw saving a year of eligibility in 2021. This program can't afford to do that any more. What are the odds Wilson would even stay until then? What is this team going to even look like in 2021 at this rate? If everyone thinks Ollie is gone after this year, what are the chances Wilson is still here 3 years after that?

I don't care if Wilson only makes a little difference. I'll take any difference he makes right now over a possible spot on the roster for him in 2022. Even if that means he only makes us slightly deeper and slightly more competitive by the end of the season. This isn't Donnell Beverly we are talking about, this is a top 75 recruit.

KO ain’t saving anyone to next year when he is trying to save his job.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
If the NCAA can indict players and coaches for fraud, I don’t see why a student shouldn’t be able to sue the NCAA for fraud.

Hey, NCAA Clearinghouse, let's wait until there's one game left in the season to declare him eligible. If working at the NCAA doesn't pan out, I hear DMV is hiring.

Do you know what a scam the NCAA is? If you're a student athlete planning to play DI or DII intercollegiate athletics, you have to register with the NCAA Clearinghouse. They charge you $75 for the privilege of answering few eligibility questions and being assigned a number in their database. Do you know how many thousands athletes there are in NCAA sports? 400,000. That's 100,000 incoming athletes per year. Divide that in half assuming only half each have DI or DII aspirations and that's 50,000 kids per year registering with the clearinghouse, that's $3.8 million in revenue per year. For what? Also, if you're poor, who's paying that fee for you?

Last edited:

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Are scholarships by year or by term as far as the NCAA is concerned? Could a player start second semester his freshman year, play the following three years, then sit the fall semester of his fifth year, and play spring semester?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom