Borges article on Vance Jackson | The Boneyard

Borges article on Vance Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn commit Vance Jackson could gain playing time with Daniel Hamilton’s departure

If his Twitter account, replete with hundreds of UConn-related tweets and re-tweets, wasn’t evidence enough, Vance Jackson revealed the old-fashioned way — by phone — how excited he is to start his Husky career.

When asked when he’s due to arrive in Storrs for summer classes, Jackson replied before the question was even out of the reporter’s mouth.

“May 29,” he said. “I can’t wait.”

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
...May 29th pending KO (I kid, i kid)

We haven't had a knock down shooting prospect like V-Jax since Rashad and what we lost in DHam's hair we gained with his hair game

Reaction Score
This kid will have a much better UConn career than Dham. I see him as a slightly less athletic Deandre Daniels.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I can't wait for this kid to catch and shoot that rock for the Huskies.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
While there will be the inevitable growing pains, I think Storrs CT is going to be a very exciting place beginning this summer.
The great harvest of recruits to mix in with returning players has me thinking of a very bright future. Feel like we are starting
to emerge from NCAA sanctions era into the full rebuilding of dynastic proportions as in the past. Hats off to KO and staff on the recruiting
and may you continue to build on that base.

Reaction Score
This 'freshman' should (and is) be thanking DHam for this unexpected and amazing gift.

inspirational-smll-business-quotes4.jpg

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Hey, if turns out to be as good as player as Giffey, I'm happy.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Something tells me if he averages 2 points a game in each of his first 2 years, while playing 10 minutes a game, you will not be happy.
If we win two national championships I will be very happy.
Truthfully, we need guys who will stick for four years and pan out the last two seasons. We are no longer recruiting in the Big East. So, yes I will be happy if we get a Giffey career out of this kid.

Reaction Score
Truthfully, we need guys who will stick for four years and pan out the last two seasons. We are no longer recruiting in the Big East. So, yes I will be happy if we get a Giffey career out of this kid.
So when you said you'd be happy if he turns out to be as good a player as Giffey, you actually meant you'd be happy if the team has the same level of success as they had when Giffey was here? Lol, OK.

You bringing up our conference and recruiting is also funny given we just signed our best class on paper in a decade.

Reaction Score

What does this even mean? He's a top-100 recruit, and you'll be happy if he has the career of a lightly recruited international because it's hard to get top-100 recruits now? Our current conference situation means the opposite of what you're suggesting - if we bring in marquee talent, we need them to perform like marquee talent, because the next marquee player might be hard to get.

Reaction Score
If you don't think Vance will have a bigger impact than DHam at UConn, you are one fantasy guy.

In all the garbage I have read from you ... I have never seen ANY capacity to accurately project high school players to level of competency as UCONN basketball starters or players of impact. I can't even believe you have ever see Vance Jackson in person. I can only surmise that you have some about Daniel Hamilton not being the player you thought he should be.

get over it ...

That's not to say Vance Jackson MAY be a better player. It is just to early to tell.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If you don't think Vance will have a bigger impact than DHam at UConn, you are one fantasy guy.

Unless you are talking about cumulative numbers, where 4 might be greater than 2, it won't happen.

Vance will have to be the best player on the team, and accumulate at least 800 pts; 500 rbs; and 300 ass; 70 stls.

Reaction Score
Unless you are talking about cumulative numbers, where 4 might be greater than 2, it won't happen.

Vance will have to be the best player on the team, and accumulate at least 800 pts; 500 rbs; and 300 ass; 70 stls.

Hamilton averaged what 10/11 points for his career? Vance will average more than that. He'll also likely stay all 4 years and give us some great 3 point shooting.

Reaction Score
Hamilton averaged what 10/11 points for his career? Vance will average more than that. He'll also likely stay all 4 years and give us some great 3 point shooting.

meaningless ...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

But that was in his first two years. Vance won't match that.

For comparison, Rashad Anderson averaged 11pts/pg his entire career. That's probably Vance's upside.

Reaction Score
#analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman