Boom! Season tix bonuses! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Boom! Season tix bonuses!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I imagine a mirror hanger or something.
And where will they check that? After they are at the lot area? Then telling people to turn around? Remember this will be LAZ most likely going to determine this...

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Since you can give your blue pass away, for example, maybe they issue one special golden ticket to hang.
Relax Bonehead. It will be okay

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Since you can give your blue pass away, for example, maybe they issue one special golden ticket to hang.
Relax Bonehead. It will be okay
Sorry I am just not understanding how they are preventing the non season tix holder without screwing up traffic

Many people without season tix meet up with season tix holders after parking -

'Hey - we are going to be there at 2pm for the 7 pm kickoff' - me
'I'll meet you at 2 pm' - non season tix holder
'You can't its only for season tix holders' - me
'We will go for 2 - what are they going to do, make us turn around. It's a bunch of 16 yr old kids working for LAZ' - non season tix holder

Maybe I am over analyzing I just can't see yet how this is going to work...
#skeptical

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
No not priority points. Seat rights. I believe they now call it "seat donation". Giving them money to purchase the rights to the seat.

You just want lower prices.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Sorry I am just not understanding how they are preventing the non season tix holder without screwing up traffic

'We will go for 2 - what are they going to do, make us turn around. It's a bunch of 16 yr old kids working for LAZ' - non season tix holder

#skeptical

You are talking about like 1,000 people who care. If some of the unwashed get through you won't notice.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
You are talking about like 1,000 people who care. If some of the unwashed get through you won't notice.
So make it for everyone and not just season tix holders...

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Issue the per game parking passes and one golden pass for the season for your car. No unwashed. Let them wait 'til 8 to get their drink on
For noon games. Us well heeled will
Start at 7. And after 5 hours of tailgating, divorce court

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Gotta make us feel like we have a perk.

Remember like skiblets mentioned, schedule still isn't great so they have to get us to the game.

Inside is the next step.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

How does that sell season tickets? Of course some people realize they won't have an issue. Other people
are very particular about things like tickets and rules - just read the posts when people get paniced about tickets they ordered that haven't arrived.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
How does that sell season tickets? Of course some people realize they won't have an issue. Other people
are very particular about things like tickets and rules - just read the posts when people get paniced about tickets they ordered that haven't arrived.
True - but are you sort of saying the extra hour of tailgating will get more season tix sold?
I'm not - I've been known to be wr...wro...wrong

Reaction Score

#skeptical
Do you and your buddies take seperate motorcycles to the game?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
True - but are you sort of saying the extra hour of tailgating will get more season tix sold?
I'm not - I've been known to be wr...wro...wrong

No I imagine the goal is to save some people they would have lost otherwise.

People complained about the tailgating hours. They improved it.

Two seconds of thought makes it clear they can't enforce it but who in the hell is clamoring for early tailgaiting and isn't a season ticket holder? Can you count them on your fingers and piggies?

They made a modest improvement in something that was an issue. At the very least they are listening!

Jesus - I'm negative?

Reaction Score
FreeHat05.jpg

Reaction Score
gampelcrazies said:
No not priority points. Seat rights. I believe they now call it "seat donation". Giving them money to purchase the rights to the seat.

Plenty of seats without them.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I take advantage of the system by getting better seats through someone else and the university does not reward me...I just cannot understand it????
You're right. I should buy seats on my own account and sit across the stadium from my friends and sit by myself for 3 hours. :rolleyes: There was a time not so long ago when the venue was more than half full.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Do you and your buddies take seperate motorcycles to the game?
Excellent post!

No. 6 tix in 130 but at times we have larger tailgates with others wo are not season tix holders. I guess on those days we won't take advantage of the extra hour.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I like that you are guaranteed your same seats from the previous 3 yr plan. I wish that was available previous. Kinda skews the point aspect? Don't have to donate outside the seat donation except a small UConn Club donation.
Kinda ambiguous how to move if you want to move your seats, say, next to someone else's. Decided after ticket deadline? Roll the dice?

Is this right? We only have to pay a small club donation now instead of an extra $100 seat donation? If that's true, then seat prices did go down. We have to cut our group down from 6 to 4 but saving $300 of our total cost is a nice perk.

Love the extra hour of tailgating too! I don't get to the lots right at the open for all of the games but I get there fairly early on and it's tough to cook a breakfast AND lunch for a Noon game. Yeah, I know, I could always eat less. But why do that?? :)

Reaction Score
You're right. I should buy seats on my own account and sit across the stadium from my friends and sit by myself for 3 hours. :rolleyes: There was a time not so long ago when the venue was more than half full.

Problem solved.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I mentioned this in another thread but if I can get the hat that says 2005 on it, I'll probably renew for the hell of it.

I have no idea how many games I'll get as my whole group is dropping out and I don't have a car but I like things like the hat as trivial as it is.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I mentioned this in another thread but if I can get the hat that says 2005 on it, I'll probably renew for the hell of it.

I have no idea how many games I'll get as my whole group is dropping out and I don't have a car but I like things like the hat as trivial as it is.

Take the train to Fairfield. Butch will pick you up there. You cover the parking and I'll cover his tickets.

Problems solved everywhere.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
No I imagine the goal is to save some people they would have lost otherwise.

People complained about the tailgating hours. They improved it.

Two seconds of thought makes it clear they can't enforce it but who in the hell is clamoring for early tailgaiting and isn't a season ticket holder? Can you count them on your fingers and piggies?

They made a modest improvement in something that was an issue. At the very least they are listening!

Jesus - I'm negative?
Lol.

I get where you are now coming from - and I am absolutely jaded with FB right now but I am not a quitter - so u are stuck with me.
So you are saying opening the gates 5 hours before a game is going to keep season tix holders who would have otherwise not renewed?
I'm trying to understand...more complained about after game hours than before, no?

We all have different reasons for thinking of giving up tix I didn't know this was one of them.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Lol.

I get where you are now coming from - and I am absolutely jaded with FB right now but I am not a quitter - so u are stuck with me.
So you are saying opening the gates 5 hours before a game is going to keep season tix holders who would have otherwise not renewed?
I'm trying to understand...more complained about after game hours than before, no?

We all have different reasons for thinking of giving up tix I didn't know this was one of them.

Well they only have so many options.

They took a common complaint and made real progress.

Some people will just be happy they listened and it may persuade them. It might only be 100 people. It might only be 50. It might be 500. It doesn't matter: They are reacting to feedback. That is the important thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom