Boo Williams; other tourneys | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Boo Williams; other tourneys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Chris Daly was watching Danielle Patterson. I was told UConn is very high on Patterson. Baylor and South Carolina have already offered Danielle. UConn loves her and I am told she has a lot upside.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Chris Daly was watching Danielle Patterson. I was told UConn is very high on Patterson. Baylor and South Carolina have already offered Danielle. UConn loves her and I am told she has a lot upside.

ahem.

Dailey.

Reaction Score
Who else have the UConn Coaches been watching at the tournament. I know they have been watching Patterson & Cox. Have they been watching Lauren Walker? Is Natalie Chou there? Ionescu? Gondrezick? Aiyeotan? Holmes? Tyasha Harris?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Who else have the UConn Coaches been watching at the tournament. I know they have been watching Patterson & Cox. Have they been watching Lauren Walker? Is Natalie Chou there? Ionescu? Gondrezick? Aiyeotan? Holmes? Tyasha Harris?

Geno watched Megan Walker on Friday. Whichever coaches watched Lauren Cox also saw her teammates Jade Williams and Charli Collier. Williams has been connected to UConn previously. Collier is the uber-talented freshmen who just changed her verbal from Texas; saw her play in yesterday's game and she's got tons of upside.

Haven't heard anything about the other names.

Reaction Score
Hopefully Coach Bill was referring to UConn when he mentions "a program that excels with team execution, passing"!!!

Reaction Score
Watched part of the Cy-Fair (Holmes and Mulkey) game this morning. Holmes didn't have a great game (She must have been knocked to the floor more than 10 times in the game, unusual for someone as strong as she is) and Mulkey was not a factor at all. A big on that team to watch is 2018 class, 6'7", Sedona Prince. She has more basketball awareness than Mulkey and moves much better also.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Sluconn Husky said:
About Megan Walker, Re-Tweeted by Megan Walker: 591681370767925248

I think I know a team like that?!?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Wish i could find out more info on how Boykin did... this was her first tournament (games) back since she tore her ACL last summer.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Hopefully Coach Bill was referring to UConn when he mentions "a program that excels with team execution, passing"!!!
There aren't many of those, and UConn is clearly the best. Crystal will get her the ball in scoring position. So will the other Huskues on the floor. Everyone gets 100 assists again!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Dangerfield's numbers from one of her games Sunday:

15 points ( 7-15 fg, 0-3 3-pt, 1-2 ft )

She missed her first four shots but then pretty much controlled the last 20 minutes of the game. Four or five of her FG's were of the wow variety including a couple of floaters and a pair of finishes on drives.

Reaction Score
How can these AAU teams afford to travel all over the country ? shoe companies ?

Reaction Score
Wish i could find out more info on how Boykin did... this was her first tournament (games) back since she tore her ACL last summer.
I watched the beginning of Boykin's first match and she went off after only a few minutes clutching the knee that had the ACL injury. Hope its not more bad news...

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score

A quick little snippet of Tyasha Harris from the Deep South Classic this weekend.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
How can these AAU teams afford to travel all over the country ? shoe companies ?
Yes shoe companies, but mostly coming out of parents pockets and fun rasiers and donations for the parents who cannot afford it. Thank God there are still a few organizations on the Girls side that are in it for the kids. On the Boys side it has become beyond sleazy. See the 30 for 30 special on Sonny Voccaro.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
A quick little snippet of Tyasha Harris from the Deep South Classic this weekend.
She's good I know you have been high on her for a while, Now you have me convinced! Hope the staff takes a long look at her.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Yes shoe companies, but mostly coming out of parents pockets and fun rasiers and donations for the parents who cannot afford it. Thank God there are still a few organizations on the Girls side that are in it for the kids. On the Boys side it has become beyond sleazy. See the 30 for 30 special on Sonny Voccaro.
Saw that the other day, crazy.

Reaction Score
Over 3 years, my daughter played for several AAU programs including 2 EYBL teams. Different programs have different policies but a lot comes from parents who can pay including travel. The teams look for cost effective options such as chartering buses or getting a couple of vans if coaches can drive. Not all girls can afford the expense or some teams choose to cover the expense for a coveted player (I believe!) so the team will help out where they can. For example, teams will have team hotel rooms where a group of girls will share.

Girls programs don't get a ton of sneaker money. They do get gear. EYBL teams who have been around for awhile tend to several established fundraising events, BB camps and tournaments to defray expenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom