Boneyard Membership Stats | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Boneyard Membership Stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
And now it's probably going to turn into a long AO thread. Hopefully not; I really didn't want to bash the kid. Water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned.

Reaction Score
And now it's probably going to turn into a long AO thread. Hopefully not; I really didn't want to bash the kid. Water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned.

AO who? No worries - NEXT

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
It could've been that without Andre, things would've been great and the team would have gone far, but I tend to think that players that get hit with some adversity should fight through it to be a better player, and not go into the tank and sulk. I'd be willing to bet Alex would've sulked no matter what that year. Tough times don't last; tough players do.

My memory was that Alex was being very positive and welcoming toward Andre prior to and after AD decided to come to UConn. Alex was acting kind of like Rodney has been since the end of last year. It looked to me that it never occurred to AO that he could lose time with AD coming. Like August, I felt that this was not JC's best coaching year. Other issues included no set leader, with J. Lamb looking to be "the guy" and Bazz looking to be the "quarterback" but without general support, it seemed. Roscoe wanted to be a 3 but didn't play like a 3. Lots of issues that year.

Reaction Score
A comment was made in another thread referring to the number of Boneyard members being significantly higher today than in years past. That made me curious to see what that increase actually is.

Back in Fall of 2011 (after our 3rd ship), we had 1,667 registered members. Today we have 5,520!

We've averaged about 1,000 new members each year since then (702 so far this past year).

Great to see our community grow!

Source: Internet Archive Way Back Machine
at last years AAC tourny in Hartford, I mentioned to a fan that I spend all Summer surfing the net, looking for Hoops and other sports info. He told me about TBY. BY needs to get the word out. The BY was great this Summer with news of recruits. Actually had postings of commits before the papers had them. Am on several times a day, reading the posts on all the threads. Thank You BY.

Reaction Score
Been a Husky fan since the early 80s. A couple years ago I heard one of the Courant reporters mention the Boneyard so I went looking.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
This includes Boneyarders who are now in real Boneyards. You live forever as a username.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It a good community. It is easily, one the best college fan sites out there.

Slightly OT - I know a few lurkers who are terrified to post, which always makes me laugh. I guess it can be a tough place if you are thin skinned, but it is far "kindler, gentler" than it once was and consequently, not quite as much fun.

Reaction Score
I've been on the boneyard, in all its iterations, since 98. I'm the only poster that Fishy doesn't think dilutes the gene pool here. He thinks, and I quote "Coloradohusky is wicked smaht!". Since I hardly post anymore, he's probably right.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
CL82 said:
It a good community. It is easily, one the best college fan sites out there. Slightly OT - I know a few lurkers who are terrified to post, which always makes me laugh. I guess it can be a tough place if you are thin skinned, but it is far "kindler, gentler" than it once was and consequently, not quite as much fun.

It's way kinder and gentler , no one even says "shut up Dove" anymore.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
A comment was made in another thread referring to the number of Boneyard members being significantly higher today than in years past. That made me curious to see what that increase actually is.

Back in Fall of 2011 (after our 3rd ship), we had 1,667 registered members. Today we have 5,520!

We've averaged about 1,000 new members each year since then (702 so far this past year).

Great to see our community grow!

Source: Internet Archive Way Back Machine

The number of active users and posts has remained constant over the past few years. New members replace those who have left, and a good percent of registered users are from other teams - they only visit around the time their team plays UConn.

Bottom line: a good percent of the 5,000 + registered users are inactive.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

Slightly OT - I know a few lurkers who are terrified to post, which always makes me laugh. I guess it can be a tough place if you are thin skinned, but it is far "kindler, gentler" than it once was and consequently, not quite as much fun.

When I first signed up, I lurked for awhile because I saw the way newbies got their heads bitten off if they said something stupid. But that's just a rite of passage here.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Pretty much don't be a dick and you are all good.

Reaction Score
So we added 4,000 new bandwagon hoppers? That explains a lot actually.
Exactly the point I was originally making when I mentioned the increase that inspired this thread

Since people are specifying, I've been lurking since the old forum, signed up under a different handle shortly after this forum was created

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Fishy of course is the exception that proves the rule?

We'll, he's not new. Once you become an old curmudgeon, in boneyard time, you can pretty much do what you want. He's effectively an Ancient at this point.

Reaction Score

Actually, it's not a case of being thin skinned, quite the contrary. In many cases it makes more sense to be quiet and keep them guessing than to open your mouth and confirm....LOL

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Shut up. Nobody cares what you think.

Reaction Score
Was a lurker for a while but joined in Sept 2011. Not a regular by any means but post when I see something I want to comment on or have a strong feeling about.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Could call it bad luck in hindsight . I love that Drummond was here and chose his home school, no ill will there. He's a generational talent. It can be argued though that his late arrival and subsequent deployment caused a waterfall of chemistry issues that torpedoed our season.

Yeah, well, that's horse s---.

That season was all on Jim Calhoun.

He was distracted the entire year by health problems, the suspension, the impending APR issue, etc.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Yeah, well, that's horse s---.

That season was all on Jim Calhoun.

He was distracted the entire year by health problems, the suspension, the impending APR issue, etc.
you should have quoted the full post and read the last sentence.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I have 590 trophy points. I bet all these noobs don't even have 1/2 that.
This is kinda like cod. "My K/D is higher, you scrub get at me." The boneyards post/like ratio is kinda like a k/d. The higher the likes to post ratio, the more respected the poster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom